Torquay United v Barrow 3/2/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Ffs why can't we just score first & then go on and capitalize on it , Christ from what I've seen this season in opposition this league is really s#1t , we really are that carp aren't we ?

TUFC (1) 2 Romain 13, Williams 69.
BARROW (1) 1
Att:- 1468 (13 away) A N Other 15.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I gotta a feeling we may win tomorrow.

Williams has to start no excuses. Upfront with Romain. Reid has to be dropped.

Either way im positive, tomorrow is a must win game. COYY
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Win tomorrow, with whispers of the great escape happening, only for them to be dashed the following week with another defeat.

It’s the hope that kills.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 19:36 Win tomorrow, with whispers of the great escape happening, only for them to be dashed the following week with another defeat.

It’s the hope that kills.
And it certainly ain't a quick clean death, being a Torquay fan is a long, hard, slow, arduous death sentence guaranteed NEVER to put you out of your misery, it's probably purgatory in disguise .
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think we all know that this game simply has to be won. Defeat IMO will confirm beyond reasonable doubt relegation to the NLS. A points deficit of 14 (if you include GD) from Barrow who are 5th from bottom AND with games in hand is quite simply irretrievable. A draw won't see Torquay lose any further ground on Barrow however the visitors will still have two games in hand, one a winnable one at Guiseley. Relegation still would be a likely outcome if tomorrow's game ended in a draw.

Over to you Mr Owers and the players. Anything other than a win is the final nail in the NL coffin.

As i said about Bromley where you got battered Mr Owers. It's Barrow you are playing - not Barcelona. If Coventry City can beat Stoke in the FA Cup during one lot of 90 minutes then Torquay beating Barrow shouldn't really be that hard to envisage. Get the job done.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

3-0 victory. A bit worried about Grant Holt at corners but all should be fine.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

2-1 to us today . All too late to mean much other than just pride I’m afraid.
Young and Romain in the first half.
Att 1534
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

My guess is waterlogged pitch
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Could be right. 7mm of rain overnight here in Teignmouth.

Pitch inspection likely???
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Looking at table and for a moment thought possible win today and gap is 7 points as Radio Devon have just mentioned on the radio

When you look at table ( I've avoided it for a long time now ) but 7 points from the remaining 13 or so I just saw light at end of tunnel in terms of survival. If we win today.
However barrow have 2 games in hand ( could we assume they might get a draw or a win in one of them ) possible yes. With the teams above barrow 13 points above us with better goal diff ( 14 points really )

Barrow only minus 4 goal diff. So really the gap is more like 12 - 14 points

So a win today and still at best 3 wins from catching anyone assuming teams above us keep losing

Lose and even owers would have to consede. He should do the right thing and walk away in my opinion. But however after taking 4 weeks to appoint him Harrop should walk away

I know it won't happen but for FOOTBALLING REASONS ONLY OWERS AND HARROP SHOULD WALK AWAY . WOULDN'T GET AWAY WITH IT WOULD YOU HARROP ANYWHERE ELSE.

SORRY GUYS ON FORUM IVE JUST LOOKED AT THE TABLE AND FEEL UTTERLY PISSED OFF.

Raining , dogs grumpy and now this.

Anyone from the Yorkshire area attending any football today ??? Plz let me know as may join you
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Check before you travel, it's pouring at the moment and had been very wet overnight.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Looks like the heavier stuff has cleared now. No point in calling it off early , surely Barrow and any of their
handful of fans would have been here overnight
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

midtable wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 03:12 3-0 victory. A bit worried about Grant Holt at corners but all should be fine.
That's what his driving instructor said too! ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Forecast saying that the rain should ease off soon and stay dry for the rest of the day so hopefully delaying a decision to postpone will work out for everyone. Especially the Barrow fans.

Got sleet up here so might leave the Matlock v Lancaster match i was going to go to. Might just stay in and annoy the crap out of everyone on here after kick off. With SNW that will at least make two of us. :na:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Very surprised if this match is even in doubt, there was little or no rain during the week, the pitch drainage is pretty good now, it would depend on how much water is laying in the pitch, as the rain stopped some hours ago now, and it is dry and breezy.
Formerly known as forevertufc