Final Game - North Ferriby @ 12:15

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 13:27 A lot of my mates from Exeter are going too. The only downside about a large crowd for me is the smile it will put on Osborne's smug face when he sees the gate receipts (even accounting for the number of season ticket holders).
Will he actually turn up?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He doesn't have to just to see the gate receipts ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

It is the reason Osbourne did not make money available for players - he brought and installed an Automated Turnstile Counting System to provide 'real time' gate receipt readings to his mobile phone. Does show he has an interest in Torquay Utd supporters - but only how many !
samuellejones
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Asa Hall

Post by samuellejones »

Such a big game for the club, one of the biggest in our history. My Dad is even flying out from Mexico for the game!
markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

Hi all,

Can i ask, planning to bring my 3 and a half year old to his first game on Saturday...if, in the family stand during the match, is it possible to:

a) walk freely from the seats to the bar/lounge area at the top of the stairs? i don't think he'd sit through a whole half of football at the moment!
b) less hopeful on this one...is it possible to come and go from the stadium during the game!? i'm gunna try and get him through the first half at least but then his grandad may have to leave with him if he's playing up and leave me on my own!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes you would be able to get out the side gate adjacent to the food bar, it will be manned by a steward so just ask him to open it and let you out. Don't know about the first question.
markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

Thanks Brucie
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

For this last, and most important, game of the season, I'm expecting a huge crowd and a score-line which changes our goal difference from a negative to a positive figure. And our opponents are the ideal team against whom this can be achieved..
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Somewhere (at the moment in the far distance) is the sound of chickens being counted.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

wivelgull wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 13:50 Somewhere (at the moment in the far distance) is the sound of chickens being counted.
Tend to agree with you Wivel.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

TUFC v NF

I have 3 eggs = 3 chickens = 3 points ( or possibly 1)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I agree with Wivel

Don't think this will be as easy a game as most seem to be expecting.

NF will be very conscious that Southport are only 1 point behind with slightly better goal difference, so a Southport draw and an NF loss would leave them bottom. A fate I am sure they will want to avoid - bad enough going down without being bottom.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Time to rack up our highest score of the season. C'mon! Surely North Ferriby and their travelling hordes aren't going to turn us over again!

....but this is Torquay United... anything can happen.... and no doubt will..... United 7 North Ferriby 6 with United's winner coming in the 98th minute as Moore scrambles it in at the far post after it ricochets off the NF keepers’ arse.

COYY!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Let's us not forget that we have already contrived to lose north ferriby this season, and we have also lost to the bottom team Southport at home as well.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 17:08 Let's us not forget that we have already contrived to lose north ferriby this season, and we have also lost to the bottom team Southport at home as well.
the perfect opportunity to put it right then.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468