Mansfield - The Final Frontier

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Mansfield away - are you in or out!

Poll ended at 27 Apr 2014, 16:27

It's Mansfield...............what do YOU think!
3%
No, other commitments such as work, having surgery, laser eye treatment or wedding?
33%
No, can't be arsed.
20%
No, totally skint.
No votes
No, I'm under the weather (a surprisingly common occurrence - especially with me)
7%
No because I'm vehemently against the Mansfield Town FC away ticketing policy.
3%
No, I just cannot wait to see the back of the M5 until after the World Cup
10%
Yes, I was always going
13%
Yes, I wasn't going to go but now we have a chance and I'm starting to believe so why not?!
7%
Yes but I don't know why.........I must be **** insane.
3%

Total votes: 30

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Mansfield - The Final Frontier

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Who is going to Mansfield then for what is in all likelihood our last league away fixture for the foreseeable future? It could have been worse I guess, after all Mansfield is pretty central and a few short miles off the M1 plus it is reasonably pleasant unlike Accrington, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe which are all.....well, unpleasant.

There is a small group going to this one in fancy dress and now we still have a miniscule chance of survival then I reckon the away following will be swelled a little further by those who have changed their minds about going.

So here it is then..................who the blazes is going to Mansfield?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I may be under the weather for this one too as my little one has had tonsillitis all week and I've been looking after her. I'm starting to feel a bit naff. Bloody kids!! Bix was right!!

Anyway, i'll still be going, I have to because I owe Ben the ticket money and a pie and he'll get me otherwise so i'll be there but if it gets any worse I may have to take a back seat with the singing and involvement and just sit with a cup of Bovril and a face like a smacked arse (so what's new?).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I'm going because that reprobate, Andy, owes me money! I was always going to this one, with the hope of survival destroyed inside me weeks ago I travel with no hope or expectation. Win, lose or draw, regardless of relegation or that one final reprieve, I am just going to enjoy the day, after all it could be the last away day in the football league for a very long time. COYY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Haha!

Loving the person who opted for 'can't be arsed'! It's probably Brucie but I love the no messing brutal honesty! :bow:
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

I would like to vote "No, there's a lot of water between me and Mansfield and I can't swim."
berkshire yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Post by berkshire yellow »

I'm going, £48 on the train and buying my tickets tomorrow, complete waste of money for a no hope game but I wouldn't want it any other way! COYY
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

njgull wrote:I would like to vote "No, there's a lot of water between me and Mansfield and I can't swim."
:lol:

Drat!! Forgot about that one NJG but I've covered most other bases apart from - No, I don't like football and who are Mansfield Town anyway? :-/

:)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I was always going if we had a chance of staying up, but after the Dagenham game didn't expect to be in with even a slight hope, so yes I'm a change of mind after Exeter. Mind you I was going to Bristol & Exeter if we had a chance, but didn't as I thought we had none. I hadn't counted on the other teams at the bottom being just as bad as we are.
It will be same for Wycombe game. I'll come down if we still have a chance. Not sure what I'll do if Wycombe & Rovers draw, Northmapton lose & we win, so our only chance is to beat Wycombe by six.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'll try and get to the Wycombe game too if we're still in it. Should that happen then do you reckon Plainmoor would be near to selling out?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I'll try and get to the Wycombe game too if we're still in it. Should that happen then do you reckon Plainmoor would be near to selling out?
:lol: :rofl:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'll be there. No expectation but last away game of the season and most likely as a FL Club means may as well make the most of it.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

bengull wrote:I'm going because that reprobate, Andy, owes me money! I was always going to this one, with the hope of survival destroyed inside me weeks ago I travel with no hope or expectation. Win, lose or draw, regardless of relegation or that one final reprieve, I am just going to enjoy the day, after all it could be the last away day in the football league for a very long time. COYY!
Yes, and he also owes you the sight of him eating faggots chips and peas. Untill he is as sick as the proverbial parrot. which is dead by the way!

If he refuses to. You have my full permission to force feed him in any excruciating way you can think of. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Mansfield. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Chip Torquay United. It's 5 year mission to survive in The Skrill premier league. to go to strange new towns and village pub teams.To seek out new fans and civilisations. To go where no club has gone before.

Oh Well I tried. I thought someone would have come up with this before. I'll get me coat. :slap:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Glostergull wrote:Mansfield. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Chip Torquay United. It's 5 year mission to survive in The Skrill premier league. to go to strange new towns and village pub teams.To seek out new fans and civilisations. To go where no club has gone before.

Oh Well I tried. I thought someone would have come up with this before. I'll get me coat. :slap:

Klingon to any hopes until Mansfield. :)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: