Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well a few difficult questions asked of Clarke Osborne by DT & GH but the answers are pretty superficial and clearly hard to prove or disprove but by far the most compelling read is that written by Richard Hughes which begins to mirror how we all feel.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

There is another article attached which tells me that CO really does not know anything about the game of football.

He told the Herald: “My absolute desire, and my statement to everybody connected with the club, is that we are going to stay up". HELLO Major Osborne - This is Houston calling...

"I can assure you that we will not be in the National League South for more than one season. We will not.”
HELLO - Houston, we have a problem... Remember I you told you my intention was to be promoted back to the football league upon appointment of Gary Owers: Well things have not gone quite according to plan!

“Gary has my absolute backing... the more I understand how he works...the more convinced I am that we made the right decision."
HELLO - Major Osborne do you copy! This is Ground Control can you hear me:

4 months ago we were 8 points from safety today we are 11 points adrift with the worst defensive record in the league. That's definitely not 'one small step for man, nor a giant leap for mankind.'

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... ne-1107407
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Definitely a Space Oddity!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

budegull1954 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 16:57Excellent article by Richard Hughes - it's what we all feel.

It might show how we all feel, but I'm sorry; this is just more lily-livered, weak as piss; avoiding of the real issues. Hughes is just a boy amongst men in this fight whilst Thomas and his ventriloquist dummy Henderson are so; so predictable........

The fight has to go on against these cretins in the local media ~ they don't even acknowledge nor inform the ignorant that GI no longer own the club; that's the out and out of it. Mis-information, deliberate subterfuge and total failure to call a spade a spade.

I know doing so alienates me to so many people; but in reality that's what has to be done, is not being done; and by not doing so is making the owner's task easier and the demise of the club more certain than ever.

Has nobody the gumption to call Osborn out over 'acres of car parking'; being 'served by a railway' ( the building of a station for Edginswell has got no prospect of funding) and delivering by 2020 which was what was claimed wasn't it!

How much is the acreage at Nightingale Park? If not there then precisely where? If not by 2020 then by when? Come on stop beleiving in fairies!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I am no fan of Osborne and dont believe a stadium will ever be built but I think you should quote him
correctly, I dont recall him saying 'served by a railway' not in his statement last week. He said 'good road and
rail communications' Getting on a bus at The Willows and a short trip to Newton Station could be said to be
'good road and rail communications' No doubt you will now spend time trawling back to find him
mentioning a rail station at Edginswell !
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 00:00
It might show how we all feel, but I'm sorry; this is just more lily-livered, weak as piss; avoiding of the real issues. Hughes is just a boy amongst men in this fight whilst Thomas and his ventriloquist dummy Henderson are so; so predictable........

The fight has to go on against these cretins in the local media ~ they don't even acknowledge nor inform the ignorant that GI no longer own the club; that's the out and out of it. Mis-information, deliberate subterfuge and total failure to call a spade a spade.

I know doing so alienates me to so many people; but in reality that's what has to be done, is not being done; and by not doing so is making the owner's task easier and the demise of the club more certain than ever.

Has nobody the gumption to call Osborn out over 'acres of car parking'; being 'served by a railway' ( the building of a station for Edginswell has got no prospect of funding) and delivering by 2020 which was what was claimed wasn't it!

How much is the acreage at Nightingale Park? If not there then precisely where? If not by 2020 then by when? Come on stop beleiving in fairies!
Was it not Tesco who wanted to build a superstore next to the new Vauxhall dealership - and one of the criteria for getting planning permission was to build a small railway station there.
Tesco replied that so few shoppers shopped by train these days it was not worth their while and pulled out!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

nickbrod wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 17:14 Well a few difficult questions asked of Clarke Osborne by DT & GH but the answers are pretty superficial and clearly hard to prove or disprove but by far the most compelling read is that written by Richard Hughes which begins to mirror how we all feel.
It's better than nothing, at least they're finally starting to ask, admittedly mild, questions and criticise the current state of the club. Our efforts are paying small dividends, we need to keep the pressure on and keep sending emails and asking questions to make the media pay attention. The email to The Times is another great idea. I'm gonna drop an email to the write behind this Telegraph article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... team-will/ and see whether he's interested in reporting something. I seem to remember them namedropping us as a struggling team in trouble a few months back.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 11:21I think you should quote him correctly
I didn't quote him a quote is.."------" I used '-----'

If you think a bus journey from Newton Abbot to Nightingale Park constitutes what he is talking about then you are dafter than he takes you for! :slap:
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 00:00

[highlight=yellow]How much is the acreage at Nightingale Park? [/highlight]If not there then precisely where? If not by 2020 then by when? Come on stop beleiving in fairies!
Nightingale park is approx 37 acres (151727.71 m[sup]2[/sup])

For comparison, Plainmoor, including all the stands is 3 acres (15770m[sup]2[/sup])
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

10 times as big ...i know about all this multi purpose fairy tale stuff but we only fill a quater now and at very very best half .

Rugby no . The wurzels no . School sports day no . Big music stars no . Cricket no . Poundland conference no . Lib dems conference no . Bewley cup ???

I dunno can't we just keep home for home and not share my bed with the milkmans wife

Time to walk the dog
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Concert Venue Yes!! It would beat seeing T'Pau, The Stranglers, Genesis and Meatloaf at Torbay Leisure Centre. I'm sure that was the root cause of my tinnitus!!!

We could get a retractable pitch and share it with Torbay Trojans too.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 17:41 I didn't quote him a quote is.."------" I used '-----'

If you think a bus journey from Newton Abbot to Nightingale Park constitutes what he is talking about then you are dafter than he takes you for! :slap:
TIPS ON ENGLISH GRAMMAR Number 1 : use ':' rather than '..' when you wish to employ a colon.

You are old enough to have been taught correctly, Merse, even if your memory fails you. A little more attention to your grammar, spelling and punctuation might be in order if you wish be pedantic when spreading your vitriol. There is a saying about people in glass houses which you may find applies to you if you think about it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 00:47 TIPS ON ENGLISH GRAMMAR Number 1 : use ':' rather than '..' when you wish to employ a colon.

You are old enough to have been taught correctly, Merse, even if your memory fails you. A little more attention to your grammar, spelling and punctuation might be in order if you wish to be pedantic when spreading your vitriol. There is a saying about people in glass houses which you may find applies to you if you think about it.

People in glass houses ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Nice one Dave - hoist with my own petard (but it spoils the fun when the proof reader is awake)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

sgf wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 22:09 Concert Venue Yes!! It would beat seeing T'Pau, The Stranglers, Genesis and Meatloaf at Torbay Leisure Centre. I'm sure that was the root cause of my tinnitus!!!

We could get a retractable pitch and share it with Torbay Trojans too.
You missed iron maiden who also played there :)
TUST MEMBER