Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I'm one of GI's fiercest critics on here but they have sacked 2 of the management team, which will have cost them and appointed 2 more. I cant see any other reason than it being a football decision.

I havnt changed my mind about them, but these guys look like they mean business, and I think and hope its football business!
TUST MEMBER
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I really like the look of these two from what I have read and now seen in the video. Yes, a ball hasnt been kicked yet but there is just something making me feel positive, which cant be a bad thing.

They arent going to stand for any nonsense thats for sure. Mr Thomas had better be more careful with the phrasing of his questions next time. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

merse btpir wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 21:16 The same deluded state of mind that lumbered us with that no mark in the first place!

Nicholson believes that you have to be one of the boys to be a manager; for is own sake he'd better re-assess that pretty darned quick!
On the first point I cant comment as it makes no sense whatsoever !
On the second I will have to accept that you actually know the bloke personally to make such comments.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't see how anyone could be at least mildly optimistic after listening to those two, (other than of course one fool who is till banging on about Brett Williams and Nicholson)

They are the first people this season who have actually stated that we desperately needed a win which is refreshing in itself.

Khul looks like he is ready to deck somebody. He certainly scares me.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Agree that these two look like they can get us out of the mire. I liked the way they thought before speaking and answered succinctly. Neither spoke just for the sake of it.

A credible start - hope they can manufacture that first win sooner rather than later.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I have to say that everything I have read about the manager has been very positive, while his assistant has loads of coaching ability. Both their comments at the press conference and Gary's on the Herald's podcast sound good.

Their remit as Gary commented on the podcast is clearly to make us better, develop young players and sell them on.

Finally, an experienced management team and in the next ten games I think we will actually win a game or two. An excellent new team.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

[quote=midtable post_id=213193 time=1505433175 user_id=19364]
I Finally, an experienced management team and in the next ten games I think we will actually win a game or two. An excellent new team.
[/quote

As much as I want to hip hip hooray the new appointments of Ower's and Kuhl, you have in your optimism, hit at the crux of the matter, "we will actually win a game" in the next ten. Unfortunately, 6 points from 20 games is bang on relegation fodder. You will need to raise your optimism equally as Torquay need to raise their game.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Well that was an awkward watch.

No fault of the incoming head and assistant coach but the format set up was awful with long pauses whilst people thought of questions to ask. THAT question/statement by DT was a shocker - only made worse by talking over the answer they were giving to try to justify it!

In honesty the interview they gave at the beginning of the podcast was far better.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

brucie wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 22:02
Kuhl looks like he is ready to deck somebody.
Quite possible! He resigned his position as Assistant Manager at Wycombe, a week after being suspended by them .... for allegedly (well according to the Daily Mail anyway) punching one of his own players (Scott Donnelly) on the team coach! :clap: He was also sent to the stand once after an "incident" with Paul Raynor 👍 .... which surely makes him a TUFC hero already!!!

Just what we need I reckon! He'll soon sort this lot out.

On a more serious note though, his Manager at the time - Gary Waddock (now back at Aldershot) had this to say about Kuhly immediately after that game ...

"I missed Kuhly on the bench. We have a fantastic relationship. He is an excellent coach and Assistant Manager and we discuss things during the course of the game and we are always thinking.
"When he is not there I do miss him. It is a partnership. From day one we clicked straightaway. He is a fantastic guy to have as an Assistant Manager and I can't speak highly enough of him"
Last edited by CP Gull on 15 Sep 2017, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

brucie wrote (about Mr. Kuhl) 'he scares me'. Don't worry, brucie, I'll stand up for you.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I predict fireworks ahead - and not just on Bonfire Night!
We are about to become 'competitive'!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I hadn't heard that about Kuhl but that's really funny. After Nicholson massaging their bruised egos god knows what the palyers are going to make of Mad Martin.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

brucie wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 11:21 I hadn't heard that about Kuhl but that's really funny. After Nicholson massaging their bruised egos god knows what the palyers are going to make of Mad Martin.
I did my research on Gary Owers Brucie. In their recent game against Truro he was banished to the dressing room for the second half. He was locked in for saying something to the ref. If you look on You Tube you will find the link to his post match reaction. Hilarious 😂 At least we have two people with passion in charge!!!
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

nickbod wrote:Yes the questioning was awful as were the long pauses but in the new management team I have every confidence of a brighter future.
Blimey Nick, if even you think it's going to be a brighter future, then even I am even more optimistic now :lol:
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

SatNav wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 11:38 I did my research on Gary Owers Brucie. In their recent game against Truro he was banished to the dressing room for the second half. He was locked in for saying something to the ref. If you look on You Tube you will find the link to his post match reaction. Hilarious 😂 At least we have two people with passion in charge!!!
Link here -
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/