Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

In a few years he may be an octogenarian or the way the club are performing seem that he's reached it sooner
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

lucy6lucy wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 21:46 46k loss, how must Thea be thinking losing 3 million . He's a bookmaker he can recoup that easily. However I do applaud him initially for taking the club over. It's a poisoned chalice and it shouldn't be.
I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Dave Phillips after what he board did, despite having respect for him stepping up to the plate at a time when few others would. However it should be noted that the Bristows won £15m, even accounting for their other activities, that £3m wasn't a huge hit to their finances or life quality. Thea is probably still worth £9/10m. That £46k likely represents a much larger relative % of his wealth than Thea's losses.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Who knows with thea , but to be honest I feel uncomfortable very much with what she put into it and what she got out of it. I know tragic circumstances with Paul , but it doesn't sit well with me.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 10:38 Who knows with thea , but to be honest I feel uncomfortable very much with what she put into it and what she got out of it. I know tragic circumstances with Paul , but it doesn't sit well with me.
It wasn't great and she was taken for a ride by many of her board members/Kelvin Thomas during the 'second incarnation' of that group, once Rowe and the Boyce Brothers amongst others had left and a lot of the business expertise departed. However she's not exactly living in the poor house, I dare say she's still more wealthy than everyone posting on his message board.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Not point though dingdong. Every pound she put it should have been treated with the same merit as every pound I put into the club.
It's nothing to do with how much she has or hasn't got it what house she may or may not have.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

There is a fascinating account of Clarke Osborne’s various business interests and history on BTPIR, unearthed by Haldon Rambler and I read it thinking how a supporter with access to the internet has found information accessible in the public domain and simply used it to ask questions.

This information is out there. It is an absolute disgrace that Jim Parker and David Thomas can not get off their smug, lazy arses to find out the same information and ask the same questions. It’s a a dereliction of duty to the community they profess to speak for. But they don’t speak for the community at all, do they? They speak for vested interests, the local hobnobs and to not rock the boat in their little cosy world.

The fact that information is easily accessible, regarding Clarke Osborne’s dubious record when it comes to building stadiums, and the Herald WILL NOT PRINT, suggests something a little underhand. The implication they peddle that fans are only worried because of what is happening on the pitch, is an insult to the intelligence of supporters and is a smokescreen to the very real dangers facing this club under the ownership of Clarke Osborne.

Regarding David Phillips, well, whilst I would not want to see any man with modest means lose such a significant sum, he played his part in this. He could have really pushed the community ownership option and if fans thought that was all that was on offer, then I suspect as you see at any other football club, they would have got behind it but Phillips blocked that option, messed TUST about and led them a merry dance. Who knows, perhaps he could have saved his £46k had he been more open to TUST.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Perhaps they listened to Mark Horler and now believe the club is in good hands....................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I'm of the view that the main opponents to community ownership and hence, the trust were Merv Balson and Pete Masters.

Too aloof and arrogant to admit they needed educating on the concept and dismissed it out of hand because they couldn't see it paying next month's overheads.

Has anyone on here ever had experience of these two men even approaching the ordinary fan?

I've been told that Balson is a very sick man now, and I'm sorry to hear that; but in God's name what were they thinking?

It's their ignorance and superiority complex that lead the club into this nightmare in my view.......at least Dave Phillips talks and listens to people.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Wish I had more business intelligence. Don't know about anyone else but some umbelivabe digging about ECT. But could do with a simplified version of events in a time line to make sense of it all .
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

Southampton Gull wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 11:08 Perhaps they listened to Mark Horler and now believe the club is in good hands....................
If you listen to anyone on the Yellow Army FB group, you'll get an aneurysm. At least most of them have finally come around to the idea that Clarke Osborne is distinctly dodgy at best.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 11:12 .......at least Dave Phillips talks and listens to people.
Like that made any difference? One minute he's talking about them as not the best of bedfellows and the next he's having a night of rumpy pumpy with them before realising they were a cheap hooker and took him to the cleaners.

He didn't listen very well then did he?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 11:45 Like that made any difference? One minute he's talking about them as not the best of bedfellows and the next he's having a night of rumpy pumpy with them before realising they were a cheap hooker and took him to the cleaners.

He didn't listen very well then did he?
Typical bloke. :red:
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

hector wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 11:04 There is a fascinating account of Clarke Osborne’s various business interests and history on BTPIR, unearthed by Haldon Rambler and I read it thinking how a supporter with access to the internet has found information accessible in the public domain and simply used it to ask questions.

The fact that information is easily accessible, regarding Clarke Osborne’s record when it comes to building stadiums, and the Herald WILL NOT PRINT, suggests something a little underhand.
Agreed. Over a number of separate posts dealing with each location Haldon Rambler sets out a timeline of Osborne's involvement at Hereford, Bristol and locations where new stadia has been talked about by Osborne and not materialised. The cross reference to filed accounts during the relevant periods is most enlightening.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Rjc70 wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 16:11Over a number of separate posts dealing with each location Haldon Rambler sets out a timeline of Osborne's involvement at Hereford, Bristol and locations where new stadia has been talked about by Osborne and not materialised. The cross reference to filed accounts during the relevant periods is most enlightening.
The contributor has been painstakingly thorough in his research and is adding a mountain of evidence as to why Clarke Osborne is never to be trusted with the freehold of Plainmoor or indeed of any home for Torquay United.

If 'Nick' can do this; if BTPIR and this forum can do this, then so can Jim 'Idle' Parker and his equally lazy team of so called journalists at that damned awful snoozepaper!

He's sent me a whole new file of stuff on Osborne today and it will be exposed through the coming week as we keep up the pressure on the local council, mayor and the TDA in order to do all we can to prevent him ever getting his way.

It's called 'due diligence' Parker; and well you know it!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Some work going on here and on the Penn inn forum. It's above me some of the stuff , clearly one word is trust. Can osborne be trusted no. What part of his history tells you that he can be trusted. None.

He is clearly a clever businessmen