TUST Updates

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
alitufc
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

TUST Updates

Post by alitufc »

Today, after our TUST board meeting last night, we unanimously agreed upon this action. I have posted a letter to Mr Osborne on behalf of the board, our members and I believe a large number of our supporter base. This letter contains several questions which cover most of the concerns that we currently have. I believe, through reading the various fans forums for a number of weeks and listening to a wide range of supporters, that these questions are also now of general concern in terms of our club.

We have requested that Mr Osborne kindly gives us a response to these questions in the next few days, in order to, clarify the future situation on and off the field. We, the TUST board plan to meet again at the end of next week and will release another statement shortly afterwards, hopefully by which time we will have received a reply.

I need to acknowledge that, as already many have commented on, many improvements have been evident behind the scenes at Plainmoor. Also, certain areas have been more fully resourced and a return of the Torquay United Youth Academy has been very encouraging and welcomed by most supporters. Furthermore, the TUST have been very pleased to have, together with a joint initiative with TUFC, re-established regular meetings with representatives of the Club and ourselves.

Meanwhile, I am aware that many supporters, who are not members of TUST, are unaware of the initiatives or are misinformed about the activities TUST has been involved in over the last few years. We regularly inform our members with monthly newsletters, bulletins and through general meetings, the most recent being our AGM in December. The most important thing you can do is join the TUST both to inform yourself and hopefully become more pro-active within the organisation. We have a strong membership base, but we need many more. It is not just your subscriptions we need, albeit they do contribute to the action fund, it is having you on board and fully informed.

JOIN THE TUST HERE! (www.torquaysupporters.co.uk). If you would prefer an application form, please email [email protected] and I can arrange to send one out, or I am always at Plainmoor on match days.

Mike / Michel Thomas
TUST Chairman
pp. TUST Board
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Have you discussed the relegation to Conf south. I’m a member but you seem to have bi-passed the discussion of relegation
Lucy
Matt Gorman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Matt Gorman »

Further to Ali's note, the website address which hasn't linked in the statement is www.torquaysupporters.co.uk

Matt
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I see there is a Facebook page as well https://www.facebook.com/TUSTCOYY/
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 22:56 Have you discussed the relegation to Conf south. I’m a member but you seem to have bi-passed the discussion of relegation
I wouldn't have thought team matters came under TUSTs remit.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

rickl wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 09:20 I see there is a Facebook page as well https://www.facebook.com/TUSTCOYY/
I believe that is the old inactive page, a few of us have offered to create a new, active social media platform.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Admiral wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 10:01 I believe that is the old inactive page, a few of us have offered to create a new, active social media platform.
Looks like it for sure. Don't know how easy it might be to find out who created this page and if it is possible to continue using it instead of creating a new one.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've taken this quote from Michel Thomas and to be honest I'm pretty stunned at the lack of foresight.

Most who know me will know that I've never been a fan of trusts or trust ownership but like others I've come to realise that our only way out of this whole mess with Clarke Osborne is for the fans to unite and work towards some kind of fan ownership. To this end I was hoping to see someone today and offer what little help I can and join the trust with a financial commitment too. I was absolutely astounded by this reply from Mr Thomas as I feel any chance to meet fans face to face and enlighten them as to the seriousness of our situation is an opportunity not to be missed.

The best and easiest way to get in touch, for us and for you, is to go to our dedicated website and send an email.Just to remind you, it is clearly indicated
below the recent TUST statement. We will then try to answer you as soon as we can.We are not looking to recruit members whilst at Plainmoor. However, if you know us, we are happy to have a chat. If you don't, just contact us beforehand.We are working at being more visible, and felt on this occasion we would make our statement available to all supporters. Normally, we would obviously post through our monthly newsletters and bulletins to our members.Personally, I am hoping that we can all establish some unity in our concern for some clarity,then to work towards a sustainable future for our beloved club.

I appreciate that the people running TUST are giving up their time for free, genuinely I do, but I find this attitude simply staggering and there isn't a cat in hells chance of the fans working towards the end goal of acquiring the club from the dirty mits of Osborne while this attitude prevails. Sending a monthly newsletter to members isn't going to achieve anything. Leaflets handed out to fans explaining the severity of the situation is one step and so is engaging people through social media. Too many fans are still oblivious to the real situation and while the trust take this attitude it'll stay that way.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 20:27 I've taken this quote from Michel Thomas and to be honest I'm pretty stunned at the lack of foresight.

