Discipline

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Discipline

Post by lucy6lucy »

Hargreaves needs to address our awful discipline. There is no point saying the lads are hungry and get stuck in, but teams like Telford and southport and indeed many more to come this season,are playing tactics that are seen on a Sunday morning, with the aim to wind our very young side, to get them frustrated and commit stupid tackles. They are simply playing into their hands and the inept officials are not helping the situation. Today's referee was a complete joke, and was not helping the situation.
But that is the standard we have to accept in this league.
These red cards are going to cost us promotion
Lucy
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

lucy6lucy wrote:Hargreaves needs to address our awful discipline. There is no point saying the lads are hungry and get stuck in, but teams like Telford and southport and indeed many more to come this season,are playing tactics that are seen on a Sunday morning, with the aim to wind our very young side, to get them frustrated and commit stupid tackles. They are simply playing into their hands and the inept officials are not helping the situation. Today's referee was a complete joke, and was not helping the situation.
But that is the standard we have to accept in this league.
These red cards are going to cost us promotion
To be honest downsey is hardly one of our younger players and should have known better that tackle was awful, and I do believe he will now find himself out of the team for a lot longer than 3 weeks.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

yes discipline is dreadful, we were the worst in the league before this match. CH needs to sort it out this week!
TUST MEMBER
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

I was merely referring to the entire squad in terms of being young. Your quite right though downsey should have known better, just when it seemed he was part of CH. Plans has he put a spanner in the works. Would like to be a fly in the yellow bus going home.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Your right, put simply poor discipline will cost any team points and money, and no one needs to be a footballing expert to know that, and I'm not referring to just having a player sent, because teams have, as we all know gone on and won with ten men, more multiple suspensions racking up at the same time. Here we are with Downes likely to get three games, Ajala one game, Young one yellow off a one match ban and O'Archie not far behind, and we're 12 games in, carry on like this and club is heading for a fine.

And your right , young players can have a habit of reacting with their fists so to speak before engaging their brains. But it's difficult, a manager can talk to he's blue in the face about discipline but when passionate players who want to succeed step over that white line so many factors like frustration , the game slipping away, a few poor refereeing decisions, crowd reactions, heat of the moment can cause players simply not to think, don't take the passion out of the team nor the character out of a player, it's hell of a lot easier for us to sit in the stands and judge.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I was chatting to Downer the other day and this came up. Not directly, but we were talking about his being one of the senior men in the squad, despite only being 28. Now, I'll accept that at 28, he should know better, but that's not really the point. The thing is, he has no one to get a grip on him if he's going funny. He's not been in this situation before, especially surrounded by such young teammates.

It's not an excuse, he was a **** dope today and he deserves to lose his place for it, but it was probably a factor today. If he'd had Guy Branno next to him, he'd probably not have done it. Same thing with Cruise and the free kick for the winner. With someone in his ear screaming for him to "keep him there, stay on your feet!", he doesn't give their bloke the chance to go down like he'd been **** shot.

This, sadly, leads to an uncomfortable question. In the absence of a senior man, what we really need is a captain who does the job instead. Is Youngy that man?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

According to the recent Statistics thread, we have committed more fouls than any other team in the league and as Forever has already posted, it will catch up with us with suspensions and a possible fine. On the radio, the commentators slated Cruise for giving away a needless free kick. That free kick let to Telford's fourth goal. We are giving away too many needless free kicks and this is something Hargreaves needs to sort out. This match was a 'blip'. I'm sure the lads will be up for it on Tuesday night.

On a positive note, Dover and Welling who at least tried to play football against us both won and are out of the bottom four whilst Southport, who I thought were one of the worst sides I've ever seen at Plainmoor, are in the bottom four. I hold no grudges ....... but I sure hope they get relegated unless their manager gets the sack and they bring in someone who will get them playing football instead of toppling over and feigning injury.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

There's professional and "professional". Throughout my life (including my time lumping a footie ball around a muddy park) "professional" is an undisciplined spunk stain on the profession - any profession.

It depends when it hits home . . . . . . "If you can keep you head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you . . . ."

http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/rud ... pling.html
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

....and yet over half the team have not had a booking by my calculations

it's certain individuals who are not coping physically and making the wrong decisions on the pitch

....personally I think this should sort itself out as players pick up suspensions, not ideal I know, but there is nothing like sitting on the side-lines watching your replacement play well enough to keep their place
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

It just proves my theory that the majority of footballers are as thick as excrement ! ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN GUYS !! Surprisingly you DO have one ! USE IT !
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I find it ironic that CH is complaining the lack of overnight stays, rightly so, and has a poor discipline record that will cost us round about the same as one overnight stay. Ultimately he's probably going to be responsible for costing the team one overnight stay knowing one non female purse string holder as I do.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I find it ironic that CH is complaining the lack of overnight stays, rightly so, and has a poor discipline record that will cost us round about the same as one overnight stay. Ultimately he's probably going to be responsible for costing the team one overnight stay knowing one non female purse string holder as I do.
Discipline and youngsters trying to achieve don't always go together and Hargreaves is young and inexperience as well and his remarks show this. The chairman has a job to do very quickly. :keepie:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

FFS :@
Lucy
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

lucy6lucy wrote:Hargreaves needs to address our awful discipline.

Time for the happy clappers to get back in their f*ckin' box as c*nts like me tell it as it is . . . . . .

THE MANAGER LEADS BY EXAMPLE :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"