Levi Ives

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:If he goes under a kiddies contract, we get whatever the FA tell us we can have for him (well, whatever) which will be about £4.50. If he's under a grown up deal, he's subject to the usual rules relating to transfers and we can hold out for a couple of hundred grand (provided we don't send Chuckles into the negotiating room).

Matt.
And for that very reason we will not get much more than peanuts. You havent ofered any evidence of anyone in his position where we got anything like a decent wedge, My Case Proved Mlud.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Hargreaves needs to start playing him if he signs a contract.
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: JonathanSmith/Ives

Post by Belfast Gulls »

Was this status posted to support Levi or slate him ?
I've been watching the lad for a long time now & I know what a class act he is .
Genuine question , is there any other youth international's at the academy ?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Belfast Gulls wrote:I've been watching the lad for a long time now & I know what a class act he is .
Absolutely right. He should be in the first team. If he's good enough he's old enough. We all know that before too long he'll be playing at a much higher level. It's madness for the Gulls not to make good use of his talents while he's here.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Belfast Gulls wrote:Was this status posted to support Levi or slate him ?
I've been watching the lad for a long time now & I know what a class act he is .
We also have a Cyprus U19 player - Harry Mazourous. I think many on here would stick Levi in the starting eleven now.

Both of our full backs have failed to deliver this season, with Tonge, the right back, not looking like he is anywhere near capable of doing so. He will now be frozen out by the Manager, I feel sure. I can see a Hawley style pay off scenario happening.

Cruise, the left back, should at least be feeling Levi is hot on his heels. A fair few are unhappy that Levi has not signed professional terms with us despite being offered a deal by us, but I can quite see why an agent and the player might decide it wasn't in his interests. It's a shame, but it may have soured things, even though it oughtn't. And I'd like to see him given some game time again after just the one start this season. The Club needs to find a few more friendly fixtures for the second string as this aspect has been woefully lacking thusfar this season. Levi, at least, is able to keep match fit with youth games. But it's obviously not the same. As he himself, ill-advisedly, was also quoted as saying.
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Belfast Gulls »

Seen that quote myself , think it was taken out of context slightly , I think there's a few lads over from Northern Ireland with a bit of potential , my lad's just signed from Ipswich on work experience so I'm keen to see how develop's at the academy :)
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Belfast Gulls wrote:Seen that quote myself , think it was taken out of context slightly , I think there's a few lads over from Northern Ireland with a bit of potential , my lad's just signed from Ipswich on work experience so I'm keen to see how develop's at the academy :)
Best of luck and hope he enjoys his experience.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Glostergull wrote: And for that very reason we will not get much more than peanuts. You havent ofered any evidence of anyone in his position where we got anything like a decent wedge, My Case Proved Mlud.
The thing is that whatever we get for him is what we demand for him. If that's 40p, then it's 40p, but at least it's 40p on our terms. If he's still on a child's deal, then we get for him what we're "awarded" for him, which, because of the way it works, really would be about 40p.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Belfast Gulls »

Rjc70 wrote: Best of luck and hope he enjoys his experience.
thanks mate hope you hear about him in future :)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As I've said back down the thread, any fee for Ives will be governed by EPPP rules, compensation takes into account how long the player has been with us, and the fact we're now a non-league club also has an effect, I believe Ives has not been with our club for very long, came to us as an U16 player, and because we're non-league that in itself reduces any compensation down by a further £5,000, so we'll be lucky to get £20,000 for the lad, if he goes.

Gulliball came up with the best suggestion, pack Ives of to Peterborough two years down the line Barry Fry will screw £2 million out of some club, and then we'll get a nice pay day, simples.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Belfast Gulls »

Don't quote me on this , but as I understand it the lad paid for his trails from his own pocket to get there in the first place , would anyone really begrudge him the opportunity to move up the ladder ?
Think Torquay will do quite well out of any potential move :)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

is there any evidence to say that Ives or rather his parents have paid for his training and accommodation out of his own pocket.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Glostergull wrote:is there any evidence to say that Ives or rather his parents have paid for his training and accommodation out of his own pocket.
I don't think that was quite what was said.
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Belfast Gulls »

Not only Levi but also Josh Lynch & Cormac Deery & but like I said don't quote me on it as we all no jealous people like to talk sh*te
And never did I hear accommodation mentioned :)
But sure its a small price to pay to get your lad on the ladder
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Belfast Gulls wrote:Don't quote me on this , but as I understand it the lad paid for his trails from his own pocket to get there in the first place , would anyone really begrudge him the opportunity to move up the ladder ?
Think Torquay will do quite well out of any potential move :)
I wish the lad well but it would be better if he signed for the club get a contract that is good one for
him and the club plus embers him for any loss he's had out of his own pocket. In his early years he would get better chances here than anywhere.

The lad is a very good player but signing is a two way thing :keepie: