Talking Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Talking Torquay

Post by stevegull »

Hello all

You've probably seen my slyly plug the Torquay United podcast Talking Torquay on some other posts so I thought I'd give it a home in this thread.

From now on I'll post links to the podcast on this topic and I'll also post our discussion topics on here so you can all get involved before the podcast goes to air with what you have to say. We want this to be YOUR podcast so the more people engage, the better.

If you're new to the party we're just two Torquay fans trying to create some nice Torquay United content and discuss the issues that are on your mind! We occasionally source interviews with people of note, so have a scroll through the back catalogue if a particular interviewee is of interest.

Episode 15 is here:
SoundCloud - http://bit.ly/2ztua82
iTunes - http://apple.co/2yhIBJ8

This week we talk Friday night football and fans' first matches at Plainmoor. Were you there for any of them? We were a bit young! o:)

Feedback welcome! :scarf:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Awesome stuff guys. Will add you on SoundCloud and catch up on lost podcasts. Really enjoy podcasts myself and just to plug a podcast completely off topic that I love listening to on SoundCloud is called the retrohour. Which is two guys called dan and ravvi who talk all stuff retro gaming which is a passion of mine aswell as torquay united gossip past and the present.
Friday night games and first experience is stuff has been talked about on the new history section Louis has added on here. When I get time I've some stuff to post on history section. I actually just about remember the Saturday night games which got banned after the wolves yobs in 1986.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 20:28 Awesome stuff guys. Will add you on SoundCloud and catch up on lost podcasts. Really enjoy podcasts myself and just to plug a podcast completely off topic that I love listening to on SoundCloud is called the retrohour. Which is two guys called dan and ravvi who talk all stuff retro gaming which is a passion of mine aswell as torquay united gossip past and the present.
Friday night games and first experience is stuff has been talked about on the new history section Louis has added on here. When I get time I've some stuff to post on history section. I actually just about remember the Saturday night games which got banned after the wolves yobs in 1986.
I'm partial to the gaming community... I'll check it out!

And thanks so much for taking the time to listen to our podcast!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

stevegull wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 20:25 I'm partial to the gaming community... I'll check it out!

And thanks so much for taking the time to listen to our podcast!
Retro hour 2 guys called dan and ravvi...check them out ...your podcast is great but they have a really good format they use and I'm sure will be useful to you
Old school gaming and computing which I'm mad on. I still do some basic programming on my acorn electron.also do a lot on a raspberri pi if any fellow gulls fans use.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Perhaps you have done a 1 minute podcast saying why you could not do a podcast this week or even mentioned it here. My money is on one of you going to Ibiza or a gaming conference.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

midtable wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 22:10 Perhaps you have done a 1 minute podcast saying why you could not do a podcast this week or even mentioned it here. My money is on one of you going to Ibiza or a gaming conference.
An excellent idea! If we had thought about it we would have done exactly that! We just posted about there being no podcast this week on our own various social feeds, apologies if you missed the message.

If you think one of me or Ryan has gone to Ibiza then you really don't know either of us! :~D

Basically, I was dreadfully ill this week and the thought of cold-sweating my way through a podcast wasn't a good one. Normal service will be resumed next week!

:scarf:
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

The next podcast of Talking Torquay has been released in to the wild.

This week, Ryan and I can finally talk about a win as we talk about Sutton, argue over the pronunciation of Guy [French striker] and discuss Paul Sturrock's offer to help our ailing strike force.

SoundCloud: http://bit.ly/2zctOQd

iTunes: http://apple.co/2zcnS9U

Feel free to let us know what you think and we'll adapt as necessary!
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Hello one and all,

Just a quick message to point you in the direction of Episode 17 of Talking Torquay. Great to be back recording after another win. We talk all about the Leyton Orient win, look back at the best opposing players we've seen at Plainmoor (we really show our age at that point of the podcast!) and look ahead to this weekend's Aldershot game.

Any feedback or ideas would be welcomed, we're always looking to improve. Coyy!

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Good morning all (or whenever you're reading this!)...

We've just put Episode 18 out and it's ready for your ears. We discuss at length Saturday's draw at home to Aldershot, who impressed, who didn't as well as looking ahead to the Tranmere game at the weekend, would you take a point now?

As well as all the post and pre-match chatter we look ahead to the new year, asking the question of who stays & who goes in terms of non-contract/loan players.

Once again, be sure to let us know what you think because we're in the process of planning a Christmas special, more on that to come...

midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

As we have had almost 30 players appearing this season it might be time to find out what some of them are up to. For instance, seeing Chinua Cole on Twitter I remember he did fine for us, is still getting credit in the local London papers but played last Saturday in front of a crowd of 107.
You never seem to mention the legend that is Rory Fallon but surely it is time to do a tasting session of The Cowlick Creamery. Is it a great loss to football and at best a draw for ice-cream?
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

A tasting session at The Cowlick Creamery?! Sign me up! Let's hope Fallon doesn't melt under the pressure... :)
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

It's that time of the week folk, another Talking Torquay available for your ears.

This week we discuss the two games since our last chat, brush over topics such as Owers' team selection, options in the final third and what's next for United. Enjoy...

coyy

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Christmas special this week, right off the back of a humbling 4-0 defeat is always good.

It's a good'n as we hear from Chris Hargreaves on the trials of football over the festive period and hear all about Christmas in the Hargreaves household. Let us know what you think!

#tufc :scarf:
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Was your new year's resolution to listen to more podcasts? 🤔

The first Talking Torquay of 2018 has a fair few topics to discuss. We start with the Christmas period then get an insight in to what we can expect from Alex Fletcher from Plymouth Herald journalist David Munday.

We also discuss the Carlton Cole rumours that were doing the rounds on social media last night. So yeah, plenty to sink your teeth in to!

ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

This week's podcast is live and ready for your ears. This week's got a little serious as we discuss all things from Eastleigh to relegation and the dreaded (and looking likely) National League South. We've given our opinions on just a few of the questions that need to be asked about the club's immediate and long-term future. We hope you enjoy...

coyy!