Torquay United v Maidstone FA Trophy

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Torquay United v Maidstone FA Trophy

Post by arcadia »

Lets go and win it. :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I can 100 percent say we will not beat Maidenhead on Saturday for one irrefutable reason . In fact there will be no shots on goal by any team, no goals ,no yellow or red cards and like the last time we played them , they simply will not turn up. This time for the entire 90 minutes.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 03:41 I can 100 percent say we will not beat Maidenhead on Saturday for one irrefutable reason . In fact there will be no shots on goal by any team, no goals ,no yellow or red cards and like the last time we played them , [glow=red]they simply will not turn up[/glow]. This time for the entire 90 minutes.
:nod: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Maybe the thread title just reflects the apathy and disdain that some supporters hold the fa trophy in.
Of course if Torquay beat Maidstone and maidenhead manage to overcome woking, and the two sides get drawn together in the next round then Arcadia can claim to have special powers of foresight.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's what I was thinking when I had a very quick read of the forum last night, thought I'd leave it, and see how long it would be, before someone posted we're playing Maidstone :)

Anyway, taking a rain check today, like most have little interest on this.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

You had me thinking did I post it wrong! It could be a release valve for the players I just hope so. We deserve a bit of good fortune.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 03:41 I can 100 percent say we will not beat Maidenhead on Saturday for one irrefutable reason . In fact there will be no shots on goal by any team, no goals ,no yellow or red cards and like the last time we played them , they simply will not turn up. This time for the entire 90 minutes.
100% agree.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

York won the thing the other year whilst fighting a relegation battle which they ultimately lost. They now languish just above mid table in the NLN.

The team they beat in the final?

Macclesfield Town.

Currently on the up and sitting proudly at the top of the NL.

Give this cup a swerve and concentrate on the league or risk becoming the southern York.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I’m with Andy on this one. Not fussed about today’s game and won’t be upset if we go out. The fact that GO is using it as an opportunity to give game time to returning players suggests he has a broadly similar approach.

I don’t mind if we won today or the next round tbf, as those games don’t impact on the league schedule and can give a chance to build momentum. But once we are in the realms of wholesale rescheduling of league matches I’m happy for us to be out.

I think the last few trophy finals have involved a relegated team - enhancing the reputation as a booby prize. Sure, prize money and a trip to Wembley is nice but not at the expense of survival
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Tuned in late. I read we are 1 down. Have heard JMW, Dowling and Gnabouyou. What’s the X1?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Pittman also starting. Sounds like back three are the same. Young, Reid and JBB also playing, making 10.

Not heard if it’s Clarke in goal?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Radio Devon down just as the commentator was getting excited. Think he may have kicked a lead out. I want us to win and have a run in the competition as it increases the likelihood of more Tuesday night matches and we pick up more points on Tuesday nights. Besides, we’ve already played more matches and you can end up having a free Saturday if your opposition are still in it. Barrow (h) on February 3rd, when 3rd Round games are to be played, is the first time there may be a clash with the FA Trophy as 2nd Round (Saturday 13th Jan) is also a National League Free weekend.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 16 Dec 2017, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

0:2 now and it was another poor goal to give away.

Yep, Clarke’s in goal.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

HT 0:2

The atmosphere here is very toxic. Players have just been booed off at HT and Owers is coming in for a bit of stick.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 15:49 0:2 now and it was another poor goal to give away.

Yep, Clarke’s in goal.
Cheers for the update. Radio Devon commentary I’m getting from Exeter is saying it is still 0-0, which I knew wasn’t right!!!