Disgrace

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Somerset
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don't know

Disgrace

Post by Somerset »

I think it is a disgrace that Torquay have had 2 home games in a row postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, if both the Bury and Northampton games on 8 and 11 Feb respectively are postponed due to the same reason, I will post off a letter to the club asking for the remaining home games to be played at Home Park, Plymouth where the drainage is better and should ease fixture congestion.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Somerset wrote:I think it is a disgrace that Torquay have had 2 home games in a row postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, if both the Bury and Northampton games on 8 and 11 Feb respectively are postponed due to the same reason, I will post off a letter to the club asking for the remaining home games to be played at Home Park, Plymouth where the drainage is better and should ease fixture congestion.
I also think it's a disgrace that it's rained so heavily for so long. can you please advise who I should complain to about the rain, it's just so damn inconsiderate
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Admins please delete thread, obvious bored Plymouth fan, wish we could all pay 0.007p for a Premiership standard pitch.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Somerset
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Somerset »

Why delete thread? It's a good thread and I'm not a plymouth fan and yes I think home games should be moved to HP if games at Plainmoor keep getting postponed
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Imagine if Argyle lost a few more games and found themselves near the wrong end of the table, would any Argyle fans turning up to watch the Torquay games at Home Park support the Gulls, or their opponents..??

Bad idea..
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Somerset wrote:I think it is a disgrace that Torquay have had 2 home games in a row postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, if both the Bury and Northampton games on 8 and 11 Feb respectively are postponed due to the same reason, I will post off a letter to the club asking for the remaining home games to be played at Home Park, Plymouth where the drainage is better and should ease fixture congestion.
Yes, what a disgrace it is that we have had some of the heaviest rain "showers" in years dumped over the south west corner of the UK.

Not sure if you've seen the pictures of the intense flooding recently, where rivers have burst their banks and totally flooded the whole area around, but it's been fairly bleak.

A couple of weeks ago somebody on here posted the amount of rainfall dumped on Plainmoor in the recent weeks - the fact that we have lost two games to the conditions is no shock - the fact the pictures of the ground have shown it looking almost playable is testament to the work done both in the summer and in the recent weeks.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, he is a Plymouth fan, and clearly not from Somerset, a county hit worse than most from recent flooding, he certainly wouldn't on here bitching about a few lost games.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Somerset
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Somerset »

Gullscorer wrote:Imagine if Argyle lost a few more games and found themselves near the wrong end of the table, would any Argyle fans turning up to watch the Torquay games at Home Park support the Gulls, or their opponents..??

Bad idea..
I can't think of anywhere else as Exeter's drainage is bad and Bristol City or Yeovil is just too far, Plymouth haven't had a game off due to a WP for 4 years.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

First class kn*b head

Standard mods won't remove the thread

Pointless debate

It's rained a lot

The figures of rain fall were given on another thread

Are you really that stupid?

Oh wait

Plymouth fan

Or even more stupid is the fact your name has 'Somerset' in it - half of the place is under water!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm happy to wait until the Plainmoor pitch has dried out and it's not so cold, and save the expense of travelling to Cornwall..
Somerset
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Somerset »

forevertufc wrote:Yes, he is a Plymouth fan, and clearly not from Somerset, a county hit worse than most from recent flooding, he certainly wouldn't on here bitching about a few lost games.
I'm a Yeovil fan and I don't like to see teams have 2 home games in a row postponed due to bad weather as it causes fixture congestion in the leagues which I hate to see.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Here is an idea,

No one cares for your opinion, take a look out te window it's raining, don't see our postponements impacting on Yeovil!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Somerset
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Somerset »

No they are not but it's causing fixture congestion in league two, the season could end up getting extended at this rate.
Somerset
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Somerset »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:First class kn*b head

Standard mods won't remove the thread

Pointless debate

It's rained a lot

The figures of rain fall were given on another thread

Are you really that stupid?

Oh wait

Plymouth fan

Or even more stupid is the fact your name has 'Somerset' in it - half of the place is under water!
I know it's under water, on the levels, where I live, near Yeovil, it isn't too bad