Current Form in the National League.

Discuss all the latest news at Plainmoor with fans.

Topic author
portugull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1110
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 19:27
Favourite player: lee mansell

Current Form in the National League.

Post by portugull » 10 Feb 2018, 19:46

After today's games we now have 6 Clubs in the bottom 9 who have failed to win a single game out of the last 5 fixtures.

They are Maidstone,Halifax, Hartlepool,Barrow,Chester and Guiseley.

Also Dagenham have lost 5 in a row and are due at Plainmoor next Saturday.
Guiseley have also lost 5 in a row.

Having taken 7 points from the last 9 can we beat Dagenham, Sutton and AFC Fylde and take 16 from 18. This would really give us a chance and remember we beat Sutton 1-0 away when they were top of the League.


Paignton boy

Post by Paignton boy » 10 Feb 2018, 20:40

Then after that we have Maidstone, Orient, Solihull Moors, Chester and Guisley so if we can win say 2 out of our next three home games I think we have a chance!


tomogull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 2421
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 10:49
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull » 11 Feb 2018, 00:22

portugull wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 19:46
After today's games we now have 6 Clubs in the bottom 9 who have failed to win a single game out of the last 5 fixtures.

They are Maidstone,Halifax, Hartlepool,Barrow,Chester and Guiseley.

Also Dagenham have lost 5 in a row and are due at Plainmoor next Saturday.
Guiseley have also lost 5 in a row.

Having taken 7 points from the last 9 can we beat Dagenham, Sutton and AFC Fylde and take 16 from 18. This would really give us a chance and remember we beat Sutton 1-0 away when they were top of the League.
I hope those straws you are clutching aren't plastic, Portugull ......... ;-)


lucy6lucy
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1761
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 21:13
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Location: Wigan

Post by lucy6lucy » 11 Feb 2018, 02:11

One game at a time. That's the best logic.
Lucy


Topic author
portugull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1110
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 19:27
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull » 11 Feb 2018, 19:01

Like It tomogull!!!


nickbrod
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1357
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 08:48
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by nickbrod » 11 Feb 2018, 19:14

portugull wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 19:46
After today's games we now have 6 Clubs in the bottom 9 who have failed to win a single game out of the last 5 fixtures.

They are Maidstone,Halifax, Hartlepool,Barrow,Chester and Guiseley.

Also Dagenham have lost 5 in a row and are due at Plainmoor next Saturday.
Guiseley have also lost 5 in a row.

Having taken 7 points from the last 9 can we beat Dagenham, Sutton and AFC Fylde and take 16 from 18. This would really give us a chance and remember we beat Sutton 1-0 away when they were top of the League.
Having Gowling fit and keeping Romain would help.


desperado
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jan 2017, 19:03
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado » 11 Feb 2018, 19:52

We need Sutton to play well and get a result on tuesday (Barrow) but not the following tuesday, we do need
Barrow , Hartlepool, Halifax to drop points (and hope 47/ 48 may be enough) or they could easily get away from us
with a couple of wins


nickbrod
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1357
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 08:48
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by nickbrod » 11 Feb 2018, 20:33

Also in the equation is that Hartlepool are close to administration and - 10 points.


Modgull
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 838
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 23:13
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Location: Modbury

Post by Modgull » 13 Feb 2018, 08:24

nickbrod wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 20:33
Also in the equation is that Hartlepool are close to administration and - 10 points.
I thought the threat had been removed by the supporters appeal for funds?
Phil

It's a marathon, not a sprint but sometimes even marathons are a foregone conclusion!


haz316
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 31
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:32
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 » 13 Feb 2018, 12:08

Can elliott romain play against dagenham ??


budegull1954
First Team
First Team
Posts: 153
Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 21:06
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 » 13 Feb 2018, 13:00

He's not eligible to play as he's on loan from his parent club. He could play if he was a permanent signing.

User avatar

MellowYellow
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 655
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 15:26
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow » 13 Feb 2018, 13:28

Modgull wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 08:24
nickbrod wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 20:33
Also in the equation is that Hartlepool are close to administration and - 10 points.
I thought the threat had been removed by the supporters appeal for funds?
The appeal fund is enough to continue to trade and fulfil fixtures for the month of February then they need a white knight to fund their ongoing monthly costs of a £150,000 plus to continue or go into administration. I hope they succeed, I don't want to escape relegation at the expense of Pools misfortune- we all know how it feels to be in their predicament.
KEEP THE FAITH!
Image
TUFC


merse btpir
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1450
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 10:58
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir » 13 Feb 2018, 14:10

MellowYellow wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 13:28
I don't want to escape relegation at the expense of Pools misfortune- we all know how it feels to be in their predicament.
I'd take that any day!

I'm sorry but running your club efficiently off the field is every bit as important as organising it on the field properly and getting results ~ something that seems to have been lost around TQ1 for too long now as well.


Teigngull
First Team
First Team
Posts: 194
Joined: 12 Nov 2017, 14:22
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher
Location: TUST MEMBER 488

Post by Teigngull » 13 Feb 2018, 15:36

MellowYellow wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 13:28
Modgull wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 08:24
nickbrod wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 20:33
Also in the equation is that Hartlepool are close to administration and - 10 points.
I thought the threat had been removed by the supporters appeal for funds?
The appeal fund is enough to continue to trade and fulfil fixtures for the month of February then they need a white knight to fund their ongoing monthly costs of a £150,000 plus to continue or go into administration. I hope they succeed, I don't want to escape relegation at the expense of Pools misfortune- we all know how it feels to be in their predicament.
Who are we to look a gift horse in the mouth ? When Stevenage were denied their place in the football league because their ground wasn't up to Football League standards in place of our good selves , did we say we felt sorry for them & wished it wasn't the case ?
No , of course we bloody well didn't , so I'm with Merse on this one, Hartlepool should put their house in order & run their club within their financial means, if that means certain delegations so be it.
We all have a budget to work or live to, if you have a £1 in your pocket by try & spend £10 ? My old man used go say if you borrowed a fiver it would cost a tenner to pay it back, my lesson was learned very quickly & I've lived by that motto ever since & I've never been rich or cash strapped either.
And this philosophy should be adopted by all lower league football clubs inc TUFC , then we might see competitive football at a reasonable price.


Teigngull
First Team
First Team
Posts: 194
Joined: 12 Nov 2017, 14:22
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher
Location: TUST MEMBER 488

Post by Teigngull » 13 Feb 2018, 15:38

I meant relegation not delegations, bloody predictive text.

Post Reply