North Ferriby v TUFC Match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A few things for those who weren't at the game that will not have been relayed by Radio Devon:

1. I felt sorry for you short arses as the urinal tray was very high up indeed, that said the facilities were still many times improved on those at Bootham Crescent.
2. North Ferriby take the tops of bottles to prevent them being used as missiles, yet the home end backs on to allotments and there were much more suitable missiles of apples, pears and plums poking through the fence onto the terrace. One of them to the back of the head would definitely sting.
3. Decent stewards, they marshalled the blatantly smoking Hull Gulls and ensured everyone was well looked after and treated with respect
4. The wind was whirling, impressive and certainly prevented a a Williams goal
5. The wind blew in regular whiffs of Humber
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No disgrace to lose to North Ferriby. They are obviously a big team backed by an oil sheikh so all this talk of them being a village team full of minnows is rubbish.

I mean they ran Lincoln pretty close only losing 1-6.

By all accounts Chamberlain was on the pitch at some stage. Its laughable that he is the sort of player we have stooped to.

Actually the one person I don't blame in this shambles is Nicholson.

It must be difficult being the manager with both feet and hands tied beyond your back.

As for the board - well just bugger off and lock the doors. I'm ashamed to be a Torquay supporter.

The season is only four games olds and we are back to fielding Western league players and as for the players having to drive 300 miles in their own cars to the game - it actually beggars belief.

Don't the coach company have another coach? its seriously a frigging joke.

Turn the lights off - the club has been reduced to a laughing stock.
Martyn7
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Martyn7 »

brucie wrote:No disgrace to lose to North Ferriby. They are obviously a big team backed by an oil sheikh so all this talk of them being a village team full of minnows is rubbish.

I mean they ran Lincoln pretty close only losing 1-6.

By all accounts Chamberlain was on the pitch at some stage. Its laughable that he is the sort of player we have stooped to.

Actually the one person I don't blame in this shambles is Nicholson.

It must be difficult being the manager with both feet and hands tied beyond your back.

As for the board - well just bugger off and lock the doors. I'm ashamed to be a Torquay supporter.

The season is only four games olds and we are back to fielding Western league players and as for the players having to drive 300 miles in their own cars to the game - it actually beggars belief.

Don't the coach company have another coach? its seriously a frigging joke.

Turn the lights off - the club has been reduced to a laughing stock.
I've yet to see any evidence of you being a supporter; give me one, just one, example of how your toxic-rants and self-confessed absence at any game can be viewed as support.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Well yesterday was tough to watch.

My first game of the season and it was painful. You can't question the effort from the lads but you can question their ability. Let's go through the side,
Moore - had nothing to do all game apart from to pick the ball out of the net.

Rowe-Turner- an athlete he is, a footballer he is not. Sloppy distribution and woeful crossing.
Gallifuoco- Not strong in the air which is a problem. With the ball at his feet I thought he looked fine until McGinty would scream at him.
McGinty- Played with Pogba?! He is the pinnacle of Sunday league defending. Hours of time on the ball, hoofs it out of play and encourages more pressure. Where's the composure?!
Verma- One of our strongest players. He's just so confident on the ball and a great range of passing. Again crossing questionable but that's nitpicking

Sparkes- Looked lively all game on of the better performers. Should've scored with his two shots in the second half but good work rate to get hmself into those positions.
Young- Not the player he was but still tries to get the ball moving. Great free-kick which he was unlucky with.
Lathrope- A good performance I felt. Twice the player Richards is. Puts himself about but can do something once he's won the ball. Great block in the first half to stop a certain goal.
Chaney- Went off early on, injured or dropped?

Blissett- The same useless lump as he was last season except with out the crucial goals. Doesn't win a header which is a problem when all the defence do is lump it to him. Can't hold the ball up either.
Williams- Reminds Nicholson of Berbatov?! Slow on the ball. Stupid needless challenge for his yellow card and should've scored 2.

