Frank honoured in Bristol

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Frank honoured in Bristol

Post by arcadia »

Frank Prince has been honoured in Bristol for his contribution to football by having his name engraved on the Harry Bamford trophy, which has recently been found and names are added each year. Frank works for the Torquay United football in the community and was GOOD midfielder for Bristol Rovers. Well done Frank! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Harry died in a motor cycle accident in Bristol he was one of the best fullbacks in Bristol Rovers history and the trophy was set up in his honour but went missing until this year. I think he died in 1958 and I am sure I still have several programmes from the memorial game against Bristol City which were priced at 1p. :keepie:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Well done to Frank. I saw him play for Rovers a few times. Hard as nails.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I've known Frank for quite a few years. I used to watch him play too. we could do with a tiger in midfield of his quality. A quiet unassuming man. always ready to give encouragement. this award is long overdue
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote:Frank Prince has been honoured in Bristol for his contribution to football by having his name engraved on the Harry Bamford trophy, which has recently been found and names are added each year. Frank works for the Torquay United football in the community and was GOOD midfielder for Bristol Rovers. Well done Frank! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Harry died in a motor cycle accident in Bristol he was one of the best fullbacks in Bristol Rovers history and the trophy was set up in his honour but went missing until this year. I think he died in 1958 and I am sure I still have several programmes from the memorial game against Bristol City which were priced at 1p. :keepie:
Looks like Frank will be presented with the trophy before the Rovers v Torquay game at Christmas. :keepie: THIS IS NOW OFFICIAL need to contact Frank. :keepie:
Last edited by arcadia on 09 Nov 2014, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ooh brilliant. i wil def make an effort to be there then
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote: Looks like Frank will be presented with the trophy before the Rovers v Torquay game at Christmas. :keepie: THIS IS NOW OFFICIAL need to contact Frank. :keepie:
Frank is one of many local players to be honoured. :keepie: