Quiz night returns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Quiz night returns

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I see the quiz night returns to Plainmoor,

Just what questions would you like answered ?

For me it would have to be,

Exactly,why did Alex Rowe,a founder member of the original consortium who once said live on air "supporters have nothing to fear we bleed the yellow and blue of TUFC" decide along with Mark and Cris Boyce that the best interests of TUFC were served by them leaving the board?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I see the quiz night returns to Plainmoor,

Just what questions would you like answered ?

For me it would have to be,

Exactly,why did Alex Rowe,a founder member of the original consortium who once said live on air "supporters have nothing to fear we bleed the yellow and blue of TUFC" decide along with Mark and Cris Boyce that the best interests of TUFC were served by them leaving the board?
Pass.

ask me one on sport.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Exactly,why did Alex Rowe,a founder member of the original consortium who once said live on air "supporters have nothing to fear we bleed the yellow and blue of TUFC" decide along with Mark and Cris Boyce that the best interests of TUFC were served by them leaving the board?
Let me try and answer this one; Board meeting top of the agenda, season tickets sales are down 50 % we as board need to put some money in to cover a small black hole in the clubs finances to get through the summer, answer, from answer from Rowe and the Boyce's was either they were unable or not prepared to more in leaving them with no other option but to stand down.

This answer is a guess, and should not be taken as either fact or criticism levelled at Alex Rowe or the Boyce's , however sportsman's bet says I'm not far wrong.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

forevertufc wrote: Let me try and answer this one; Board meeting top of the agenda, season tickets sales are down 50 % we as board need to put some money in to cover a small black hole in the clubs finances to get through the summer, answer, from answer from Rowe and the Boyce's was either they were unable or not prepared to more in leaving them with no other option but to stand down.

This answer is a guess, and should not be taken as either fact or criticism levelled at Alex Rowe or the Boyce's , however sportsman's bet says I'm not far wrong.

Thanks for answering that with the way you see it, can't help feel thought that it just might have had something to do with the handling of the Billy Bodin situation although not just that. Like you say it's all just rumours and hear say nothing factual but that's all we as supporters have to go on.

Got to be honest I am slightly disappointed in those three for giving the likes of Baker and Phillips probably what they wanted all along in the removal of any sanity and buisness acumen so some might take advantage of the situation and Thea ultimately to the cost and detriment of TUFC as a whole.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Got to be honest I am slightly disappointed in those three for giving the likes of Baker and Phillips probably what they wanted all along in the removal of any sanity and buisness acumen so some might take advantage of the situation and Thea ultimately to the cost and detriment of TUFC as a whole.
Agreed, and I'm sure many would.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:
Thanks for answering that with the way you see it, can't help feel thought that it just might have had something to do with the handling of the Billy Bodin situation although not just that. Like you say it's all just rumours and hear say nothing factual but that's all we as supporters have to go on.

Got to be honest I am slightly disappointed in those three for giving the likes of Baker and Phillips probably what they wanted all along in the removal of any sanity and buisness acumen so some might take advantage of the situation and Thea ultimately to the cost and detriment of TUFC as a whole.
Surely you old cynics accept the line we were fed ???? They were standing down to (quote) 'make room for new blood' !!!!!!!??????? :-/ :-/ :-/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Laugh out loud indeed tommo, I personally did not buy that line from the start, I wonder why? who knows.