Most who know me will know that I've never been a fan of trusts or trust ownership but like others I've come to realise that our only way out of this whole mess with Clarke Osborne is for the fans to unite and work towards some kind of fan ownership. To this end I was hoping to see someone today and offer what little help I can and join the trust with a financial commitment too. I was absolutely astounded by this reply from Mr Thomas as I feel any chance to meet fans face to face and enlighten them as to the seriousness of our situation is an opportunity not to be missed.

The best and easiest way to get in touch, for us and for you, is to go to our dedicated website and send an email.Just to remind you, it is clearly indicated
below the recent TUST statement. We will then try to answer you as soon as we can.We are not looking to recruit members whilst at Plainmoor. However, if you know us, we are happy to have a chat. If you don't, just contact us beforehand.We are working at being more visible, and felt on this occasion we would make our statement available to all supporters. Normally, we would obviously post through our monthly newsletters and bulletins to our members.Personally, I am hoping that we can all establish some unity in our concern for some clarity,then to work towards a sustainable future for our beloved club.

I appreciate that the people running TUST are giving up their time for free, genuinely I do, but I find this attitude simply staggering and there isn't a cat in hells chance of the fans working towards the end goal of acquiring the club from the dirty mits of Osborne while this attitude prevails. Sending a monthly newsletter to members isn't going to achieve anything. Leaflets handed out to fans explaining the severity of the situation is one step and so is engaging people through social media. Too many fans are still oblivious to the real situation and while the trust take this attitude it'll stay that way.

Bingo. :bow:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The truth of the matter is that if we had scrapped a win yesterday, no one would be discussing the TUST today.
Most supports don’t give two hoots and are very suspicious when it come to handing over £2 a month.
It’s only the failure on the pitch which have gotten people discussing the TUST again.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Speak for yourself, Kev.

I would have written exactly the same if we had won 5 nil.
Dave

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 15:38 Speak for yourself, Kev.

I would have written exactly the same if we had won 5 nil.
Most Dave not all, as I’m fairly certain that you have privvy information.

I became a TUST member with the disgraceful sacking of KN and although my contribution is only a drop in the ocean, it may be of use sooner rather than later.

KN was managed out of TUFC and the club has been mismanaged ever since.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I wear my heart on my sleeve and maybe I have overreacted, but I find it baffling that the Chairman of TUST can't see the importance of engaging with fans on a match day. Unfortunately I seem to have upset others on the TUST which wasn't my intention at all.

I've made no secret of my dislike and distrust of any 'body of people' representing 'me' however it's become increasingly obvious that community ownership is the only way we'll get rid of Osborne so to that end I have for the first time in my life put my personal feelings aside on this subject and would support TUST in any way I can. To then find out that they won't even reveal to members the contents of their letter to Osborne and their reluctance to lobby fans at games merely confirmed my original objections to such organisations.

I'll speak to Matt Gorman who has already explained plenty in his email to me and it's blindingly obvious that they need help so with that in mind I'll do whatever I can to help. I encourage others to do the same because I genuinely fear for the future of our club.

Let nobody be fooled by the moves Osborne makes, he's a devious man who has reneged on every pledge he's made regarding the building of stadia at well documented sporting venues. If people don't wake up to the perils of having this man in charge of our clubs future we'll be gone in the blink of an eye. I've not supported another club my whole life, without TUFC I don't have anything, Premiership football doesn't interest me and I'm sure Merse and plenty of others feel the same.

Now is the time to unite, not the end of the season, not next year, NOW!!!!
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I should also add that Chris Fleet makes some excellent points in his post today, people like him. Merse a few others I can't name without revealing their usernames on here, these are the people that need to become leaders before its too late.
Dave

Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I am a member of the Trust but have done little other than pay my monthly subs, contributre to the lottery and make a lump sum available when requested. The Trust is a members organisation and will go in a direction that the members want. Its actions will reflect the membership. So sign up.
Last edited by Lloyder5 on 14 Jan 2018, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
TUST number 080