Subs-
Reid- How is he in the team when we have a youngster from West Brom? Why have we got the guy from west brom if Reid is ahead of him? What is he doing playing professional football? AND Why has Nicholson not seen he is terrrible?
Ward- Another young lad from West Brom. Similar player to Young always looking for a pass, did a great one to Blissett who would've been through had he not practically cleared the ball trying to control it.
Chamberlain- Keen and eager, but no quality.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

All in all we created chances and until we can start taking them we're in trouble.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

CP Gull wrote:"North Ferriby winning. Sorry to say this but Torquay have been horrible far from the team I remember"

The reaction of Danny Racchi on Twitter who was at the game today .....
Racchi reportedly told our former CEO that he would love to come back here. We couldn't afford him in the summer but we have Macdonald's wages to use now don't we?
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Martyn7 wrote: I've yet to see any evidence of you being a supporter; give me one, just one, example of how your toxic-rants and self-confessed absence at any game can be viewed as support.
:goodpost:

I too would love to see that example.

Now. Maybe, at last, Brucie has seen enough to persuade him to push off and support Appledore, Bideford or Exeter or ANYONE ELSE.

Finally.

If he can make his mind up, that is.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

torq2u wrote: :goodpost:

Now. Maybe, at last, Brucie has seen enough to persuade him to push off and support Appledore, Bideford or Exeter or ANYONE ELSE.

Finally.

:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

torq2u wrote: :goodpost:

Finally.

Calm down, dears ! Brucie loves to wind people up with his 'toxic rants' and he succeeds at it very well. He has travelled down from North Devon for several seasons, even for many games last season (I know 'cos he has told us so on here). Before you criticise him, ask yourself - would you drive down and back from North Devon on a wet November day to watch the dross we've had to endure for much of the past three seasons (apart from the end of last season)? I'm b*ggered if I would ! I don't agree with some of Brucie's postings, but in his brutal style, he is right on many things. For example, when players have to drive themselves 300 miles to an away match, the club is a laughing stock.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I'm with brucie too!
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Its interesting to see how different some people's opinions are of these games and in truth reading these do make me laugh.... how anyone on here could praise of defend the Sutton performance is beyond me and really need to look at yourselves or learn what football is...

Norfolk Gull has summed up the players pretty well there. As previously mentioned LRT & Lathrope are surely at TUFC because of being mates with Nico because these 2 are utter toss, LRT is worse than an ageing Nico which speaks volumes.. We don't have a good enough spine of the team, i would have Verma in the middle, works hard and has been the best player by a country mile so far, sign a right back to replace him, i didn't see what the trialist was like against west brom but surely an option, he cant be worse than LRT.

I do agree they need time to click however after all this chat about pre season, being fitter than every team that is far from the truth and some in worse shape like Young. Get him out the bookies and on the training pitch.

Personally never been a fan of 2 big men uptop and i think williams would be better off with a pacey smaller goalscorer next to him than blissett, blissett has been a lump and hasnt won much in the air... thats his job.

really do fear for saturday against dover and feel if they get an early goal and we play like we have been we could be on the end of a 4-0
fred disley

Post by fred disley »

I drive down from the borders of Somerset for every game, I do wonder for my sanity sometimes, but regardless of that Torquay is my team, everyone has their own views about what constitutes the best eleven from amongst our meagre resources and we do seem to have acquired a few lame ducks this season, certain players who were stars last season seem to have not turned up for this one. I disagree slightly with Aggrey in that Blissett can win headers all day long and Williams obviously has it in his contract that he doesn't have to head the ball. Where I do agree ,Blissett needs to play with a fast old type inside forward who can play off him, I would suggest a Chaney with experience but we haven't got one of those, regardless of our forward line the old rules of building from the back are as true today as when some wise sage said it years ago. So they has too be rock solid.
Yet again ,the team that finishes this season will bear little resemblance to the one that started it.