Torquay United v Dover Athletic – Saturday 20th September

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Going to this one now really looking forward to it and bringing two extras!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I would hope for 2.5 - 3k turn out. They deserve it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

would be good to get 2,500 plus, torbay needs to get up there and see how the team are playing and also the people that have stayed away since last season. lets get behind the team again like we did on tuesday, even the woking players commented on how good the torquay fans were.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Did they!? where? (to be fair we were bloody loud!)
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

DT from the herald spoke to them after the game.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

DJ Gull wrote: Whilst We're learning, Can someone post the lyrics to another song for me?
Its just that I stand on the pop, Humming along to the full song before shouting out the final few words "We're Torquay United, We sing on our own" :whistle:
So hoist up the yellow sail,
See how the main sail sets,
Hear the Torquay boys sing, we'll sing on our own,
We'll sing on our own,
We'll sing on our ooooowwwwwn,
We're Torquay United, we'll sing on our own,
Du du du du du du du du
(repeat)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Richinns wrote:I would hope for 2.5 - 3k turn out. They deserve it!
You'd hope so - we've seen before that it's largely irrelevant what division the team is, crowd-wise. More important is how well the team is doing. Ok, in the conference there will generally be fewer away fans but a Torquay side that's doing well will always draw more. Bit of a shame, really, but there you go. I don't think this is shown by most other sides. Probably speaks to our demographics (people move away when young, people coming in are older and have less affiliation towards the team)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No agenda here, I just wanted to come on and say how delighted I am at how well you are doing this season. Top spot could be hit come 5pm tomorrow and I've been looking out for your results and they've been impressive, especially the win at codheads. I'm so pleased for you all and it looks like the good times are finally coming back again to Plainmoor (sorry - The Launa Stadium hehe!). I wish you well for tomorrow and I hope everyone I had the fortune of meeting is in good health. Up the Gulls!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Ha, we just had a feature on itv west country news and they called it the Lorna Williams stadium. Pretty top notch reporting Itv!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hi Andy, I met you in person and found you to be a top bloke, don't be to surprised if you don't receive a very warm welcome from some however.

P.S change the wording in your post from 'your to 'our' once a gull always a gull.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

On the subject of the match, not going to make this game. Nothing to do with me staying away or not wanting to be there, my lad is now first choice keeper at his club, not bad at 16 (another proud dad moment) he has yet another big game tomorrow and I feel I must be there to support him, this will not be forever, and I will be back on the pop as a regular soon.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm wondering whether their "celebrity" fan will be in attendance. Should Ben(Dover) be in attendance then a spanking is most likely.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:No agenda here, I just wanted to come on and say how delighted I am at how well you are doing this season. Top spot could be hit come 5pm tomorrow and I've been looking out for your results and they've been impressive, especially the win at codheads. I'm so pleased for you all and it looks like the good times are finally coming back again to Plainmoor (sorry - The Launa Stadium hehe!). I wish you well for tomorrow and I hope everyone I had the fortune of meeting is in good health. Up the Gulls!
Just swallow your pride, mate, admit you were daft, possibly stubborn and proud, and enjoy the ride! You earnt the good times by following during the bad!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:No agenda here, I just wanted to come on and say how delighted I am at how well you are doing this season. Top spot could be hit come 5pm tomorrow and I've been looking out for your results and they've been impressive, especially the win at codheads. I'm so pleased for you all and it looks like the good times are finally coming back again to Plainmoor (sorry - The Launa Stadium hehe!). I wish you well for tomorrow and I hope everyone I had the fortune of meeting is in good health. Up the Gulls!
Come on Andy, admit it, supporting derby county is boring and corporate. Come back to the roller coaster ride of Torquay United . You must miss it.
Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Welcome to the forum Andy.

We offer a warm welcome to visiting fans.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com