A few managerial stats to ponder

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

No true, but it shows that there win rate would suggest relegation form based on the last few years.............generally less than 12 wins a season results in almost certain relegation........
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:These numbers, while interesting, tell us absolutely nothing of any meaningful value as to the relative merits of either man as a manager.

Matt.
...yes, but then according to you, the results of matches don't tell us much about the teams either...

Of course the figures tell us about the managers. However, less so for Hargreaves as it is not his team. It tells us plenty about Knill.
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

Here are some stats/opinions based on what I have seen:

We have 1 good central midfielder (Lathrope) and 1 good striker (Yeoman). Alan Knill sent them both on loan. Good one Alan.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ChineseGull wrote:Here are some stats/opinions based on what I have seen:

We have 1 good central midfielder (Lathrope) and 1 good striker (Yeoman). Alan Knill sent them both on loan. Good one Alan.
We also have a good central defender (Pearce) who Knill dropped for ages and it was little Geoff who restored Pearce to the team.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I think reading thee stats and replies I think it's pretty fair to say both Knill and CH have done pretty badly. Hector you can cheery pick what ever stats and goings on to suit your own argument, when you say we have one good centre back in Pearce who knill dropped for ages, yes, I totally agree with you there.

But also I could say, we had one very good attacking midfielder in Chapell, who is still our top goal scorer despite not getting a look in since Janaury, who has been dropped, dumped by Chris Hargreaves and been the make weight for CH's star signing Danny Stevens, the major difference I see is under Knill we scored more, under CH we concede less, but the one truly amazing thing is, we've barely scored goal until recently under CH and he doesn't pick the top goal scorer, who now looks disinterested and frankly who can blame him.
Formerly known as forevertufc