The Launa Windows Stadium

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

Panemoor perhaps?
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

I dont care what they call it as long at the club gets the revenue , but it will always be known as Plainmoor to me.

As Dave has kindly quoted , I being one of the old Duffers and have been going to Plainmoor since the early sixties albiet I an now living in Oz and only get back to see a couple of games every two years.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Not too fussed myself.

As most people have already said - we'll always call it Plainmoor, and the extra cash may come in handy should we be embroiled in a promotion push.

Any ideas on the figure? I know it's going to mainly be conjecture but it'd be nice to know an approximate figure.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Best atmosphere of the season and 100% record at the Launa Windows Stadium. Should have done it last season!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

GazTheGull wrote:Panemoor perhaps?
Hah. Was wondering if anybody would have done this yet.

I've been calling it the House of Pane on twitter and FB
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Why stop with only the naming rights of the muddy park in Plainmoor? What about the Launa Windows sponsored Waitrose? The Launa Windows sponsored Union Inn? The Launa Windows sponsored Dominos Takeaway? Corporate prostitutes can call themselves what ever gets them off . . . . but a whore is a whore whatever way it is painted up.

The day the road signs to the district of Plainmoor change is the day I go looking for the backhander fed scum in the Town Hall. Remember when they changed the signs at the bottom of Telegraph Hill to read "TORBAY"? Were the electorate consulted on that name change? It soon changed back and those responsible for it are dead. I'll leave it there so those in current office are advised.

Don't f*ck with the ancient and accepted : Plainmoor is Plainmoor, Ellacombe is Ellacombe, Babbacombe is Babbacombe. Torquay is TORQUAY not limp dick torbay. Ellacombe End, Babbacombe End, Popside (Marnham Road) which is approached by PLAINMOOR ROAD.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Trojan 67 wrote:Why stop with only the naming rights of the muddy park in Plainmoor? What about the Launa Windows sponsored Waitrose? The Launa Windows sponsored Union Inn? The Launa Windows sponsored Dominos Takeaway? Corporate prostitutes can call themselves what ever gets them off . . . . but a whore is a whore whatever way it is painted up.

The day the road signs to the district of Plainmoor change is the day I go looking for the backhander fed scum in the Town Hall. Remember when they changed the signs at the bottom of Telegraph Hill to read "TORBAY"? Were the electorate consulted on that name change? It soon changed back and those responsible for it are dead. I'll leave it there so those in current office are advised.

Don't f*ck with the ancient and accepted : Plainmoor is Plainmoor, Ellacombe is Ellacombe, Babbacombe is Babbacombe. Torquay is TORQUAY not limp dick torbay. Ellacombe End, Babbacombe End, Popside (Marnham Road) which is approached by PLAINMOOR ROAD.

And Trojan will always be Trojan except when we call him Doris.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Trojan 67 wrote:Why stop with only the naming rights of the muddy park in Plainmoor? What about the Launa Windows sponsored Waitrose? The Launa Windows sponsored Union Inn? The Launa Windows sponsored Dominos Takeaway? Corporate prostitutes can call themselves what ever gets them off . . . . but a whore is a whore whatever way it is painted up.

If opening Plainmoor wide for some corporate whoring is what is required to get us promoted and doing well again, I'm all for it.

In fact, I'll help you find somewhere quiet to park and look out for the cops while you're at it in the back seat.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

In an attempt to jazz it up a bit and make it sound more Nu Camp ish been thinking of anagrams of Launa and Plainmoor,

La nua Marinopol perhaps or maybe Nua la April moon?
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

I used to know a Laura Williams, but she was from Tonypandy & liked Rugby. Short slim brunette, huge t#ts.
Should have got Virgin Rail as sponsors.........Trainmore!! :) :) :)
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

happytorq wrote: Hah. Was wondering if anybody would have done this yet.

I've been calling it the House of Pane on twitter and FB
I like the House of Pane
TUST number 080
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Lloyder5 wrote: I like the House of Pane
Call it the "House of Pain"-that would draw the punters in...........S&M fetishists! :whip: