Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Well said westy.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Teigngull wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 21:10So how do you know what Yorkie knows or doesn't ? Are we just to take your appraisals as gospel & not challenge you ?
I merely asked: 'How do you know they 'haven't signed contracts'? Nobody knows that'
So I've asked him how he knows that; is that a problem? Get over yourself!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

merse btpir wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 22:18 I merely asked: 'How do you know they 'haven't signed contracts'? Nobody knows that'
Soa I've asked him how he knows that; is that a problem? Get over yourself!
I have no problem with you asking questions or enquiring the validity of the content ,it's the way you come across with the vitriolic words such as 'parochial' its as if you need to be seen as superior to your fellow forum, I'm sorry about this I do not take pleasure in voicing my displeasure, a bit more decorum & sanctity just wouldn't go amiss , I feel ,as many other members do your word is king & lo behold anyone who should challenge it .
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Teigngull wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 23:08 I have no problem with you asking questions or enquiring the validity of the content ,it's the way you come across with the vitriolic words such as 'parochial' its as if you need to be seen as superior to your fellow forum
So how do YOU come across referring to me as: 'this Merse bloke'?

Isn't that rather derogatory? The reason I used the term 'parochial' is precisely because you refer to me as that as if I am some alien being intruding on a local discussion; or an outsider because I express a different viewpoint than someone else or even merely asking someone to quantify a statement they have made.

If you want an anesthetized level of debate you'll end up with a forum like TFF which is indeed as if it under anaesthetic precisely because it brought that upon itself by recoiling at the very thought of anyone disagreeing with another.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

merse btpir wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 23:35 So how do YOU come across referring to me as: 'this Merse bloke'?

Isn't that rather derogatory? The reason I used the term 'parochial' is precisely because you refer to me as that as if I am some alien being intruding on a local discussion; or an outsider because I express a different viewpoint than someone else or even merely asking someone to quantify a statement they have made.

If you want an anesthetized level of debate you'll end up with a forum like TFF which is indeed as if it under anaesthetic precisely because it brought that upon itself by recoiling at the very thought of anyone disagreeing with another.
The same way as you decided to call me a" prima Donna" when I said I was boycotting plainmoor in my first topic, instead of realising it was my first time posting & rather naive in the art of contributing to forums you unreservedly decided go go for the jugular , you have set the boundaries you have to live by the way you come across to other people I'm afraid. A debate is a rational discussion between 2 opposing points of view, what you started with me was just a point blank insult so you can't come across as being upset if it comes back your way !
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Fair enough ~ did the club go bankrupt because you staged your 'one man boycott' then?

Anyway; you totally missed the point ~ I only asked the poster to quantify his statement that the management weren't on contracts which he has failed, or is unable to do.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I wonder if there are any studies on contributors to forums, I guess there has been.

The first question is:

why bother at all?
what is the motive for posting? I aint got a clue why I do
Are contributors to forums like this one a bit odd or normal. Mmmmmm ;-)

Well my observations are these:

Some people like to prove they are in the know, and basically everyone isn't
Some people like to try and exert some control
Some people like the sound of their own keyboard
Some people think they are special and everyone else should listen

Now why did I post all that?

Anyway I think the team has improved, improved enough to avoid relegation, who the f knows
TUST MEMBER
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

merse btpir wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 12:33 Fair enough ~ did the club go bankrupt because you staged your 'one man boycott' then?

Anyway; you totally missed the point ~ I only asked the poster to quantify his statement that the management weren't on contracts which he has failed, or is unable to do.
Love the irony Merse, a great comment from the champion point misser himself- wasn't your bold key working on that post? It's a shame that you are not a bit more parochial yourself Merse instead of setting yourself up as the greatest footballing authority in the (non-league) world. Perhaps you can run for the US Presidency in 2020 - you would surely be capable of trumping TRUMP
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Anyone is capable of trumping Trump. The bloke is an absolute feckin lunatic.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Yorkieandy wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 14:33 Anyone is capable of trumping Trump. The bloke is an absolute feckin lunatic.
What does that say about Merse then ???
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 15:09 What does that say about Merse then ???
It's a shame about your name.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Giving credit where credit is due, Owers and Kuhl have successfully improved the team's form. 'Form' being the record of the team's performance in previous 5 matches and ought to be seen as a good way of predicting our teams future performance.

Comparing all the clubs form over the last 5 matches can be used as an aid in the prediction of team's performance for future matches and ought to be a good indicator of whether we are capable of staying up. The top three clubs have all taken one point more that us over the last five games ( as can be expected). However, when you look at teams further down the table you wonder how we find ourselves in the bottom four. Take Maidenhead who sit comfortably in 13th place on 31 points and yet their form over the last five games has been D-D-D-L-D - 4 points, then look at Hartlepool one place below on 31 points who form is L-W-L-L-L = 3 points or what of 16th place Halifax on 29 points whose form has been L-L-D-L-W = 4 points. These are teams whose form suggest they are on a downward spiral where as our form suggests an upward trend.

We play Eastleigh over the festive season and a double over them would seriously drag them into the relegation mire and possibly pull us out of it if we can also take points at the in-between fixture at Boreham Wood. What of Eastleigh's form - L-D-D-L-D =3 points, so not a team without it difficulties, so its very much in our hands to take the points. If we fail to take these point our form will revert to another spiral effect and I fear game time will be running out for us to make another great escape third time round. But I am for once optimistic that we can 'chalk-up' the points over the festive period and just hope they do not become my famous last words.
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

Says it all about Torquay United. One fella goes on and gives a deserved well done to the manager and it's turned into bullshit infighting. Exactly why hardly anyone goes up to Torquay United....if it's not opinion by people who've barely kicked a football, constant barracking of the ref's decisions that are right 90% of the time, expecting lower league footballers to play like premier league footballers. I read these posts and in general it's one person showing off about their insider information. Great you know something about Torquay United.....let me bow down to you. How about making it an inclusive environment that actually encouraged people? How about thinking how it looks to people who read these posts but choose not to make any comment because some idiot is lurking to educate them! Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Neal wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 12:37 I wonder if there are any studies on contributors to forums, I guess there has been.

The first question is:

why bother at all?
what is the motive for posting? I aint got a clue why I do
Are contributors to forums like this one a bit odd or normal. Mmmmmm ;-)

Well my observations are these:

Some people like to prove they are in the know, and basically everyone isn't
Some people like to try and exert some control
Some people like the sound of their own keyboard
Some people think they are special and everyone else should listen

Now why did I post all that?
Good post, Neal. But if you amend SOME PEOPLE LIKE to ONE PERSON LIKES, you are absolutely spot on. ;-)
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Shangull wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 20:27 Says it all about Torquay United. One fella goes on and gives a deserved well done to the manager and it's turned into bullshit infighting. Exactly why hardly anyone goes up to Torquay United....if it's not opinion by people who've barely kicked a football, constant barracking of the ref's decisions that are right 90% of the time, expecting lower league footballers to play like premier league footballers. I read these posts and in general it's one person showing off about their insider information. Great you know something about Torquay United.....let me bow down to you. How about making it an inclusive environment that actually encouraged people? How about thinking how it looks to people who read these posts but choose not to make any comment because some idiot is lurking to educate them! Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing
Spot on posting. I know exactly who you are talking about !!!