Update for the fans on TUFC site

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

For what it's worth, I think they've moved too soon, but hey, they've got billions of quid so it's up to them.

Personally, I think it's you with the issue. You simply can't bear to pass on any praise whatsoever to a guy who, in spite of the odds stacked against him, has still got us in with a shout of staying up....slim, but still.....

I can't force you to praise Hargreaves, but if you're going to slag him off, at least be a man and offer praise when it's due.

If it's the players that deserve the praise, then they alone should also get the grief when they lose if we are going off your argument.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

For what it's worth, I think they've moved too soon, but hey, they've got billions of quid so it's up to them.

Personally, I think it's you with the issue. You simply can't bear to pass on any praise whatsoever to a guy who, in spite of the odds stacked against him, has still got us in with a shout of staying up....slim, but still.....

I can't force you to praise Hargreaves, but if you're going to slag him off, at least be a man and offer praise when it's due.

If it's the players that deserve the praise, then they alone should also get the grief when they lose if we are going off your argument.

That's where you are wrong again, I congratulate Ch for finally being able to motivate his team albeit it took the prospect of being.relegated at our most bitter rivals for him to manage to do that. I wonder if you critisized your beloved hargreaves for comments.made about his.predecessor publicly in the press.as.much as.you seem.to be.criticizing my opinion, I doubt it cos.it suits you! Or are.you gonna revert.to hindsight again?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Given that I thought Knill was worse than useless as a manager for us, and never wanted him as manager anyway, I've no reason to slag off his comments. They were spot on.

STIP
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Given that I thought Knill was worse than useless as a manager for us, and never wanted him as manager anyway, I've no reason to slag off his comments. They were spot on.

We finally agree on something then, EurekA! However just because the.comments may have been correct doesn't mean they should have been made in that arena and.certainly not if there.was a possibility of.them.coming back to bite you, which brings me back to the word.that annoyed.you so much, unprofessional, oops!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

yellowwot1 wrote:
That's where you are wrong again, I congratulate Ch for finally being able to motivate his team albeit it took the prospect of being.relegated at our most bitter rivals for him to manage to do that. I wonder if you critisized your beloved hargreaves for comments.made about his.predecessor publicly in the press.as.much as.you seem.to be.criticizing my opinion, I doubt it cos.it suits you! Or are.you gonna revert.to hindsight again?

oh.dear.you.seem.to.like.the.full.stop.button <!>
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

And I guess also that means if you didn't agree with his comments then you would have reason to slag him/them off and have the right to your opinion, touche! Glad he managed to guess.it right v Exeter for his sake alone, happy for the fans too.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:
oh.dear.you.seem.to.like.the.full.stop.button <!>
Yes Sri about the full stops small phone touchscreen fat digits .....nobody is.perfect , you of all people should be understanding and patient regarding something so trivial!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

yellowwot1 wrote:
We finally agree on something then, EurekA! However just because the.comments may have been correct doesn't mean they should have been made in that arena and.certainly not if there.was a possibility of.them.coming back to bite you, which brings me back to the word.that annoyed.you so much, unprofessional, oops!
He was entitled to say what he wanted - he wasn't in the employ of Torquay then, so therefore had no implications on the club.

However, it WOULD be unprofessional for Hargreaves to come out and say that the referee is a cheating ****, that Saah is a cheating **** and that, basically, the referee was paid by the opposition, which is pretty much what he was wanting to say after the match.

Of course, he could have come out and said "We're still battling, we're still in this, we're fighting, we're hurting etc etc etc etc", but that would have been met with equal derision.

STIP
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: He was entitled to say what he wanted - he wasn't in the employ of Torquay then, so therefore had no implications on the club.

However, it WOULD be unprofessional for Hargreaves to come out and say that the referee is a cheating ****, that Saah is a cheating **** and that, basically, the referee was paid by the opposition, which is pretty much what he was wanting to say after the match.

Of course, he could have come out and said "We're still battling, we're still in this, we're fighting, we're hurting etc etc etc etc", but that would have been met with equal derision.
Sorry but it did have implications and still has, and yes you are right it would have been most unprofessional, just as unprofessional as saying nothing at all and not for the first time.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That's just the thing, though. Refusing to say anything at all WAS the most professional thing to do. The phrase "If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" still applies even long after your mum has stopped repeating it to you.

According to you, Chris couldn't have offered empty platitudes, because that is unprofessional. He couldn't say nothing, because that is unprofessional. He couldn't be honest and call the ref a ****, because that's unprofessional. What can he say that isn't unprofessional?

Matt.

Should point out that I'm only bothering with you because it amuses me to poke retards with a stick. You'll be gone before long, you're not our first troll and you won't be our last.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:That's just the thing, though. Refusing to say anything at all WAS the most professional thing to do. The phrase "If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" still applies even long after your mum has stopped repeating it to you.

According to you, Chris couldn't have offered empty platitudes, because that is unprofessional. He couldn't say nothing, because that is unprofessional. He couldn't be honest and call the ref a ****, because that's unprofessional. What can he say that isn't unprofessional?

Matt.

Should point out that I'm only bothering with you because it amuses me to poke retards with a stick. You'll be gone before long, you're not our first troll and you won't be our last.
:goodpost: ha - made I laugh. Your put downs are becoming even more cutting !
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

:goodpost:
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Matt you are a complete prick as I am sure many on here already realise. I honestly can't be bothered with you, your attitude stinks just as much as your ridiculous naive and childish opinions, Christ what an idiot,.about time someone told you
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

And that's another one caught in the net.

;-)

STIP
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

HOUSE!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"