Rice to be dropped

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Rice be dropped for the Aldershot match

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 55

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

brucie wrote: In fact Downes kicked the wrong the bloke. Pity he didn't kick Rice instead. Better still he should have broken both his legs. We would probably have a few more points by now.

It was close to midnight when you typed this Brucie...I shall have to look at your posts in future to see if you do get more obnoxious as the hour gets later or whether you're just obnoxious all the time . :red:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

When brucie most needs a friend....I'm here for him!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

Good for you Wivelgull, standing up for your friend. Apparently you find his remark either acceptable or amusing. Personally, I find it offensive.I'm a 'friend ' of Martin Rice, albeit only on Facebook.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

taxilady wrote: It was close to midnight when you typed this Brucie...I shall have to look at your posts in future to see if you do get more obnoxious as the hour gets later or whether you're just obnoxious all the time . :red:
It's okay to be obnoxious and offensive on occasion, even if it does irritate a few people. Rhetoric has its uses. Sometimes it may be necessary to emphasise a point or to impress an argument more forcefully upon a deserving listener. With my delicate ears I find the inappropriate use of words relating to certain bodily excremental and reproductive functions obnoxious and offensive. I would discourage but not ban such use, because it tells me as much about the persons themselves as about the validity of their opinions. And not everyone has immediate access to the vast vocabulary of other suitable and colourful descriptive words available in the English language.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Err Taxilady - I didn't actually expect Aaron Downes to kick Martin Rice but had he done so and Rice recieved an injury this may have benefited the team.
Whilst it was a flippant remark it cannot be discounted that Downes took a swipe at their player because He was frustrated because we were losing (or indeed because Rice handed the match to the opposition).

Anyway I was interested in your post about a solution to the problem in so much as our goalkeeper keeps handing games to the opposition.
To solve this problem against Aldershot you suggest that all the supporters keep shouting "Riceyeeeeeee" and something else which I cannot remember (which is equally inane).
If that doesn't work and for example Rice drops another couple of clangers in the first half then we bring on Seabright.
I do actually wonder whether following football (or driving) are things you maybe should be doing.
Perhaps you should be talking to Rice on facebook,or perhaps doing the housework or something.
Perhaps you could produce a songsheet (thats been done before) :devil: :'( :-D :@ :O :whistle:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

I'm earning a living thanks Brucie ( with a disabled husband, that's somewhat essential ). Of course you don't know my personal circumstances, so I'll forgive you for suggesting I should confine myself to what you consider to be sufficient work for a woman ; yes, I follow Torquay & have done for many years (through thick & thin,league & otherwise). I have attended awful matches & brilliant ones. Supporting Rice through this current difficult time might be more productive than the solutions you offer. As others have pointed out, he may not be the best GK for TUFC but he may well be the only affordable one at the moment.If you attended more matches (& other 'fair weather' supporters did the same ) we might have more gate-money funds available for wages. I appreciate that you live at a distance, as I do, but your decisions to attend games seem based on results rather than affordability. Please do forgive me if I have misinterpreted your personal circumstances in return.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Err Taxilady - I didn't actually expect Aaron Downes to kick Martin Rice but had he done so and Rice recieved an injury this may have benefited the team.
Whilst it was a flippant remark it cannot be discounted that Downes took a swipe at their player because He was frustrated because we were losing (or indeed because Rice handed the match to the opposition).

Anyway I was interested in your post about a solution to the problem in so much as our goalkeeper keeps handing games to the opposition.
To solve this problem against Aldershot you suggest that all the supporters keep shouting "Riceyeeeeeee" and something else which I cannot remember (which is equally inane).
If that doesn't work and for example Rice drops another couple of clangers in the first half then we bring on Seabright.
I do actually wonder whether following football (or driving) are things you maybe should be doing.
Perhaps you should be talking to Rice on facebook,or perhaps doing the housework or something.

Perhaps you could produce a songsheet (thats been done before) :devil: :'( :-D :@ :O :whistle:
Really poor form.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Richinns wrote: Really poor form.
Agreed. I like Brucie for his frank, honest remarks about players and to be honest most of the time I do agree.

However this is a step too far, and such moronic generalisations really do have no place in the modern game or this forum.

It must be said though that Taxilady has responded in a measured and calm fashion, which shows a great deal of maturity. Had I been in that situation, I most likely would have flipped.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

taxilady wrote:I'm earning a living thanks Brucie ( with a disabled husband, that's somewhat essential ). Of course you don't know my personal circumstances, so I'll forgive you for suggesting I should confine myself to what you consider to be sufficient work for a woman ; yes, I follow Torquay & have done for many years (through thick & thin,league & otherwise). I have attended awful matches & brilliant ones. Supporting Rice through this current difficult time might be more productive than the solutions you offer. As others have pointed out, he may not be the best GK for TUFC but he may well be the only affordable one at the moment.If you attended more matches (& other 'fair weather' supporters did the same ) we might have more gate-money funds available for wages. I appreciate that you live at a distance, as I do, but your decisions to attend games seem based on results rather than affordability. Please do forgive me if I have misinterpreted your personal circumstances in return.
What an excellent, well thought out reply to a rather offensive, crass statement.

Good on you for not rising to the bait - I know that I would have bitten thats for sure.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Richinns wrote: Really poor form.
Totally agree. Sexism has no place in the 21st century; surely if racism is a bannable offence then sexism is too?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: What an excellent, well thought out reply to a rather offensive, crass statement.

Good on you for not rising to the bait - I know that I would have bitten thats for sure.
Ha ! No need to come riding in on a white charger to save Taxilady. She can look after herself. Excellent reply to put Brucie well and truly in his place. :clap: Lesson for Brucie from the Rules of Life - don't tangle with the fair sex - you'll come off second best !! :rules:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tomogull wrote: Ha ! No need to come riding in on a white charger to save Taxilady. She can look after herself. Excellent reply to put Brucie well and truly in his place. :clap: Lesson for Brucie from the Rules of Life - don't tangle with the fair sex - you'll come off second best !! :rules:
Or in gullscorers case third best !! ;-) :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I forgot to say that there are some lines which should not be crossed, Brucie, or you do so at your peril.. :)
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I suspect Brucie feels he was being witty and will be itching to reply in a similar tone if he hasn't read his PM's. Nicely batted back, taxilady.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

taxilady wrote:I'm earning a living thanks Brucie ( with a disabled husband, that's somewhat essential ). Of course you don't know my personal circumstances, so I'll forgive you for suggesting I should confine myself to what you consider to be sufficient work for a woman ; yes, I follow Torquay & have done for many years (through thick & thin,league & otherwise). I have attended awful matches & brilliant ones. Supporting Rice through this current difficult time might be more productive than the solutions you offer. As others have pointed out, he may not be the best GK for TUFC but he may well be the only affordable one at the moment.If you attended more matches (& other 'fair weather' supporters did the same ) we might have more gate-money funds available for wages. I appreciate that you live at a distance, as I do, but your decisions to attend games seem based on results rather than affordability. Please do forgive me if I have misinterpreted your personal circumstances in return.
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER