Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm sure that those who donate to the Players Fund will echo your thoughts as to Huth's ability and potential. Most of us donate on a weekly or monthly basis, though I've no doubt the club will welcome larger one-off or up-front payments from those who are able to donate in this way. However, I don't believe such up-front payments (or the lack of) will have or should have any effect on the manager's ability to sign this player. The important thing is that those supporters who are able to do so should donate what they can. We should then leave it to the manager to decide which players to bring in to the club. I know a few years ago one generous supporter gave around £60k to enable Martin Ling to sign Billy Bodin from Swindon Town, but we did not haver a Players Fund at that time.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Are the bank details still Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04, the same as when started up last year?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by brooker »

Are the bank details still Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04, the same as when started up last year?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

brooker wrote:Are the bank details still Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04, the same as when started up last year?
Yes. See page 5 of the Players Fund thread on this forum.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

For all those like yellowblackwhite - here is how you can help acquire Ron Huth!

How can you donate?
There are a number of ways to make a donation:
1.* Transfer money by BACS direct from your account to ours (Account details below).
2.* Standing Order. Set up a standing order with your bank using the account details below. We can supply the standing order forms and send to your bank for you. You can complete this by calling into reception.
3. Credit/Debit card. You can ring the club or come into reception and give your card details.
4. Cheque. Make your cheque payable to ‘Torquay United FC’ and post or drop it off at the club.
*The account details are: Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04. Please use your name as the reference.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

come on lets do it, ive bunged £20 quid in the post, they need to sign Huth
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Paid £25 today via bacs. Least I could do for Nicholson (forget everything else that is going on).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

I'm going to merge this topic with the current one to save confusion...
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Cant get to the next couple of games so have chucked £50 into the kitty. Let hope we can get of to a good start to the season and get the people back to Plainmoor in numbers which is really what is needed.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Fantastic generosity and optimism shown on this thread. For various reasons, usually because the missus has arranged something without checking my Fixture List, I get to about 20 league games a season. Now, this is just for For Christ's Sake to prove I can do me maths (see post on another thread). As an old fart, last season 20 games x £13 cost me £260. This season, armed with my £200 Season Ticket, each game will cost me £10. So I have decided that I will drop in £2 each match to the Collecting Tin at the turnstile and I will still be better off by £1 per match to supplement my meagre pension !!! Now if many other old farts did the same, those tins would be quite heavy at the end of each match. Also, since Gaming International disappeared over the horizon, I have increased my monthly contribution to TUST.

Going off on another tack, but it's still finance related. I went with a mate who is a WBA fan and two other mates on Monday night. We went into Boots & Laces before the match. Unsurprisingly for a game against a Premier side, it was packed ..... but there were only two people serving behind the Bar (and doing a bloody good job, by the way). We saw several fans come in, take a look at the crowd waiting to be served, and left, so lost income there. The WBA fan said (quote) "I thought the club was on its uppers? The drinks are ridiculously cheap". So perhaps some leeway for bringing in a bit more income by slightly increasing the prices at the Bar?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by brooker »

I didn't think the club owned Boots? Just chucked in £35, would love to see Huth sign. Having said that, even if he doesn't his outstanding trial game won't have done the player fund any harm at all!
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Are you talking about boots or Number 10s & the gulls nest? If it's the former then it's currently franchised, so it makes no difference what the price of the beer is to how much money we receive. I think it's unlikely you're talking about the other two seeing as I've been in there and "ridiculously cheap" is not how I would describe it!

On topic, I have kept my £10/month donation going through the close season, but I also would have stopped it had GI taken over. Although I disagree with some of the decisions this board has made, and still think there's areas of the club that need immediate attention, I do trust them to use this money for the stated purpose and therefore am happy to continue my subs.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Not a season ticket holder, but I have thrown in the £25 that Nicho has asked for. From all the ST holders plus others we should be getting a fair few quid over the coming week(s) to add the finishing touches to what's already a pretty decent squad. If we secured Huth then anything else would be a nice little bonus.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brooker wrote:I didn't think the club owned Boots? Just chucked in £35, would love to see Huth sign. Having said that, even if he doesn't his outstanding trial game won't have done the player fund any harm at all!
Yes - I did mean Boots & Laces. I hadn't realised it was franchised out. That's another good idea out the window, then !! :(
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

New website for the Players Fund: http://torquayunitedplayersfund.co.uk/
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/