KEEP THE BLUE SHORTS

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

WHICH KIT COMBO DO YOU PREFER ?

YELLOW SHIRT - BLUE SHORTS - YELLOW SOCKS ?
63%
YELLOW SHIRT - BLUE SHORTS - WHITE SOCKS ?
26%
CURRENT KIT - ALL YELLOW?
11%

Total votes: 27

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

KEEP THE BLUE SHORTS

Post by chunkygull »

Looking at an article in todays Herald ( couldnt find it online) it seems the club have been fined £400 because without applying for permission the team wore a different colour shorts to this seasons officially submitted home kit last Saturday v FGR.

There is a slight twist in this tale it would seem because the article implies that originally this season the team were supposed to have blue shorts but the yellow ones were hastily added instead because the manufacturer didnt get the blue ones out on time.

Apparently because of possible kit clashes we may be wearing the blue shorts for the next few games. I really want to see us keep them permanently.

Although I didnt attend the pulsating 3-3 draw last Saturday I have seen pictures and the video clip of the match and I have to say I love the kit they were wearing. The blue shorts looked so much better and smarter, the white socks with it made it look really cool and although a little bit "Brazil" which doesnt really matter, it looked a bit different. I really would love to see us keep it, although I would be just as happy with the current yellow socks.

A few other people I have spoke to who actually attended the game also have the same opinion on the kit as me, expressing how smart it looked. It is definitely the best combo we have had since 04-06

A few occasions in recent times there has been an insistence on squeezing some white in somewhere with the yellow and blue, including the horrible, amatuerish - yellow shirt, yellow shorts, white socks of a couple of seasons ago and last years wishy washy number which included the quite smart (grew on me) but didnt quite work yellow and white shirts. If we are to have any white in the kit then a "Brazil" is the only way to go. Although ideally I would like to see a lighter, brighter blue and yellow (something like this seasons Chelsea yellow kit, with blue shorts).

What do you good people think, SHOULD WE KEEP SATURDAYS KIT (at least the shorts surely) ? If we cant keep this combination for the rest of this season at least it could be an idea for the next kit.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Not sure I can see that boys enjoy a waxing for the brazil or even a german 7 but for me Yellow shirt. Yellow socks with blue tops and blue shorts is my choice.More in keeping with the days when we were known as the Golden blues.
Matt might enjoy a good waxing though.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Blue shorts please. Shirts and socks of a golden-yellow hue.
What to do with the yellow shorts? Wash them in blue dye, so they'll turn out green. Then give them to Argyle.
And next season, deal with a more reliable supplier.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

All yellow for me.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

hector wrote:All yellow for me.
All yellow for me, too. But whatever kit we wear, nothing could be worse than the revolting Forest Green away kit. :Z
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

FGR kit was a horror show
Our home kit last season a close second
Much better this season
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Yellow - blue - yellow.
We'll be back...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

tomogull wrote: All yellow for me, too. But whatever kit we wear, nothing could be worse than the revolting Forest Green away kit. :Z
That was FGR's home kit!!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Interesting comments so far and judging by those and the poll - yellow, blue, yellow is what the majority would prefer to see. In my mind, what should be our traditional colours, been saying it for years. The last time we had that combo was 04-06.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

I see we were wearing the yellow, blue and white again today. Interesting! ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Long shorts or short shorts..?? Tight or baggy..?? :~D

Would it be more economical for the club if they were short and tight rather than long and baggy..?? :)
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thank you for your comments on the blue shorts which I can confirm will be our home colours at least until the end of this season, possibly beyond that as well. I would like to clarify that the "mix up" was nothing to do with Joma our kit manufacturers, who have been very helpful and supportive in helping us resolve this matter with the Football Conference in a timely fashion.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Brazil from the West Country...Sadly we have Benyonaldo instead.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

A Candy wrote:Thank you for your comments on the blue shorts which I can confirm will be our home colours at least until the end of this season, possibly beyond that as well. I would like to clarify that the "mix up" was nothing to do with Joma our kit manufacturers, who have been very helpful and supportive in helping us resolve this matter with the Football Conference in a timely fashion.
YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! RESULT! GET IN! :goal: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Finally a half decent kit we can be a bit proud of.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

A Candy wrote:Thank you for your comments on the blue shorts which I can confirm will be our home colours at least until the end of this season, possibly beyond that as well. I would like to clarify that the "mix up" was nothing to do with Joma our kit manufacturers, who have been very helpful and supportive in helping us resolve this matter with the Football Conference in a timely fashion.
Thank you for the clarification - the kit does look a mess, though, with the white socks, at least yellow socks would make it match better.