Tranmere Rovers v Torquay United 9/12/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Tranmere Rovers v Torquay United 9/12/17

Post by lucy6lucy »

So we enter the 2nd half of the season, against our opponents from the first game of the season tranmere. The 0-0 draw back in August was divided in opinion as to whether it was a point gained or 2 lost, due to the red cards they received. I personally thought at the time it was a point we gained. What we endured during the next 14 games is unacceptable and heartbreaking as a Torquayunited fan, losing and conceding goals late in matches and playing crap . A team that failed to win any of there first 14 games and enters match day 24 only 3 points from safety, surely has the gods on there side. We can get out of this mess, but we are damm lucky the rest above us are not picking up points and haven't widened the gap.
Personally I fancy us against tranmere rather than Aldershot. Tranmere have underperformed this season, so are under pressure in every match they play know, this will suit us. I'm going for a 2-1 Torquay win and with Leyton orient playing Sutton United, come 5pm next Saturday we are out of the relegation places. :scarf: :scarf:
Have already bought my 5 tickets on line. So if your going I suggest you do the same. Pretty much £2-3 a saving from on the day prices.
Lucy
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

There may be the possibility of a point and, with three clean sheets recently, I shall predict the following:

Tranmere Rovers (0),0
Torquay United (0) 0

Att: 5108.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

3 nil loss for me
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
reremnart
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Josh Gowling

Post by reremnart »

Tranmere fan here in peace.
We have improved a lot lately especially at home where we are starting to look like the Tranmere of last season. We have won 4 of our last five home games, scoring 4 twice, the only blemish being an extremely one sided game against Chester when they parked a fleet of buses, a tank and a jumbo jet in front of their goal yet we still could have scored 3 or 4 but for the match of a lifetime performance from their keeper. Their fans celebrated getting a 0-0 draw as if they had won promotion such was their relief at getting away with it. Norwood and Cook have at last found their shootiing boots and we now have the speed and width on the flanks we badly missed early on with the signing of Motley Henry, Cole and Green.

What team we will put out on Saturday is up in the air right now as we have Jay Harris and Steve McNulty back from suspension and possibly Geoff Hughes and Liam Ridehalgh back from injury although myself I would rather Mellon retained the side from our 4-0 win again Maidstone 2 weeks ago which included 2 youngsters in defence Eddie Clark at left back who won MOTM for the second successive game and Evan Gumbs at CB who is, as you can imagine, far more mobile than McNulty (there are 3 legged elephants that are more mobile than him quite frankly) who IMO don`t deserve, based on some of his recent performances, to come straight back into the side.

Those of you coming up for the game might like to visit the fan zone which is a large marquee on the car park outside the main stand which serves, amongst other beverages, a selection of guest ales and has large screen TV usually showing the lunchtime game on Sky. Away fans are extremely welcome and I can guarantee some good football banter.

One thing I will warn you about is that the weather forecast for the weekend starting tomorrow is not looking good with freezing tempertures and possibly snow so I would recommend you check for possible pitch inspections before you travel if possible.

Is Jennison Myrie Williams still playing for you guys ? If he is he will almost certainly get a rough ride from our fans as he gave some of the most disgraceful "can`t be arsed" performances I have ever seen from a professional footballer when he played for us the season we there relegated from League 2.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

2-1 to the gulls. think we are on the up.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

reremnart wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 16:54 Is Jennison Myrie Williams still playing for you guys ? If he is he will almost certainly get a rough ride from our fans
Most recently unused or late sub has been his role. Doubt that will change for Saturday.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I wouldn't say Myrie Williams has been 'playing' for us Tranmere fan, he has been on the pitch a few times
mainly as a sub, but I think I would agree with your fans , lets say he has been very disappointing, he wont be here
any longer after his loan is up. I see you have been clawing your way back up the league after a poor start, Mellon
cant have been far off the sack a few weeks ago with your clubs expectations, luckily for you it is so tight at the top
that you are still in with a shout of the title as I for one expected. We have improved as well and I would expect us
to give you a hard game , we are quite capable of taking all three points, but more likely one or a single goal defeat
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Myrie Williams isn't on loan, it's a non-contract deal.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Hopefully only a 3 month one
reremnart
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Josh Gowling

Post by reremnart »

Glad to see we are not the only fans with a less than favourable opinion of JMW. To be fair to the guy we did have him on loan when he was at Bristol City and he did quite well, including scoring at goal at Elland Road in a 2-0 win but second time we had him he was shocking, resulting in him getting substituted in the first half in one game , getting booed off the pitch to which he started waving at the crowd. Not a bright thing to do under the circumstances.

Just a small weather update. We had some snow up here this morning in parts of the Wirral but in Birkenhead it was a mixture of light rain and sleet. Our pitch is in fairly good nick, considering there where 2 games played on it on Wednesday (Liverpool youth team in the afternoon and our reserves in the evening), so unless there is more snow prior to the game, and none is forecast for Birkenhead, just some of the surrounding areas, the game should be good to good. Just wrap up warm people. This is the frozen North remember not the English Rivera !!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Just booked my seat and will be there we are in better shape now and will give Tranmere a tough game.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

geee no posts today. where is everyone. i was thinking of going but with my health i dont think i could cope with that cold. ive just come down from the North having been in uddersfield and it was too cold there even though i was in a centrally heated room. cold seat outside. no thankyou,
i'm not confident of a good result today but hey ho. its another game. who knows what will happen. im not even sure it wont get called off.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Only Gateshead Match off in the National League but loads off in NL North due to frozen pitches.

Very difficult game for United today with Norwood and Cook to contend with.
However defence much improved so I am ever the optimist and hope for a 1-1 draw.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

starting line up

Dorel (GK), Efete, Davis, Lathrope, McGinty (c), Young, Keating, McQuoid, Barnum-Bobb, Reid, Davey

subs Clarke (GK), Pittman, Gnabouyou, Andrésson, Myrie-Williams
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 14:48 starting line up

Dorel (GK), Efete, Davis, Lathrope, McGinty (c), Young, Keating, McQuoid, Barnum-Bobb, Reid, Davey

subs Clarke (GK), Pittman, Gnabouyou, Andrésson, Myrie-Williams
good team for today.

hope that Gnabouyou is fitter and gets a bit more time on the pitch today.

COYY!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468