Go on Thea get this guy to help our manager !!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Go on Thea get this guy to help our manager !!!

Post by Dutchgull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30610309

I am sure he would love the challenge !!!

:scarf: :scarf:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Dutchgull wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30610309

££££££££££££££££

:-/
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
££££££££££££££££

:-/
Your right of course. But you know, these guys are supposed to "love" football. mmmmmm... do they really? OR do they "love" money!

If you were located near a club you have had an association with in the past, why wouldn't you, IF you "loved" football help them out a bit free of charge. Especially someone like Warnock who is obviously loaded. I just don't understand it. I honestly love the sport I do, I don't get paid for it, and it costs me thousands to do. If I was loaded I would want to put something back into it. Why would you be stuck at home do nothing, and not help out your local club.

Don't get it
TUST MEMBER
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The only way for Warnock to come to Plainmoor is if Chrystal Palace were to sign up Hargreaves for a substantial sum and Warnock comes here in part exchange. Otherwise Warnock should retire. What possible benefit could he be to Hargreaves at Plainmoor? I doubt any manager would have done as well as Hargreaves has done in his time here so far, trying to attract players to a recently relegated hard-up Conference club on a zero budget.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

some posters on here have short memories......

he'd only be interested in helping out the gargs as hes said many times.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

For one he will be able to teach him to organise his team and get the best out of his players !!

As Neal has said and what I was hoping someone would say is that if he loves football and has a soft spot for Torquay he would do it for nothing just to help us out !!

I know its unrealistic but that is the sort of person this clubs needs just as Steve Perryman has been helping Excretia. We desperately need some REAL football know how on and off the pitch.

Supes... he helped us before and it would be great if he did it again.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dutchgull wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30610309

CH won't want him as director as football as such, so they will have to sack CH . Warnock will demand a wage that means we will as a club will go bust. And would warnock want to come here,he would need his head testing. He won't come here for free, so it's not going to happen. But yes I would like him here.
Lucy
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Warnock couldn't possibly manage at our level because if you look at the majority of his post match interviews, he dominates the conversation with two topics.....

1. The standard of refereeing
2. The lack of luck for his team.

He is a poor mans Harry Redknapp. Loves the media but cannot manage.

He would hate the refereeing in the conference and would moan like f*** at the number of decisions we didn't get.

Sadly, we're stuck with CH for now and it's the Boards fault. Wrong appointment last season and we're suffering for it now.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I agree with Gullscorer and doubt that there is any other Manager who could do a better job under the circumstances. What would Warnock think of the fact that our training ground is waterlogged for most of the winter ! Greavsie is the right man for the job. He knows our club and the restraints.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

sorry, dont agree that ch is the wrong man, what the **** do you think he can do with what he has got, the guy is doing the best under severe restraints, there is nobody else out there who casn do any better with the budget, he has half the amount of money that weasel buckle had when he was here, some of you really need to wise up.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

I did not say that CH is the wrong man or that Warnock would be the manager. The title of this thread is This Guy Could Help Our Manager !!

I wonder how connected to the club ROADRUNNER is ? !! Touchy !!

Weasel Buckle oh dear that pile of crap again. He did not leave in the best way but as anyone would do he just went looking for a better deal. Saint Rosenoir wanted to leave us for Brighton but that piece of history is never mentioned !

Granted CH has not got the budget that Buckle had but what really annoyed me yesterday in his post match radio interview was when he was asked about certain failings in the team he replied "What can I do about it" well try coaching and managing them for a start !! Get them to play with heart and passion . Change certain players attitudes that makes them think that have made it as footballers as they certainly have not !! They are on the lowest rung of full time professional football. Next stop is complete oblivion !

I am fed up of the team meekly surrendering to the likes of Telford,Alfreton and Braintree. I am worried about Welling tomorrow !

They need to toughen up and bloody quick !

As for knowing our club and the restraints don't you think other clubs are in a similar if not worse situation. Losing to the likes of the above is down to attitude and the manager instilling the correct one into his players.

There is nothing more I want than CH to be successful and for the club to succeed but it seems rudderless at the moment .
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Dutchgull wrote:Granted CH has not got the budget that Buckle had but what really annoyed me yesterday in his post match radio interview was when he was asked about certain failings in the team he replied "What can I do about it" well try coaching and managing them for a start !! .
I remember John Sheridan in one of his post-match interviews at Home Park (I forget whether it was early this season or late last season) being at a loss to understand why his players played so badly and not knowing what to do about it. Yet Argyle are now challenging for promotion from League Two. Yes I know he probably has somewhat better funding than our zero budget; the point is that sometimes in the heat of the moment immediately post-match it ain't always easy to give a lengthy considered accurate opinion.

And since we are still not out of touch with the play-off pack, that zero budget makes Hargreaves' achievements thus far just as impressive as Sheridan's. We've nearly half a season left, still time to recover that early season form. And if we do finally finish mid-table, I shall say again that probably no other manager would have been able to do any better in this situation.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

If Knill had been sacked after game 15 last season & N.W. offered a short term contract to the end of last season,( & a fat bonus if he kept us up ) then we would not be looking at a long spell in the Conference. I was not the only one suggesting this option. The board must of course take the blame for whatever happens at the club.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

I entirely agree with Dutchgull's 4th paragraph. If indeed Hargreaves threw his hands up and said "what can I do" then he is not fit to be a manager. He picked most of the players and it is up to him to motivate them and give them some passion. If he is unable to do this then it suggests he has not got the respect of the players.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Sesimbra wrote:I entirely agree with Dutchgull's 4th paragraph. If indeed Hargreaves threw his hands up and said "what can I do" then he is not fit to be a manager. He picked most of the players and it is up to him to motivate them and give them some passion. If he is unable to do this then it suggests he has not got the respect of the players.
Didn't you read my last post? Sheridan reacted in a similar way to Hargreaves in a post match interview. If Sheridan can subsequently motivate his players there's no reason why Hargreaves shouldn't also do so..