Maidenhead v Torquayunited 10/2/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Football fans a fickle bunch hahahaha :scarf:
Paignton boy

Post by Paignton boy »

Great result but I assume our match winner today will not be available next week against Dagenham & R being his parent club?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Paignton boy wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 19:17 Great result but I assume our match winner today will not be available next week against Dagenham & R being his parent club?
Correct. Need to sign him permanently for him to play.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Video of Barnes wonder strike to make it 1-0:

https://x.com/fc_video/status/962404887064727553

What a great game, could see the equaliser coming after such a dominant start but great character to come back into it and win it!

First time I’ve seen Romain play.. SIGN HIM UP!

COYY!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

He’s signed to end of season
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 18:19 Now I know we are still in the relegation zone there is along way to go, I will be told not to get carried away.. But come on you really have to start to believe ...
Absolutely! the emotional gratification of believing in the impossible and surviving relegation is what we all desire. We must keep the faith! even when believing is beyond the power of reason to believe.

Three home matches to come and then in the month of March we play Solihull, Guiseley and Chester. If we keep believing we are halfway there.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I have felt all along if Williams had stayed we would have had a good season now we've got to hope it's not to late. Well done everyone.
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

Very good win, scrappy performance and far from perfect but the win was all that mattered on that pitch! It was cutting up from just the warm ups.

Dorel in my opinion was man of the match, he made 3 or 4 top quality saves which kept us from going behind and I don’t feel if we had gone behind we would’ve got anything out of today!

A very happy Gull! Come on you Yellows
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

IanGull01 wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 19:38 He’s signed to end of season
On a permanent deal I mean!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Video of Romains goal to win the game

https://x.com/twitter/statuses/962405262345887744
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

portugull wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 18:07 I do not like this constant sniping at Jamie Reid.

kevgull what will you say if Reid scores the goal which keeps us up?

All the players need our 100% support and it sounds like the away support for United today was unbelievable! COYY.
portugull, on reflection, I could have posted a more positive comment regarding our result today however I have had to wait until the last 3rd of the season before TUFC management has woken up to our predicament.

Reid’s past inclusion into the started 11 has been an indication as to the lack of quality within our squad. It’s no coincidence that we are getting results now that the squad has been improved, forcing Reid onto the bench.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
3SNPZQ6CCMRE8

Post by 3SNPZQ6CCMRE8 »

But it looks like Jamie Reid will play in the next game as Romain will not feature against his parent club
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

What a great, battling performance that was. Anymore rain and it would have been in doubt, for sure. Battling yes, but I thought we got the ball down well and played in the first half and counter attacked just as well in the second. Barnes, Dowling, Young and Evans all have decent quality on the ball and we’ve got two strikers who look dangerous. There was no chance of either of them coming off, we looked like we could score on every attack.

Maidenhead looked like a mid table team that played a cup game in midweek, but who cares? Out of form Dagenham next week, we HAVE to keep going. COYY
Paignton boy

Post by Paignton boy »

First double of the season albeit against a side where the odds were against them with both fixtures!!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Really good day out today. Friendly club, unsegregated proves it can be done at football matches. Their stewards/rules could certainly teach ours a thing or two. Good performance from the team who actually look like a team as last! Great away support.4 points from safety but a few games in hand for those around us. All we can do is keep winning! Gutted if Romain is unavailable next week.