Maidenhead v Torquayunited 10/2/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Maidenhead v Torquayunited 10/2/18

Post by lucy6lucy »

Relegation is almost a certainty, but the new signings and current team players have responded in the last 2 matches against Macclesfield and Barrow to give us a little glimmer of hope. This glimmer of hope can only be extended if we beat Maidenhead. A draw on Saturday is equivalent to a defeat. We must win Saturday. Maidenhead travelled to Stockport on Tuesday and lost in the fa trophy, so the emphasis for Gary Owers team talk is surely attack and attack, we have nothing to lose. COYY
Lucy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Another win and i reckon the scrap is on.

I just hope that if it's a draw going into the closing stages that Owers would go all out for the win rather than settling for a draw. As we've seen, the accumulation of points by teams around us has been laborious for quite some time so losing a game by going all out to win won't be too detrimental.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

It HAS to be play positively for a win!
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I agreed need to go for a win, but Maidenhead have a great home record so a difficult ask. I do not think a draw would be the worst result! With 3 home games to follow 3 wins who know where we could be! I still believe that we will string enough results together to get our of this. And it is so important not to lose so we can keep momentum! Moving into our 3 home games with a 3 game unbeaten run will be great for confidence.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Despite the off field crap we are going through, I REALLY don’t want to drop down another league and if we are going to stay up, the tide has to turn now.

That’s why I’m making the journey and bringing two of my mates with me! We can only hope this is the start of the escape. COYY
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Thought the escape started two weeks ago at Macclesfield!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't understand why you consistently berate Owers for playing for a draw at Macclesfield. Had you listened to the game you might have heard that Barnes got injured in the lead up to our equalizer and was reduced to being a passenger for the rest of the game.

We had used up all our subs so perhaps that is the reason he moved Romain back into a more withdrawn role.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

brucie wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 11:52 I don't understand why you consistently berate Owers for playing for a draw at Macclesfield. Had you listened to the game you might have heard that Barnes got injured in the lead up to our equalizer and was reduced to being a passenger for the rest of the game.

We had used up all our subs so perhaps that is the reason he moved Romain back into a more withdrawn role.
Quite right a point away to Macclesfield was a remarkable result and most unexpected.

Only wins from now on though until we are 5th from bottom and maybe then we can play for a point rather than lose. Can't see it happening myself, but who knows, TUFC have sprung many surprises in the past.

Good time to play Maidenhead though. Low on confidence and knackered!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

stefano wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 13:57 Low on confidence and knackered!
That’s quite enough about me though, let’s focus on the game :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Some of you post as if you have never been to a game. Teams seldom roll over at home and away wins are infrequent unless teams are in a promotion slot and really high on the ensuing confidence. Pushing forward away from home is a risky business. The team are playing better and the squad is clearly stronger but let's be realistic- we will need to be on top form to get an away win here. Let's hope we are.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dazza wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 18:35 Some of you post as if you have never been to a game. Teams seldom roll over at home and away wins are infrequent unless teams are in a promotion slot and really high on the ensuing confidence. Pushing forward away from home is a risky business. The team are playing better and the squad is clearly stronger but let's be realistic- we will need to be on top form to get an away win here. Let's hope we are.
Equally Some also post their expert advice/ post match evaluation when they haven't been to the match or watched Torquay in ages. :}
Lucy
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Dazza wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 18:35 Some of you post as if you have never been to a game......
Makes it more fun that way! Damned depressing if you base it on actual experience! ........
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Could be a good time to play them after their midweek exploits. Even their Manager would settle for a draw it seems ...

https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk ... -exit.html

Brings it home what part time really means when you read that some of their players didn’t get back from Stockport until 3am but were back up for work at 6am!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Us fans have been doing that for years ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

We must take advantage of the Maidenhead situation and go all out for the 3 points, with Barrow v Hartlepool
off , if we can win and Solihull get a point only at Ebbsfleet, we will be 4 points off safety, ok others will have
games in hand but teams at the bottom dont usually win games in hand and they will feel the pressure