Torquay v Eastleigh 21.3.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

No its not FACT

In that case I am off the bus and so many others will be as well

So much for the beautiful game then if thats the kind of crap you are happy to watch
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

"we knew what they were going to do. We knew that they’re full of experience. We knew they’d slow things down, we knew they’d try and frustrate, knew they’d wind the crowd up." ~ Kevin Nicholson on tonight's latest failure
Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 0YcxqQz.99
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Dutchgull wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 23:35 No its not FACT

In that case I am off the bus and so many others will be as well

So much for the beautiful game then if thats the kind of crap you are happy to watch
:} The naivety.........

Do you want to win games or watch the "nice little team" get bullied in every game? I guess it's the latter.

Remember when we all used to hate Steve Evans and his Crawley team for their antics? Which team came out on top?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

As usual some clowns commenting on a game they haven't seen , agree with Dutchgull, this was beyond game
management, referee was shocking and Eastleighs behaviour disgraceful
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Naivety ...bollocks

Its not a question of being "a nice little team "

I want to see FOOTBALL being played obviously too much to ask for in your world.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I hear you Dutchgull - but take into account that 3 matches ago Eastleigh were being sucked into the relegation zone and Richard Hill came back to do something about it. It may not be pretty to watch, but it is effective - tonight's win and previous back to back wins have given them a precious 9 points and some breathing space. If Torquay could take a leaf out of their tactical book we could breathe easy too. For this reason I don't buy into 'dishonest cheats' they were fighting for survival as we are - except we wont survive because we are tactically inept. Still don't worry we wont be playing them next season - onwards and upwards to Weston-Super-Mare and Truro for some riveting part-time football with match official just promoted from the local Sunday League.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

desperado wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 23:44 As usual some clowns commenting on a game they haven't seen , agree with Dutchgull, this was beyond game
management, referee was shocking and Eastleighs behaviour disgraceful
but Eastleigh won. They get 3 points. We get nothing.

I'd rather my club was 12th than 21st tonight. If that means being cute, sly, cunning, awkward and wasting a bit of time, then so be it.

I wasn't there tonight and I'm sure the referee was poor but we can't keep blaming the referee's.

One last question. Did everybody clap the team off tonight?

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 23:47 I hear you Dutchgull - but take into account that 3 matches ago Eastleigh were being sucked into the relegation zone and Richard Hill came back to do something about it. It may not be pretty to watch, but it is effective - tonight's win and previous back to back wins have given them a precious 9 points and some breathing space. If Torquay could take a leaf out of their tactical book we could breathe easy too. For this reason I don't buy into 'dishonest cheats' they were fighting for survival as we are - except we wont survive because we are tactically inept. Still don't worry we wont be playing them next season - onwards and upwards to Weston-Super-Mare and Truro for some riveting part-time football with match official just promoted from the local Sunday League.
:goodpost:

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Thanks desparado as you say people making comments who were not there to watch how far to the extreme that Eastleigh were taking it tonight.

I have seen all the cheats over the years from Warnocks Scarborough kicking every ball out of the ground and thugs like Steve Evans and Paul Raynor.

Do you seriously think that what they do is acceptable ??

My point is that it seems to be happening more and more and people are accepting it rather than saying no I would actually like to see some football being played and not be robbed and taken for a mug.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Burnhamgull wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 23:50 One last question. Did everybody clap the team off tonight?
Thankfully not, there were boos at the end. The referee was poor and failed to get a grip on Eastleigh's time wasting. However he can't blamed for the goals we could conceded, they were of our own making.

I'm deeply concerned about hodgkiss leaving, he's been among our best players in recent weeks and was badly let down by a lack of width tonight. I guess galifuoco will fill in at right back? Things are getting worse, not better.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dutchgull wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 23:53 Thanks desparado as you say people making comments who were not there to watch how far to the extreme that Eastleigh were taking it tonight.
Look this a tough league with tough characters in it.......you want to see 'football' then look to your own side to play it and if they do they will overcome that sort of stubborn resistance.

Do you think Eastleigh would have been wasting time if they were behind?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 22 Mar 2017, 00:02
Do you think Eastleigh would have been wasting time if they were behind?
Absolutely not! Eastleigh wasted no time to get their lead back- 5 min after our 1st equaliser and only 3 mins after our 2nd equaliser.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I'm with Dutchgull. Football is supposed to be entertainment and spectators will not turn out to watch games where the whole object seems to be to frustrate. But Mellow Yellow is right. The 'keeper can choose which side of the goal he takes goal kicks and the ref can do nothing about it. It has been a stupid change of the rules. I reckon the keeper wasted at least 10 minutes during tonight's match. What makes it even more annoying is that Eastleigh don't need to do it. They have players in their side with the ability to win tonight's match at a canter.

Orange Gull - many of us on the Pop side did applaud the players at the end of the game. As I saw it, the boo-ing was directed at the Eastleigh 'keeper who was winding up the crowd at the end and also the ref who wasn't great, but he could do nothing about the 'keeper's time-wasting 'cos it's in the rules. There have been games this season when I haven't applauded the players but tonight they gave their all in dreadful conditions against a team of very experienced players who have badly underachieved. Having said that, their second and third goals resulted from kama-kazi defending in the centre of our defence. I am begining to understand why Anderson only played once for Exeter and not at all for Barrow. He's only marginally better than Gerring. Yes Orange Gull - I am also concerned about Hodgkiss leaving. I think the young full back from Bournemouth is still with us but it's a big ask for him to step up when the stakes are so high.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Probably yes with their mindset tonight !!

Every league is a tough league. My point is that a side like Eastleigh with experienced players like Tubbs, Constable and Stack did they really need to do what they did to the extreme tonight ?

I mean jeez they could have ripped us apart anyway as we are that crap !

I am not complaining about losing, used to that !

Its the manner in which the game was played which was so frustrating as they easily had the quality to beat us without doing what they did
I can respect a team that wins on merit but not one that wins in a way that they did not need to do.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Thought we showed far more penetration tonight but let down by our piss poor defending. We had 11 attempts to their 5 but only 5 on target to their 4. The fact that they scored 3 of these goes to show how much more clinical they were. Basically they scored when they had to and then time wasted when they didn't. Not pretty but effective against a team everyone knows rarely wins from a goal behind.

With other results going against us it looks increasingly like relegation for us.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!