Looking Ahead to Forthcoming Fixtures ......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

From the TUFC official website :

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 73236.aspx

Best of luck with that then. :rofl:

What most TUFC supporters will be looking forward to against none eaten is the potentially ravenous partnership up front of forwards Duane O' and Ryno headbutt. You see it, I see it, even lesbo dyke feminist fans of Gullstalker can see it. Will Hargreaves?

For doubters of Duane O' :

(8) "He came to us shite, but now he's alright, walking in a Duane O' wonderland . . ." (8)

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oi, Troj, why aren't you at BMAD?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Trojan 67 wrote:From the TUFC official website :

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 73236.aspx

Best of luck with that then. :rofl:

What most TUFC supporters will be looking forward to against none eaten is the potentially ravenous partnership up front of forwards Duane O' and Ryno headbutt. You see it, I see it, even lesbo dyke feminist fans of Gullstalker can see it. Will Hargreaves?

For doubters of Duane O' :

(8) "He came to us shite, but now he's alright, walking in a Duane O' wonderland . . ." (8)

:engflag:
So Goodison park is ahead of the council house and the bridge :}
Lucy
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

AM MAD :clown:

Sun out had a choice : ciders or a ride out.

Had a fair few ride outs recently and I did fight the scrump but the scrump won. (D)

Only 3 BMAD nights after tonight. As I'm a fairweather grunt these days, I hope weather is ok for the last one which I usually attend.

OLD GUYS RULE : "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window."

:)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Way back in August, after the Welling game, I forecast we would have at least 24 pts by the end of September. I wish I'd spoken to Brucie about what odds I could get for that cos we've ended up with exactly 24 pts. The two games after Welling were Southport and Dartford, games I thought we'd get at least 4 pts from, plus Bowman picked up his red card so it didn't look too promising. Then after reaching 24 pts from the Dover game, it was a disappointment that we didn't kick on by picking up at least another three from the last two games, but that's football as they say. Or to be more exact, that's Torquay Utd !!

I posted that the less demanding games at the beginning of the season would give our young players chance to get match experience, get that winning habit and move towards the top of the table which might tempt a few extra to come to Plainmoor. Well, even in Torbay where Apathy Reigns Okay? gates have risen (2300 at the Dover match). Now comes the point of this posting ..... I also posted that the downside was that we as fans would become over confident and expect too much from this young side which most of us recognise is work in progress. I have to admit that even I was getting carried away. The Telford and Forest Green games have brought us back down to earth. We have nine league matches scheduled during October and November and all of them, apart from Alfreton, are against sides in the top half of the league so we will have a truer picture of where we're at after the Eastleigh match on Nov 29th. However, as Rivieratony posted on this thread, we always seem to play better against the better teams and struggle against the poorer sides. I fully agree with that so I'm looking forward to an interesting couple of months, starting with Wrexham on Saturday.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

tomogull wrote:Way back in August, after the Welling game, I forecast we would have at least 24 pts by the end of September. I wish I'd spoken to Brucie about what odds I could get for that cos we've ended up with exactly 24 pts. The two games after Welling were Southport and Dartford, games I thought we'd get at least 4 pts from, plus Bowman picked up his red card so it didn't look too promising. Then after reaching 24 pts from the Dover game, it was a disappointment that we didn't kick on by picking up at least another three from the last two games, but that's football as they say. Or to be more exact, that's Torquay Utd !!

I posted that the less demanding games at the beginning of the season would give our young players chance to get match experience, get that winning habit and move towards the top of the table which might tempt a few extra to come to Plainmoor. Well, even in Torbay where Apathy Reigns Okay? gates have risen (2300 at the Dover match). Now comes the point of this posting ..... I also posted that the downside was that we as fans would become over confident and expect too much from this young side which most of us recognise is work in progress. I have to admit that even I was getting carried away. The Telford and Forest Green games have brought us back down to earth. We have nine league matches scheduled during October and November and all of them, apart from Alfreton, are against sides in the top half of the league so we will have a truer picture of where we're at after the Eastleigh match on Nov 29th. However, as Rivieratony posted on this thread, we always seem to play better against the better teams and struggle against the poorer sides. I fully agree with that so I'm looking forward to an interesting couple of months, starting with Wrexham on Saturday.

