Sack " Philip Hammond " Petition ( BREXIT ! )

General chat about anything else goes here.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Sack " Philip Hammond " Petition ( BREXIT ! )

Post by Fred Perry »

:clap:

:whip:

He is a " Remainer ", leading the Tory Brexit.

By all accounts , upsetting MANY people, on the UK , leaving the EU ( BREXIT ).

Not fit for purpose !...

Around 30,000 people have signed the petition for Hammond to be " sacked " ,via CHANGE.ORG

Spread the word , to bump up the signatures !...

MANY THANKS.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Quite understandable sentiments Fred, but is there really much point in targeting the monkey while the Organ grinder remains in place ?, and with the likelihood that one of a number of identikit Hammond monkeys would just be appointed to perform the same task in the same way.

It is Remainer May who appointed Hammond, and it is Remainer May who allows and ensures that he can carry on in the current fashion.
One scalp will change nothing. Carney at the Bank of England is working just as hard to sabotage Brexit. You're up against a whole Establishment of Remainers, who by their every utterance indicate they're on Brussels side, and will continue to work on the inside to do whatever they can to render meaningless the democratic decision of the British people.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

Let' s HOPE UKIP get the right , strong Leader , at their Conference , this September , which is in TORQUAY !...

I would like to see the current UKIP Education spokesperson, David Kurten become their new Leader.

If appointed , he would become the first black Leader of a major political party , in the UK.

UKIP has lost it's direction , but hopefully this will change.

After all , they took on and beat , an avid Remainer , David Cameron
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Fred Perry wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 21:28 Let' s HOPE UKIP get the right , strong Leader , at their Conference , this September , which is in TORQUAY !... I would like to see the current UKIP Education spokesperson, David Kurten become their new Leader. If appointed , he would become the first black Leader of a major political party , in the UK.
What 'major political party'? David Kurten has only just entered politics as a Ukip (London wide) nominee to fill one of the two seats they have been allocated on the assembly since the 2016 elections. He was not elected as a constituency member ~ and he only managed that through chicanery.....

The Labour Party received by far the most votes in the London-wide ballot ~ more one million. The Conservatives won just above 750,000, returning three London-wide candidates ~ two of whom were not present for the count.
The full breakdown of results from the London Assembly elections were:
Animal Welfare Party 25,810 
Britain First 39,071
BNP 15,833
Lib Dems 165,580
Christian People's Alliance 27,172
Conservatives 764,230
Green 207,959
Labour 1,054,801
Respect 41,324
The House Party 11,055
Ukip 171,069
Woman's Equality Party 91,772

The Greens had the third largest share of the vote with 208,000. Ukip received around 171,000 votes while the Lib Dems got about 165,000.
The 'other vote', and other ballot paper, helps select the 11 London-wide AMs, chosen from the party’s own lists. Picking these involves a mildly complicated bit of maths, but the point of the exercise is to ensure that the assembly is roughly proportional to London's voting habits. The system is designed to ensure that all parties with more than 5% of the vote get representation. This is how the LibDems, Greens, Ukip and BNP have been able to win assembly seats in the past and how Ukip got their two members this time.

The last time Ukip won seats in the London Assembly elections was 12 years ago ~ but the two candidates later defected. Nothing new there then.

Kurten attracted notoriety when he asked for a bogus address in the capital to enable him to stand in those elections. Kurten, who was living outside London, asked Ukip colleagues to help him bypass the rules by letting him “register at their address” to be nominated for Assembly elections in May 2016, a leaked email revealed. Rules state candidates must be registered to vote in London or have lived, worked, rented or owned property there for 12 months.....he patently hadn't!

His message to Ukip colleagues read: “I need to be on the electoral register in Greater London for the Assembly elections. Currently I’m living in Surrey at the campus of the school I work with, so I need to move or find someone who would let me register at their address until I move into London.” 

“I have my flat here in Weybridge till 31st March (2016) so ideally I don’t want to move until then, but that’s too late in terms of nomination eligibility.” He then asked directly if anyone would “let me go on the electoral register at their address”. Alternatively, he asked if anyone knew of a cheap room he could rent from February to May to “use as a pied-à-terre” for nomination purposes. 

Conservative Assembly member and MP James Cleverly said at the time: “Pretending to live in London just to qualify as a candidate is a serious breach of trust and, if true, puts a huge question mark over his suitability as a candidate.” 

