Contract renewals and extensions

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Labadie?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Labadie?

Matt.

Only if he promises to wear a gum shield for every game.....leaves no bite marks !!!! :)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Matt.
Was there ever an outcome to the investigation? Or are still paying him for nothing?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

There has been an outcome to the investigation on Labadie. I read the Herald online, but picked up an actual copy last Saturday, & a very small paragraph read that the investigation had been included but the club would not make a statement for another week as the player had some appeal time left. Make of that what you will, might be something on the OS in time for the new season (not that I'm implying that the OS is slow or anything ...)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

bobby93 wrote:When we went down last time, we only retained about three players. I was saying to someone the other day that if that was to happen again I'd keep Rice, Pearce and Yeoman.

I rate Chappell but Hargreaves obviously does not. I think he needs a run of games, but someone will come in for him no doubt. I also think Bodin will be sold (and Pearce, probably).

As for the older players, I am grateful for the massive contributions that Manse, Nico and Downes have made to our club over the years but I think all of them would admit they've struggled this year. No doubt if we go down they would be cheap options though, and probably would stay.

we cannot sell Bodin as he is out of contract the best we could hope for is some compensation
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Richinns wrote: Was there ever an outcome to the investigation? Or are still paying him for nothing?
Labadie will not be back he was never going stay with us even if we stayed up.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

supergulls wrote:
we cannot sell Bodin as he is out of contract the best we could hope for is some compensation
Any idea if Bodin wants off super?
TUST member 328
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think it is a question of IF we want him to stay rather than the other way around. We call the shots now and BB hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant another contract IMO.

What do others think? Would you give Billy another deal if he wanted to stay and if so why? Just asking so I can get an idea really.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

I don't think it will surprise you that I would want the club to release Bodin or Chapell as neither under Hargreaves have been part of winning sides frequently enough (see my post above). We have to expect Hargreaves to want enough space in the playing budget to bring in more of 'his' players, and we have many flank players at present. I would expect him to want to keep Cameron of the other flank players.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Matt.
If there was a chance Labadie would stay, then I think he would be a fantastic player for the Conference. Just can't see him staying.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Obviously all depends on which League we are in next season. If, as expected, it's the Conference, and if CH performs a miracle and puts together a promotion-challenging side, then the likes of Bodin may be useful to have around, since there are players who perform better when they're in a side that's playing well, and play poorly in a poor side, and Bodin may be one such player, the kind of player who needs a good team around him to enable him to display his talents effectively. Ideally of course we should have players who perform well in poor sides, who get stuck in and produce the goods, and raise the quality of the team as a whole. In a team that's been under-achieving that's the kind of player we really need, but I suspect such players may be beyond our reach financially.

The task then is for the manager, with the right formation and tactics, to motivate the squad and instil team spirit, desire, morale, and the confidence play well and achieve success. Over to you, CH...
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

supergulls wrote:
Bit of a faux pas. Did not compute that his contract was up this summer. In that case I think he will move on regardless.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Does it not go to a tribunal if we offer him a contract, even if he rejects it?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Does it not go to a tribunal if we offer him a contract, even if he rejects it?
Correct but the gamble might be that we cannot afford the contract we would have to offer him and if no one comes in for him we would be stuck to it.
TUST member 328
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Richinns wrote: Correct but the gamble might be that we cannot afford the contract we would have to offer him and if no one comes in for him we would be stuck to it.
he's over paid at it is!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!