How many points we will have at the end of November Tomo? I will be off down the bookies when you reply.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

kevgull wrote: How many points we will have at the end of November Tomo? I will be off down the bookies when you reply.
Welllllll Kev ........ it all depends on how many suspensions we get over the next couple of months. I've consulted my crystal balls and I confidently predict that we will have less than 50 pts by the end of November. Actually, I'll go for a total of 38 pts - i,e 14 pts during the two months - four wins, two draws, three defeats.
DISCLAIMER - Tomogull bears no responsibility whatsoever for any money lost to William Hill, BetFred or any other grasping bookmaker. :)
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

tomogull wrote: Welllllll Kev ........ it all depends on how many suspensions we get over the next couple of months. I've consulted my crystal balls and I confidently predict that we will have less than 50 pts by the end of November. Actually, I'll go for a total of 38 pts - i,e 14 pts during the two months - four wins, two draws, three defeats.
DISCLAIMER - Tomogull bears no responsibility whatsoever for any money lost to William Hill, BetFred or any other grasping bookmaker. :)
Like what you did with the suspension bit! Off down the bookies first thing tomorrow (£)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'm full of cold but can someone tell me when we catch up the game in hand? I noticed Halifax (as an example) play Tuesday night when we don't and then we play them in December when some teams (for Example) Bristol Rovers don't play that Tuesday night. But for the life of me I cant see a time other than Tuesday we play when Halifax down and I've checked before I post this as of today we have played the same amount of games..I'm sure someone will point out something obvious I'm missing..
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AlexGulls wrote:I'm full of cold but can someone tell me when we catch up the game in hand? I noticed Halifax (as an example) play Tuesday night when we don't and then we play them in December when some teams (for Example) Bristol Rovers don't play that Tuesday night. But for the life of me I cant see a time other than Tuesday we play when Halifax down and I've checked before I post this as of today we have played the same amount of games..I'm sure someone will point out something obvious I'm missing..
We play the 25 November and they don't

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Well, after this evening's games, without even kicking a ball we're in fifth place, still in a play-off spot, five points behind the leaders Barnet, and with the aforementioned game in hand.

It won't all be plain sailing - it never is - but if we maintain our good form and hold our competitive position, it should be an exciting few months ahead. We're as good as, if not better than, any other team in the division. All we have to do is to prove it, in every game we play..

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: Welllllll Kev ........ it all depends on how many suspensions we get over the next couple of months. I've consulted my crystal balls and I confidently predict that we will have less than 50 pts by the end of November. Actually, I'll go for a total of 38 pts - i,e 14 pts during the two months - four wins, two draws, three defeats.
Glad I added my disclaimer, Kevgull. My predicted 14 pts turned out to be 11 pts. I hadn't expected a defeat at next to bottom club, Alfreton, and I thought we would get at least a draw at home to Grimsby. But then again, I hadn't expected a win against top of the table Barnet. What a stoopid game football is !

Looking ahead to December and January, not such a difficult couple of months as the last two months - on paper at least. 11 matches - 5 home, 6 away - barring winter postponements. I am going to stick my neck out and predict 16 points from these 11 games, 4 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats. Braintree and Altrincham, both away, are tricky games to predict. Lowly clubs but both have pulled off a few surprise results. Dover's fortunes have changed for the better since we beat them at Plainmoor so tonight's match is another one that is hard to predict. I'm going for a draw .......

Reasons to be cautiously optimistic. After tonight's match we shall be exactly half way through the season. Of the teams in the top half of the league, we have played Grimsby, Gateshead and Forest Green twice. We have played Barnet, Macclesfield and Kidderminster away. We have still to play Woking, Eastleigh and Wrexham away and Halifax and Bristol Rvrs home and away. I feel we have played most of the top contenders away apart from Bristol Rvrs and Woking. It's frustrating when we drop points of course but it's making for an interesting season as other top half clubs are also dropping points.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

tomogull wrote: Glad I added my disclaimer, Kevgull. My predicted 14 pts turned out to be 11 pts. I hadn't expected a defeat at next to bottom club, Alfreton, and I thought we would get at least a draw at home to Grimsby. But then again, I hadn't expected a win against top of the table Barnet. What a stoopid game football is !

Looking ahead to December and January, not such a difficult couple of months as the last two months - on paper at least. 11 matches - 5 home, 6 away - barring winter postponements. I am going to stick my neck out and predict 16 points from these 11 games, 4 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats. Braintree and Altrincham, both away, are tricky games to predict. Lowly clubs but both have pulled off a few surprise results. Dover's fortunes have changed for the better since we beat them at Plainmoor so tonight's match is another one that is hard to predict. I'm going for a draw .......

Good effort though Tomo!

Reasons to be cautiously optimistic. After tonight's match we shall be exactly half way through the season. Of the teams in the top half of the league, we have played Grimsby, Gateshead and Forest Green twice. We have played Barnet, Macclesfield and Kidderminster away. We have still to play Woking, Eastleigh and Wrexham away and Halifax and Bristol Rvrs home and away. I feel we have played most of the top contenders away apart from Bristol Rvrs and Woking. It's frustrating when we drop points of course but it's making for an interesting season as other top half clubs are also dropping points.