RIP Norman Medhurst

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

RIP Norman Medhurst

Post by Burnhamgull »

Sad news this evening to hear that Norman has passed away.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... hurst.html

Let's have peoples memories of Norman and his sprints to the touchline after treatnig a player with the "magic sponge".

Englands Number 1, England Englands Number 1.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Very sad news. Obviously very good at his job, but also a really genuine, down to earth gentleman.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Lovely man, met him outside his home at Abbotskerswell once, a real gent. RIP NORMAN.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Rip Norman, had a thought for Cyril who so tragically got taken far too soon. Great team they were
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Oh blimey, sad news. I remember when Norman joined us it was quite a coup. Chants of Englands number one. When he strolled along the touchline before the game and fans would be shouting out "Norm" ala Cheers. He replied to most and gave plenty of waves.
Couldnt he leg it fast, many comments when he ran on to administer treatment that Norman was quicker than quite few of the players :).
It was always a bit surreal seeing Norman on tv in the England dugout then back at Plainmoor a few days later when we were playing someone like Rochdale.
Not forgetting the testimonial Norman had at Plainmoor, bringing lots of ex England stars he had worked with. I remember he even got on the pitch and played for a while. Great night that was.

R.I.P. Norm.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Bristolgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sir Rodney

Post by Bristolgull »

Really sad news, what a lovely chap Norman was. "Norman, gives us wave, Norman, Norman, gives us a wave." & he did..

I remember being at a pre season game in Newquay. Norman asked us to look after his bags whilst he filled up some water bottles, don't get that in the prem. Same day remember chatting to Big Nev in the car park, he was getting out of the cavalier, or was it a vectra he was driving, bet Jordan Pickford has got better wheels than that already. At half time knock about with the subs, put a cross into the box for JP SImb - happy days.

RIP norm
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

So sad to hear the news. One of the great characters that we have had at Plainmoor
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Very sad to read of the passing of Norman. I always thought that Torquay had the very best sponge man and of course we did .How lucky were we to have him.R I P Norman
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

A real gent. He will be sadly missed.