Levi Ives

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

They didn't play much proper football on Saturday.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote: Matt I respect some of your views but Levi is bright and I THINK HE WILL BE ONE OF THE VERY FEW YOUNGSTERS to make the first team in the future. The other youngster also showed me that he has a lot going for him, I have worked with quite a few and think that Chris has seen this in both of them. :keepie:
THIS PLAYER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIGNED OVER A MONTH AGO :keepie: Matt thought he was faster than him.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:They didn't play much proper football on Saturday.
Obvious lie is obvious.

Arc, stay off the sauce, you'll do yourself a misdemeanour.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Sound positive, even if the headline had me worried for a moment!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28981072
"It wasn't challenging me in the youth team," he said. "I didn't find any toughness in it.
"For the first team, the pace is obviously higher and I find it difficult. Everything you do has to be bang on."

I really am quite excited by this lad, just hope he hangs around for a while. Like points on the board over games in hand I think a quality player on the pitch is worth more than money in the bank, certainly to the fans.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

And who knew we had Kevin Nancekevill? That one slipped under my radar...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

He's rejected a contract according to BBC
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

gateman49 wrote:He's rejected a contract according to BBC
Joy
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Hargreaves trying to put some hopeful spin on it ("I spoke to his dad and he says he doesn't want his son to rush," manager Chris Hargreaves told BBC Sport. "We're just trying to reward him for his hard work. There is no pressure from us.") but let's be honest, he's got one foot out the door.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29746849
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Disappointing. If he has eyes elsewhere when we may as well move on. Cruise is on a short-term contract, and Ives won't be here beyond the summer, so we need to plan ahead. A great shame as he obviously has talent and could be playing first team football having only just turned 17, which would be more beneficially than youth team football for a bigger club. Sadly money talks, and you can't blame him for that.

Personally I am still in favour of the 'give him to Peterborough with a sell-on clause' plan.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

His heads been turned. Probebly should have offered him a pro contract last season but too late now.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote:
Look at my post at the top of this page and previous posts but even Matt scoffed at it after his first game joking that he was faster than Ives :keepie:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I wasn't joking and I'm still not, he's not quicker than me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

ferrarilover wrote:I wasn't joking and I'm still not, he's not quicker than me.

Matt.
Yes I forgot your never wrong! nice one Matt. :keepie:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I suspect that his head was turned a long time ago, I dont know if it is possible but would would we receive anything for him is if was told that it wasn't fair to be blackmailing us. For that is essentially what it comes down to. if he wants to go to a bigger team on higher money then he's in the way of players who are next in line. he should make way for them. as for his Dad. So. he's told to keep his options open. Absolutely no loyalty to the team and trainer/coach who has helped make him. I would tell him Sign for us and we still wont get in your way but if not. Please understand we feel aggrieved and as a result we will not be selecting you for 1st team again.
it's time these kids are stopped from holding clubs to ransom as if they are messi. They are only just starting out. They should at least have some respect for the clubs hard work and effort. Only thinking for themselves will make it harder for others to come through and may even ultimately deny them opportunities if the academy breaks up.
Any player worth his salt if found by our academy wont end up playing for us as they will move off before we get any benefit.
Someone did mention in a post that we haven't produced any players for our first team in seven years. not surprising really if the decent ones who would have ended up at other clubs. Some complain we need a goalie. When we let one go to Norwich or was it Southampton. he was meant to be terrific and by now would have been knocking on the door. Our academy is for players for our team ultimately. ok later on they may move. But if we dont get any benefit whats the point of the academy. money doesn't compensate for the loss of the player any more.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843