Meet TUST at Maidenhead

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Meet TUST at Maidenhead

Post by merse btpir »

Meet TUST at Maidenhead.......

Gathering at the Bell, Maidenhead
Saturday 10th

Due to the postponement of the Leyton Orient match, TUST have now arranged for a meet up with London Exiles this Saturday, 1pm, at the Bell, which is next to the Maidenhead ground and railway station.

Michel Thomas, TUST chairman is travelling up on the supporters' coach, eta 1pm. He will pleased to talk to anyone, answer questions, receive feedback, or just say hello. If you do not know him he will be wearing a yellow flower!

The Bell
95 - 97 King Street, Maidenhead SL6 1DP
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yeah, got the email about it. I won't be attending but it's another pro-active step forward from the TUST and great to see further engagement between both them and fans, in this case exiled ones in the South East.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive meeting and the Gulls can somehow come away with the 3 points afterwards!

As ever, any comments anyone is willing to impart on here about the meeting would be gratefully received. Thanks.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 13:00 Yeah, got the email about it.[highlight=yellow] I won't be attending[/highlight] but it's another pro-active step forward from the TUST and great to see further engagement between both them and fans, in this case exiled ones in the South East.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive meeting and the Gulls can somehow come away with the 3 points afterwards!

As ever, any comments anyone is willing to impart on here about the meeting would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Tell us something we don't know! :keepie:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 13:33 Tell us something we don't know! :keepie:

I take it you'll be there though so that's great for everybody. :}
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 08 Feb 2018, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

TUST_Member_Andy

Means whether i attend or not i have the same 'importance' as you. ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I think it's time we put to bed that being an exile living further away from TQ1 than affordability allows regular or (even occasional attendance)
does not diminish from the commitment of any supporter.

Don't forget that it was four such exiles who initially took the premise of a supporters trust down to Torquay and it is the local support who maintain and keep it running.

Don't forget that at pretty much every away match the impressive numbers of fans turning out to support the club do so from homes that are nearer the actual location of the game than those hardy souls who regularly use the Travel Club transport.

That is the way of the world for most provincial football clubs these days and it does not make anyone any more or less of a supporter than any other.
Last edited by merse btpir on 08 Feb 2018, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 12:55 Meet TUST at Maidenhead.......

Michel Thomas, TUST chairman is travelling up on the supporters' coach, eta 1pm. He will pleased to talk to anyone, answer questions, receive feedback, or just say hello. If you do not know him he will be wearing a yellow flower!

Harrop will be there sporting a white feather ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

............and Thea will be carrying her clackers whilst her travelling funeral director will be carrying her handbag

Helen will be nowhere to be seen because we no longer serve to promote her fading career and Dave Thomas will still pretend it's all down to not having Steve Cooper playing up front and running through brick walls! :clap:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The Herald will lead with a sunny photographic view of piles of aluminium packed on ikea crates in South Wales destined for their new home in Swindon, so Gulls fans, keyboard warriors, and residents of Babbacombe Model Village have nothing to fear...............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 14:15
Harrop will be there sporting a white feather ;-)
And an empty bag of crisps !
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

OK Merse we will put the exile issue to bed as long as you put the Nicholson issue to bed
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 14:00 [highlight=yellow]I think it's time we put to bed that being an exile living further away from TQ1 than affordability allows regular or (even occasional attendance)does not diminish from the commitment of any supporter.[/highlight]

Don't forget that it was four such exiles who initially took the premise of a supporters trust down to Torquay and it is the local support who maintain and keep it running.

Don't forget that at pretty much every away match the impressive numbers of fans turning out to support the club do so from homes that are nearer the actual location of the game than those hardy souls who regularly use the Travel Club transport.

That is the way of the world for most provincial football clubs these days and it does not make anyone any more or less of a supporter than any other.
Totally agree Merse.

It really does make my P155 boil with the "I'm a better fan than you" b*llocks! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Post by ministander »

Well, completely off topic, BUT. how annoyed am i, bloody orient game off, my only away game this season, hotel and plane booked and paid for 4 months ago!! now there are 4 of us having to go on the P1ss in London for the weekend, .... o well every cloud etc etc!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

ministander wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 10:00.......now there are 4 of us having to go on the P1ss in London for the weekend, .... o well every cloud etc etc!!
Recommend:
Wingate & Finchley v Dulwich Hamlet
Maurice Rebak Stadium
Summers Lane, Finchley, N12 0PD
Kick-off 3pm

Adults - £12
Conc (OAP, student, unemployed) - £6
U16 - £3
U12 - FREE

A potentially excellent fixture between two really good footballing sides. I'll be there with a few other Capital Gulls for sure!

http://wingatefinchley.com/guide.php
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

merse btpir wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 10:53 Recommend:
Wingate & Finchley v Dulwich Hamlet
Maurice Rebak Stadium
Summers Lane, Finchley, N12 0PD
Kick-off 3pm

Adults - £12
Conc (OAP, student, unemployed) - £6
U16 - £3
U12 - FREE

A potentially excellent fixture between two really good footballing sides. I'll be there with a few other Capital Gulls for sure!

http://wingatefinchley.com/guide.php
Blimey merse, you won't make a good sales person, but I guess we will have to get used to this standard of football stadia next season.
Lucy