James McQuilkin Midfielder signs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

James McQuilkin Midfielder signs

Post by Glostergull »

Hi Guys
Have done what I can to give you a heads up on this guy.
Has signed today on non contract terms. Was a product of West Brom academy. spent some time in Czech Republic. moved to Hereford and then Walsall.
He started his career at West Broms academy. But was released and went abroad to Join Czech Republic side Zlin. he was there for 2 seasons playing 41 games in all scoring 11 goals. He returned to these shores to join Hereford United and made an impression signing for the next 4 years. he played 76 games for them scoring 6 goals before being released I assume because of their recent troubles etc. He was sent out on loan to Kiddy for 3 games but returned before being released to join Walsall where he only played 9 games. He did manage to gain one Northern Ireland u21 cap when he was with Zlin.
I talked to my mate in Walsall who said he didn't get much in the way of chances there as they have a surfeit of Midfield players and wasn't seen for most of the season. It was some time ago and he can't remember what he was like. The Walsall Manager obviously liked what he saw to sign him in the first place, but eventually he left to join Hednesford Town in the Conference North for a spell.
Now with our own Dean Edwards having been manager there with Steve Elliot at his no2 I would imagine that he retains contacts there and this is where Chris has picked up on him.
It's been quite difficult to find any hard information on him while he was at Hednesford. But they are a pretty well supported team who play in front of crowds one would not normally expect of the club at this level. The season before last they topped the table of Best attendance with a crowd of 4412 when they played FC United of Manchester in the playoff final to reach the Conference North.
Not only due to Manchester fans coming down. They have had attendances over 2500 on several occasions. So with money to spend they can pick up who they choose to a degree.
Last edited by Glostergull on 21 Nov 2014, 18:13, edited 2 times in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I know the name but not much more than that, do we know if he's defensively minded or attacking? Let's just hope it doesn't mean Richards is being moved to centre back...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

Surely what we need is a goalkeeper and a left back. I imagine this guy won't get in the side ahead of Richards or Young anyway. Better to spend the budget on someone who will start every game no?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unless of course Luke Young is going.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Or someone has shown an interest in Ben Harding if he ever gets fit to free up a gap for cover in the middle.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Unless of course Luke Young is going.
i can't BRIng mySelf TO Love
CITes Yesterday
The WhO
Hip UNDeR drEaD
THe OUSted AND me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

ferrarilover wrote: i can't BRIng mySelf TO Love
CITes Yesterday
The WhO
Hip UNDeR drEaD
THe OUSted AND me.

Matt.
I'd rather keep him !!!!! :'(
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wouldn't we all.

Quilkerz seems a decent addition.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

sorry matt. I didnt quite work out all the letters on that. Bristol City under a thousand I think it says. or at least part of it. eyesight not too good these days

torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

bristol citY twO hUndREd thousAnD

my hidden message says: "should have gone to specsavers" ;-)

Sorry, Gloster. Didn't mean that to sound personal, especially after your extensive background work, for which many thanks.

We shall see what we shall see, I guess.
TUST member 200 ;-)
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

thought Gloster was taking the pi$$ !!!¬ :rofl:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Good business if it is the case, but Bristol City play a direct style of football and also have a number of players similar to Youngy such as Korey Smith, Marlon Pack and Bobby Reid, who was on loan at Argyle earlier in the season, who can all play in the same position he plays.

Also good business if CH is bringing in Jamie McQuilkin as a direct replacement early, and £25k more than we got for Eunan O'Kane as well.

Could Youngy be to John Sheridan what Jordan Rhodes was to Roy Keane at Ipswich?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

torq2u wrote:bristol citY twO hUndREd thousAnD

my hidden message says: "should have gone to specsavers" ;-)

Sorry, Gloster. Didn't mean that to sound personal, especially after your extensive background work, for which many thanks.

We shall see what we shall see, I guess.
To Taxilady. No I wasn't taking the pi$$. I have enough trouble trying to do it in the first place.

To Matt. what's with this Torq2u. have you decided to rebrand yourself. Nah won't work. we know who you are . lol
And I did go to specsavers. and wished i hadn't. :Lidl would have made a better job of it.

I do hope we don't sell anyone to Briseel Shity or anyone else. We can't build a team by selling all the time. we will be lucky to stay in the Conference Premier at that rate.

SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I can't believe we would sell him to Bristol City for £200k in January. Surely we would wait until the summer. £200k in Jan would be a damning indictment of our ambition as a club.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

[quote="SteveDeckchair"]I can't believe we would sell him to Bristol City for £200k in January. Surely we would wait until the summer. £200k in Jan would be a damning indictment of our ambition as a club.[/quote

it's being suggested elsewhere that a move could be quite imminent...... :( :no:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066