Aldershot Town v Torquay United – Saturday 25th October 2014

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

A few people have said Seabright had a decent game but they seem to refer to a few good saves. What was he like in controlling the penalty area, on crosses and distribution?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Distribution excellent. Command very good. Positioning for through balls meant he made light work of a couple of potential banana skins. The save leading to the corner (not shown in the video, cheers Aldershot) was incredible. Undoubtedly, Ricey is a lovely bloke, the sort you'd gladly spend time with, but he isn't, on this viewing, our best keeper.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Distribution excellent. Command very good. Positioning for through balls meant he made light work of a couple of potential banana skins. The save leading to the corner (not shown in the video, cheers Aldershot) was incredible. Undoubtedly, Ricey is a lovely bloke, the sort you'd gladly spend time with, but he isn't, on this viewing, our best keeper.Matt.
based on one game of course.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Nothing more to add other than to echo what others have said.

A crap day, with a crap atmosphere and a very poor performance to go with it. So many players out of form. Keeper did ok, worth another look.

What on earth has happened to Cameron? Was our best player in the first few games of the season, now looks a shadow of his former self. Same with Bowman, needs to sort his attitude out. Was appalled to see Chappel and Pearce on the bench with their arms crossed at HT. I'd drop them both from the squad and put youth teamers in who actually want to play, shocking from two players who clearly think they are too good for the club.

Then to add insult to injury Bowman has the cheek to post on instagram 'Drowning our sorrows' with a picture of him and Briscoe. Very quickly deleted. It would appear that there are serious issues with the professionalism and attitude of a significant number of players at the club. Hargreaves needs to sort it. Now.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I don't have a problem with players going out for a drink after football games, even if they are defeated. I think as long as it's not close to the next game, if we were playing Tuesday for example, and they are not having copious amounts then it's not an issue for me. These guys are young lads and by preventing them from doing things like that is not going to get the best out of them.

I think he has been stupid to post it up onto instagram but either he has had a rethink or someone has told him to take it down.

The biggest issue is the subs not warming up at half time. On one side, whenever I see players 'warming up' at half time, they never seem to be doing much other than kicking the ball between each other and I doesn't look like it does much to be honest. However I do think they should participate - they are at work and if most of us just sat round doing nothing whilst our colleagues were working then I am sure the boss would not be best pleased.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sorry lads but I do have to take issue here, why are our players not entitled to a social life ? why are they not allowed to put photos on the net ?

Some of the posts I've read this weekend not just on this site to be fair, another TU related forum are bordering on the ridiculous, I stood on the popside last Saturday and watched one of the must frustrating defeats home v Grimsby I've seen for as long as I can remember, I went into boots and laces after the game and all around were groups of Torquay fans, laughing and joking , discussing what pubs and clubs they were going to, Sunday the photos are up the net of fans epic night out. So the point is, if us fans can go out on a Saturday night and let of steam after a hard working week, why can't the players regardless of the result.

Yes our current run of form is frustrating, but for me not entirely unexpected, anyone who's read my posts from day one this season would have seen at no point did I get carried away with our start. I do not blame Chris Hargreaves he is doing the best job he can with the very, very limited resources at his disposal, I do not blame the players, they have limited capabilities, they, after all are the players we can afford.

We are no longer a professional football club, merely a club playing at being professional, we have two choices put up and expect it or shut up and give up . I spent much of last season appealing for our club to recognise the need to remain in the league, I think the board looked at the conference as a comfort zone, a level which our club could sustain, after this cup defeat not entirely sure we can even do that now. Our income will drop by a reported £500k a year, once the parachute payment, and EPPP funding has gone, forgive me if that figure is not accurate, we had to gain promotion this season, had we got through even to the second round the club may have been able to have a little gamble on promotion should the team have still been in touch come January, any chance of that has gone out of the window, so us fans need to start getting use to non-league football I'm afraid to say.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote:Sorry lads but I do have to take issue here, why are our players not entitled to a social life ? why are they not allowed to put photos on the net ?

Some of the posts I've read this weekend not just on this site to be fair, another TU related forum are bordering on the ridiculous, I stood on the popside last Saturday and watched one of the must frustrating defeats home v Grimsby I've seen for as long as I can remember, I went into boots and laces after the game and all around were groups of Torquay fans, laughing and joking , discussing what pubs and clubs they were going to, Sunday the photos are up the net of fans epic night out. So the point is, if us fans can go out on a Saturday night and let of steam after a hard working week, why can't the players regardless of the result.

Yes our current run of form is frustrating, but for me not entirely unexpected, anyone who's read my posts from day one this season would have seen at no point did I get carried away with our start. I do not blame Chris Hargreaves he is doing the best job he can with the very, very limited resources at his disposal, I do not blame the players, they have limited capabilities, they, after all are the players we can afford.

We are no longer a professional football club, merely a club playing at being professional, we have two choices put up and expect it or shut up and give up . I spent much of last season appealing for our club to recognise the need to remain in the league, I think the board looked at the conference as a comfort zone, a level which our club could sustain, after this cup defeat not entirely sure we can even do that now. Our income will drop by a reported £500k a year, once the parachute payment, and EPPP funding has gone, forgive me if that figure is not accurate, we had to gain promotion this season, had we got through even to the second round the club may have been able to have a little gamble on promotion should the team have still been in touch come January, any chance of that has gone out of the window, so us fans need to start getting use to non-league football I'm afraid to say.
Pretty much spot on and a reality check to those that think we can get promoted this season. The aldershot defeat will prove to be a very costly defeat :goodpost:
Lucy
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Aldershot away to Pompey, City drawn away to lowest team left in the competition.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

leetufc wrote:Aldershot away to Pompey, City drawn away to lowest team left in the competition.
No doubt Exeter will be on TV and get a payday
Lucy
Grecian71
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Fred Binney

Post by Grecian71 »

lucy6lucy wrote: No doubt Exeter will be on TV and get a payday
Good guess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29832350