Asked about the email, Mr Kurten told the Evening Standard he was working a two-term placement at a Surrey school which came with rented accommodation, prior to which he lived in Peckham. Explaining that he had become a candidate after getting the job, he said: “I sent the email to find out if I can meet the eligibility criteria while still renting the accommodation I have at the campus where I work, which is five miles outside the Greater London area, but was advised that I should move into the Greater London area at Christmas time, and that is what I now plan to do.”
A Ukip spokesman said: “Realising that he was temporarily five miles outside the GLA area, he was looking for a short-term solution. He has already been advised that a postal address is not good enough.”

Just to illustrate the calibre of the person you would like to see as leader of a 'major political party' Fred! :rules:
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

merse btpir wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 22:42 What 'major political party'? David Kurten has only just entered politics as a Ukip (London wide) nominee to fill one of the two seats they have been allocated on the assembly since the 2016 elections. He was not elected as a constituency member ~ and he only managed that through chicanery.....

The Labour Party received by far the most votes in the London-wide ballot ~ more one million. The Conservatives won just above 750,000, returning three London-wide candidates ~ two of whom were not present for the count.
The full breakdown of results from the London Assembly elections were:
Animal Welfare Party 25,810 
Britain First 39,071
BNP 15,833
Lib Dems 165,580
Christian People's Alliance 27,172
Conservatives 764,230
Green 207,959
Labour 1,054,801
Respect 41,324
The House Party 11,055
Ukip 171,069
Woman's Equality Party 91,772

The Greens had the third largest share of the vote with 208,000. Ukip received around 171,000 votes while the Lib Dems got about 165,000.
The 'other vote', and other ballot paper, helps select the 11 London-wide AMs, chosen from the party’s own lists. Picking these involves a mildly complicated bit of maths, but the point of the exercise is to ensure that the assembly is roughly proportional to London's voting habits. The system is designed to ensure that all parties with more than 5% of the vote get representation. This is how the LibDems, Greens, Ukip and BNP have been able to win assembly seats in the past and how Ukip got their two members this time.

The last time Ukip won seats in the London Assembly elections was 12 years ago ~ but the two candidates later defected. Nothing new there then.

Kurten attracted notoriety when he asked for a bogus address in the capital to enable him to stand in those elections. Kurten, who was living outside London, asked Ukip colleagues to help him bypass the rules by letting him “register at their address” to be nominated for Assembly elections in May 2016, a leaked email revealed. Rules state candidates must be registered to vote in London or have lived, worked, rented or owned property there for 12 months.....he patently hadn't!

His message to Ukip colleagues read: “I need to be on the electoral register in Greater London for the Assembly elections. Currently I’m living in Surrey at the campus of the school I work with, so I need to move or find someone who would let me register at their address until I move into London.” 

“I have my flat here in Weybridge till 31st March (2016) so ideally I don’t want to move until then, but that’s too late in terms of nomination eligibility.” He then asked directly if anyone would “let me go on the electoral register at their address”. Alternatively, he asked if anyone knew of a cheap room he could rent from February to May to “use as a pied-à-terre” for nomination purposes. 

Conservative Assembly member and MP James Cleverly said at the time: “Pretending to live in London just to qualify as a candidate is a serious breach of trust and, if true, puts a huge question mark over his suitability as a candidate.” 

Asked about the email, Mr Kurten told the Evening Standard he was working a two-term placement at a Surrey school which came with rented accommodation, prior to which he lived in Peckham. Explaining that he had become a candidate after getting the job, he said: “I sent the email to find out if I can meet the eligibility criteria while still renting the accommodation I have at the campus where I work, which is five miles outside the Greater London area, but was advised that I should move into the Greater London area at Christmas time, and that is what I now plan to do.”
A Ukip spokesman said: “Realising that he was temporarily five miles outside the GLA area, he was looking for a short-term solution. He has already been advised that a postal address is not good enough.”

Just to illustrate the calibre of the person you would like to see as leader of a 'major political party' Fred! :rules:
Look mate , if using your figures listings , UKIP come 3rd after Tory and Labour , so whatever you may think of them , UKIP are a major Political Party.

It is they who achieved BREXIT, against all odds , exposing all the EU flaws...

Tory , Labour , Lib Dems have told MAJOR lies on , for example , proper controlled immigration , actual true UK immigration figures and Lib Dems / Nick Clegg on tuition fees.

The Tory Party through influence of UKIP have started to crack down on Bogus colleges and NHS ." Heath Tourism " - about bloody time to.

You will be hard pushed to find anyone , who is "squeaky clean " now in Politics .

