Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

As certain as it was that Williams was going to score against us last weekend, its is inevitable that Nicholson will be appointed as head coach at Bath , take them into the National league in the next 3 seasons having beaten us home and away , while we slide the other way into the NLS as he waves at us on the way down .
Perhaps someone should do a match day thread of us versus Bath City now in anticipation and be done with it.
This whole debacle has made me so massively pessimistic as we seem to be more or less cursed by the devil (or another demon of your chosen belief).
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

Not if those Nicholson signs have sick notes, are icecream salesmen or past their sell-by date. Come to think of it, if he does get Bath, then maybe we could offer him some players.
Chris
TUST member 479
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Press conference

Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

2 thoughts on the press conference. 1) Very impressed by GO and MK. Very honest, speak a lot of sense, won't take any crap. 2) Those asking questions, the local press I guess, think the first was Dave Thomas, are a joke. It sounded like they were making their questions up on the spot, and some didn't make any sense. And the Old Skool comment, he's been at Reading and worked with Jaap Stam, while Nico had them weight lifting. And then he mentioned Alex Ferguson as if he was Old Skool, instead of a bloody genius. Christ...
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Dutchgull wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 19:33 Press conference

Good to see them put DT in his place for making daft statements.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Admiral wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 19:49 Good to see them put DT in his place for making daft statements.
yeah, could hear him squirming from here!
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ottery gull »

WOW, our would be Director of Football was mightily impressive!!! How embarrassing was that. ON a brighter note Manager and assistant sounded okay. No more can be said at this stage as time will tell
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Seemed ok to me as well.

Not a lot of charisma and a bit nervy I thought but they look like guys who mean business and that's ok for me
TUST MEMBER
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Kernowgull wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 19:47 2 thoughts on the press conference. 1) Very impressed by GO and MK. Very honest, speak a lot of sense, won't take any crap. 2) Those asking questions, the local press I guess, think the first was Dave Thomas, are a joke. It sounded like they were making their questions up on the spot, and some didn't make any sense. And the Old Skool comment, he's been at Reading and worked with Jaap Stam, while Nico had them weight lifting. And then he mentioned Alex Ferguson as if he was Old Skool, instead of a bloody genius. Christ...
Yes the questioning was awful as were the long pauses but in the new management team I have every confidence of a brighter future.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 19:11 As certain as it was that Williams was going to score against us last weekend, its is inevitable that Nicholson will be appointed as head coach at Bath , take them into the National league in the next 3 seasons having beaten us home and away , while we slide the other way into the NLS as he waves at us on the way down .
Perhaps someone should do a match day thread of us versus Bath City now in anticipation and be done with it.
This whole debacle has made me so massively pessimistic as we seem to be more or less cursed by the devil (or another demon of your chosen belief).
Bollocks.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Remember the forum going into meltdown, with angry, underwhelmed supporters when Martin Ling was appointed TUFC manager, and look how that nearly turned out, who ever got the job, there was always going to be some not happy with it.

Must admit to not knowing much about Owers record in coaching and management, Kuhl needs no introduction, I'm encouraged by this appointment, but of course time will tell. As for the interview, nearly fell off my chair when DT well and truly got butt-spanked by Kuhl, yep that's what's been missing around TQ1 for a long time.

They clearly don't do interviews, but who cares, they're hear to win match's, like what they had to say, of course there's no over night quick fix, but there's is plenty of time to fix the mess they've been left with.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Remind me to ask your opinion on anything that requires ONLY a one word analysis Plainmoor78.
I am still fairly sure it wasn't B>llocks that Williams scored against us . In fact it may have happened more than twice. I stand to be corrected with hopefully more than one word !
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

36 games to avoid relegation, they can talk the talk, time will tell if they can walk the walk.

Good luck to all at TUFC!
COYY!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Positive interview. Both sounded like proper football men.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 19:11 As certain as it was that Williams was going to score against us last weekend, its is inevitable that Nicholson will be appointed as head coach at Bath , take them into the National league in the next 3 seasons having beaten us home and away , while we slide the other way into the NLS as he waves at us on the way down .
The same deluded state of mind that lumbered us with that no mark in the first place!

If Nicholson were to get the Bath job ~ and they'd be mad to appoint him ~ he'd soon have the sliding down the table, unfit and in the comfort zone that has cost this club so dear for too long.

Nicholson believes that you have to be one of the boys to be a manager; for is own sake he'd better re-assess that pretty darned quick!