site problems

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

site problems

Post by taxilady »

after the Lincoln game ended, the forum became unavailable. Now it's back,but lots of recent posts are missing. More work for Louis ! =Z
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I just noticed that - I was going to comment on the Lincoln thread to say what an excellent result it was but I will wait until it's back to normal!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Err if its back to normal how come there isn't one post on the game. Still a good win and nice to see us not blow it for a change. Great to see O'Kachie get two goals. I didn't see him in pre season but the comments on him seemed negative. Thought he was poor on my first view against Welling but looks a real menace since then.
Putting him with Bowman could provide us with a useful combination up front.
I understand that he was at Southend as a youngster but am interested to know where he has been since then?
For me he has really been an "out of the blue" signing and is a player that I don't think many would have suspected would have made this sort of impact.
Fair play to Hargreaves for signing him.
Hargreaves said on the radio that he could have six goals this season and thats fair comment - he has been getting in scoring postions (not to mention his involvement in the red card today).
Looks a real prospect to me.
Last edited by brucie on 30 Aug 2014, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I said the site was back Brucie (after the game it was unobtainable); it's certainly not'normal', as all postings from today have vanished.Probably the shock of our players scoring goals !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Not a technical expert or anything but it might have been restored to a backup from last night hence recent posts are missing, not sure why it went down, too many people on it post the Lincoln game?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

OllieGull wrote:Not a technical expert or anything but it might have been restored to a backup from last night hence recent posts are missing, not sure why it went down, too many people on it post the Lincoln game?
..and jumping up and down.. :~D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Err if its back to normal how come there isn't one post on the game. Still a good win and nice to see us not blow it for a change. Great to see O'Kachie get two goals. I didn't see him in pre season but the comments on him seemed negative. Thought he was poor on my first view against Welling but looks a real menace since then.
Putting him with Bowman could provide us with a useful combination up front.
I understand that he was at Southend as a youngster but am interested to know where he has been since then?
For me he has really been an "out of the blue" signing and is a player that I don't think many would have suspected would have made this sort of impact.
Fair play to Hargreaves for signing him.
Hargreaves said on the radio that he could have six goals this season and thats fair comment - he has been getting in scoring postions (not to mention his involvement in the red card today).
Looks a real prospect to me.
You mean that match where, aged barely 17, he made his first professional appearance at short notice to play among a side he's been with less than a month? Yeah, it's a real head scratcher, that.

If he makes the transition from naive but talented youth teamer to hardened professional, he'll be a nice player. Sadly, it's very easy for that gap not to be bridged. Ask Saul Halpin, he'll know (and unfortunately, I think Dan Sullivan might be on his way to finding out too).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote: You mean that match where, aged barely 17, he made his first professional appearance at short notice to play among a side he's been with less than a month? Yeah, it's a real head scratcher, that.

If he makes the transition from naive but talented youth teamer to hardened professional, he'll be a nice player. Sadly, it's very easy for that gap not to be bridged. Ask Saul Halpin, he'll know (and unfortunately, I think Dan Sullivan might be on his way to finding out too).

Matt.
I think you are right about Sullivan and eventually Yeoman too!
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

ferrarilover wrote:
You mean that match where, aged barely 17, he made his first professional appearance at short notice to play among a side he's been with less than a month? Yeah, it's a real head scratcher, that.

Matt.
You mean "barely 17" as in "four years older than 17"? Strange way of looking at players...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not sure why I have been calling him O'Kachie! but anyway I have seen him play in the home matches and he has been the biggest surprise signing for me.
I don't think you can compare him with the likes of Halpin or Sullivan - personally I cannot see anything in the latter to see him making the transition.
O@Archie is different though because he has been causing problems for defenders in every game and could quite easily have bagged half a dozen goals so far as Hargreaves said.
I'm just interested where he has been playing for the last three or four years - wasn't there some talk that he had an offer from a Portuguese second division side - and in fact he went away to think about our offer before signing.
He seems to have gone from seventh choice to first choice striker (as Hargreaves will surely pair him with Bowman now) - I think that looks a good combination.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I am still having problems logging into the site - keep getting a message 'Sorry - this site is not available - contact the webmaster' or something similar. Eventually, after several attempts, I get in. Is anyone else having this problem or is it my computer ? Thanks
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I have had that a few times today also.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

chunkygull wrote:I have had that a few times today also.
Thanks Chunky - you've just stopped me chucking the bliddy computer out the window !! :-D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's yet another issue with the Hosts of the server.

Apologies to all affected and as Ollie correctly worked out the site was restored from a backup, I'm as peed off as everyone else though.

Always seems to happen on a matchday !!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com