Regarding Mr Kurten , getting children into better schools , is quite common place , with astute , wealthy parents particularly , renting other temporary accommodation or using other relatives addresses , to sneakily get the child into a better school.

Something , apparently Tory , Labour and Lib Dem has failed to properly get under control or indeed , turn a " blind eye " too.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

In the 2010 general election, Ukip fielded 558 candidates and secured 3.1% of the vote (919,471 votes), but took no seats.

Ukip won 3.8 million votes from 13% of the voters at the general election in 2015 giving them just one seat.

Three in ten (30%) of those 2015 UKIP supporters didn't vote for them this year giving them only 1.8% of the national vote from their 594,068 voters.

The Ukip vote collapsed across every age group..........they are once again a nonentity!
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

merse btpir wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 23:32 In the 2010 general election, Ukip fielded 558 candidates and secured 3.1% of the vote (919,471 votes), but took no seats.

Ukip won 3.8 million votes from 13% of the voters at the general election in 2015 giving them just one seat.

Three in ten (30%) of those 2015 UKIP supporters didn't vote for them this year giving them only 1.8% of the national vote from their 594,068 voters.

The Ukip vote collapsed across every age group..........they are once again a nonentity!
Because UKIP helped obtain BREXIT ( by the way not ALL UKIP supporters wish to leave the EU , but a large majority do - FACT not FICTION ) , Most decided to vote TORY , to try and get a decent BREXIT - proper immigration control , trade agreements with countries outside the EU , less Brussels interference on UK Law , for example.

It would have been pointless all UKIP voting UKIP , partly because of "first past the post system " , rather the MORE fair "proportional representation " - only won seat from almost 4 million votes is an " absolute scandal " - the SNP gained less votes , but were allowed more seats in Parliament !!...

UKIP and indeed Nigel Farage ( probably the most influential UK Politician , who normally would be knighted for his achievements - but the UK is so bloody over the top on Political Correctness - 2nd only to Sweden , by the way ) , need to regroup and strengthen , to gain voters again , by putting together strategies , that shows the UK can be an open trader with the world , but not be a " soft touch " on such things as "health tourism " and suppressed "wages .

By having a proper control on immigration , rather than uncontrolled , we will have a better idea , how many roads , homes , schools , colleges , hospitals etc , need to be built.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Fred Perry wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 00:30By having a proper control on immigration , rather than uncontrolled , we will have a better idea , how many roads , homes , schools , colleges , hospitals etc , need to be built.
Yes Fred!

Will Solihull Borough get a safety certificate after BREXIT as well then?
:scarf:
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

merse btpir wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 07:42 Yes Fred!

Will Solihull Borough get a safety certificate after BREXIT as well then?
:scarf:
Solihull Moors will get a safety certificate WELL before BREXIT.

It is Solihull Moors not Solihull Borough.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Fred Perry wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 23:16Look mate , if using your figures listings , UKIP come 3rd after Tory and Labour
Really?

Labour 1,054,801
Conservatives 764,230
Green 207,959
Ukip 171,069

Oh silly me; and there was I thinking 207,959 was more than 171,069...no wonder I don't know what I'm talking about....oh yes Solihull Moors. Are they a 'major' National League club then?
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Merse, I wouldn't get too exercised by Fred's diatribe.
He is obviously a nostalgic "complete shafter" (Vince Cable's words) not mine and probably a Daily Brexpress reader to boot.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

........a noisy neighbour eh!
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

Fred Perry wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 09:08 Solihull Moors will get a safety certificate WELL before BREXIT.

It is Solihull Moors not Solihull Borough.
Yes , I stand corrected 4th after the Green Party on those figures , stated.

The Green Party , apparently wish to ban the likes of Boxing and Horse 🐴 Racing , maybe football as well ?.

The Greens think everyone should be just VERY nice towards each other , which may sound good , but would never work.

You need some sort of competition.

I read The Times and I , unlike the EU biased Mirror and Guardian.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

If you look under " Nigel Farage " latest news , on internet :

It appears in 2019 , if not before , Farage will MAKE SURE thst the UK , gets a proper , real BREXIT , rather than just in name only.

WELL DONE SIR NIGEL !

Please give Hammond his P45 sooner , rather than later !...
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Fred, get a life before it is too late. We can all hear the clock ticking! Whilst the politicians are currently fiddling with Brexit the UK is falling apart - prisons, Nhs, police, education etc. We were an economic basket case when we joined the common market and on current form we will be one when we leave!