Transfer Rumours 18/19

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Nathan Craig was shocking. Niall Thompson was lightning but produced nothing although with better coaching i felt there was a player in there. Kirtys Mackenzie, where is he now? Think i only saw him once on debut and he looked the part.

Nathan Craig though. Jesus. I may have to accept that i was wrong about Billy Bodin and i'm big enough to do that but not about Craig. Bloody awful.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

2 clubs reportedly eying yo our new skipper.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/04/du ... r-mcginty/
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

kevgull wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 21:13 2 clubs reportedly eying yo our new skipper.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/04/du ... r-mcginty/
oh for shit sake
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Another 3 months and he will be a free agent anyways and will be able to pick and choose a half decent club to go too. Regional football will not appeal to him nor others at the seasons end like Young, Davis, Gosling, Dorel. I think Pittman and Gowling have another year unless they have a 'get out' contract clause. Still we can always call back Chaney and Osborn and offer them contracts.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 00:31 Another 3 months and he will be a free agent anyways and will be able to pick and choose a half decent club to go too. Regional football will not appeal to him nor others at the seasons end like Young, Davis, Gosling, Dorel. I think Pittman and Gowling have another year unless they have a 'get out' contract clause. Still we can always call back Chaney and Osborn and offer them contracts.
Surely no other team in its right mind would go for Gowling and Pittman ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Gowling is a decent player. Yes he might be injury prone but so was Aaron Downes. Not quite sure why people keep moaning, in our position it's either kids or players like Gowling. It's always a gamble signing any player. Some pay off and some don't. One thing that is pretty obvious is that Owers is nowhere near as good as Nicholson at recognising talent.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I agree Gowling is a very good player when fit, but when injured he is a luxury. Sure any transfer is a risk, but getting it wrong costs the club. This season both Nicholson and Owers have made expensive mistakes. Merse wanted Owers to succeed to prove Nicholson a poor coach, but just because Owers has failed it doesn't make Nicholson a good coach either.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I didn't say he was. I said Owers wasn't as good at recognising talent as Nicholson.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 10:31 I didn't say he was. I said Owers wasn't as good at recognising talent as Nicholson.
I think that Gulliballs brilliant stats on the 'Gary Ower's thread alludes to this when he say's "I think most people would rate this season's squad as far better than that which began 2015/16 - which is the basis of the now famous "lottery winning" comments from Nicholson after his departure".

In terms of Owers talent spotting well Gulliballs is spot on again "Considering that there were a number of good players in the squad when he arrived, and the backing he's been given to sign 12 players, going from 8 points adrift of safety to 11 points adrift in his 4 months in charge is underwhelming to date".

Since Owers arrival we have all known the need for a goalscorer and Owers with all his contacts and talent spotting skill bring in McQuoid and Murphy, underwhelming to say the least- then we had the Gnabouyou fiasco, and now the best Owers can muster with his begging bowl is a young 18y lad from Plymouth ( poor lad - what a baptism of fire).

Could Nicho done any better? And unknown maybe, but in my personal opinion I think so. I expect we may have had a look in on loaning Nathan Blissett rather than Fletcher. Why? Whatever his management skills the one thing that cannot be denied is Nicho was excellant with his man-management and motivational skills with players. As Blissett has been quoted as saying:

“Throughout all the turmoil and instability he dealt with he came out on top two seasons running...He was the major factor in my performances at my time at Torquay.”

You see turmoil and instablilty does affect players - Nicho was able to overcome that, where as Owers does not appear to be able too and appears to have lost the dressing room - although I accept that it is not all of his own making - I just dont think he possesses the skills to make the players fight for their own pride.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 14:55 I think that Gulliballs brilliant stats on the 'Gary Ower's thread alludes to this when he say's "I think most people would rate this season's squad as far better than that which began 2015/16 - which is the basis of the now famous "lottery winning" comments from Nicholson after his departure".

In terms of Owers talent spotting well Gulliballs is spot on again "Considering that there were a number of good players in the squad when he arrived, and the backing he's been given to sign 12 players, going from 8 points adrift of safety to 11 points adrift in his 4 months in charge is underwhelming to date".

Since Owers arrival we have all known the need for a goalscorer and Owers with all his contacts and talent spotting skill bring in McQuoid and Murphy, underwhelming to say the least- then we had the Gnabouyou fiasco, and now the best Owers can muster with his begging bowl is a young 18y lad from Plymouth ( poor lad - what a baptism of fire).

Could Nicho done any better? And unknown maybe, but in my personal opinion I think so. I expect we may have had a look in on loaning Nathan Blissett rather than Fletcher. Why? Whatever his management skills the one thing that cannot be denied is Nicho was excellant with his man-management and motivational skills with players. As Blissett has been quoted as saying:

[highlight=yellow]“Throughout all the turmoil and instability he dealt with he came out on top two seasons running...He was the major factor in my performances at my time at Torquay.”[/highlight]

You see turmoil and instablilty does affect players - Nicho was able to overcome that, where as Owers does not appear to be able too and appears to have lost the dressing room - although I accept that it is not all of his own making - I just dont think he possesses the skills to make the players fight for their own pride.

Proving that it’s not always the dog in the fight, it’s also, can you create the fight in the dog.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

It’s understood from reading the Bristol Post that midfielder Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is heading in on loan......

Lemonheigh-Evans, 21, will link up once again with Gary Owers. Owers has good ties with City’s loan manager Brian Tinnion and he was on loan at Bath City last season under the manager. He is highly-rated at the Robins and will be looking to make an impression with the Gulls.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 14:21 It’s understood from reading the Bristol Post that midfielder Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is heading in on loan......

Lemonheigh-Evans, 21, will link up once again with Gary Owers. Owers has good ties with City’s loan manager Brian Tinnion and he was on loan at Bath City last season under the manager. He is highly-rated at the Robins and will be looking to make an impression with the Gulls.
The loan signing of Lemonleigh-Evans is CONFIRMED here ....

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/lemonheigh- ... lls-fight/

Together with an extension to the loan of George Dowling - also until the end of the season (as per BCFC OS)

Edit: Although our own OS suggests the Dowling extension is only for another month?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Perhaps the OS believes our season will be over in a month's time!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Over in a month's time?!

God they're optimistic aren't they? :lol:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

I would be hard pushed to say I am over-enamoured with these young loan signings for our relegation 'get out clause'. No doubt good experience for their career development but from my viewpoint not so good for the development of the club as a whole. Still we are were we are and maybe this will be the format the squad takes for next seasons, league south debacle.