Torquay United v Barrow 3/2/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Hi forevertufc, you obviously haven't been out for a run with your dog this morning, I am surprised that the official site doesn't have an update as it really is soggy out there. The good news is that the sun is currently shining and my missus is wondering whether or not to put out the washing!
RamRod

Post by RamRod »

Yorkieandy wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 21:56 I think we all know that this game simply has to be won. Defeat IMO will confirm beyond reasonable doubt relegation to the NLS. A points deficit of 14 (if you include GD) from Barrow who are 5th from bottom AND with games in hand is quite simply irretrievable. A draw won't see Torquay lose any further ground on Barrow however the visitors will still have two games in hand, one a winnable one at Guiseley. Relegation still would be a likely outcome if tomorrow's game ended in a draw.

Over to you Mr Owers and the players. Anything other than a win is the final nail in the NL coffin.

As i said about Bromley where you got battered Mr Owers. It's Barrow you are playing - not Barcelona. If Coventry City can beat Stoke in the FA Cup during one lot of 90 minutes then Torquay beating Barrow shouldn't really be that hard to envisage. Get the job done.
Barrow fan in peace.
I'm what you could call an old timer now I suppose. Obviously we all want whats best for our clubs and I like every other Barrow supporter wants three points today.
The other side of the coin is,I dont want to see Torquay go down-I really dont. I remember well the battles we had in the football league. As far as I am concerned Torquay are a houshold name in footballs lower reaches and I want that name to continue being around. Best of luck,(after today that is).
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Never thought I’d see the day, Jamie Reid is finally dropped. Brett Williams starts! coyy!
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Romain and Williams up front together?....We may score. About time there was another rousing, give us a glimmer of hope performance before reality kicks in again. Torquay to win 3-0. How's that for mindless optimism!!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

RamRod wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 13:35 Barrow fan in peace.
I'm what you could call an old timer now I suppose. Obviously we all want whats best for our clubs and I like every other Barrow supporter wants three points today.
The other side of the coin is,I dont want to see Torquay go down-I really dont. I remember well the battles we had in the football league. As far as I am concerned Torquay are a houshold name in footballs lower reaches and I want that name to continue being around. Best of luck,(after today that is).
Thanks barrow fan ? A win for you gives you breathing space , a win for us will prolong the enivetble. However we are famous for great escapes and this one would top the lot with all the going on.

I still want a torquay win of course be a sad day when I cheer when we lose but good luck to barrow for the rest of the season

westyorkshiregull
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

HockeyGull wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 14:13 Romain and Williams up front together?....We may score. About time there was another rousing, give us a glimmer of hope performance before reality kicks in again. Torquay to win 3-0. How's that for mindless optimism!!
Think you need help ...nah you never know , think we got 2 goals today depends on other end
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 14:17 Think you need help ...nah you never know , think we got 2 goals today depends on other end
When you've been a Torquay fan for the thick end of half a century that goes without saying :lol:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Genuinely excited to be here today...first home game for me in a long time.

Hope to see the beginning of a great partnership between Williams and Romain.

League table aside, on a paper we are fielding a strong team today with descent reserves on the bench.

Let’s do this!
Attachments
48BB2F20-062D-4034-903B-219A3E69A6D0.jpeg
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

radio devon commo not working!! :@

free header from a corner put wide by Gints.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

BBC says Lemonheigh-Evans is #18? Isn't that Klukowski's number?
jonny5
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Davey Graham

Post by jonny5 »

Can someone please put up a link for the commentary?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

There's a thread where you can follow the directions to get a link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42821099
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
jonny5
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Davey Graham

Post by jonny5 »

Excellent, ta.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 15:09 There's a thread where you can follow the directions to get a link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42821099
still no commo on Devon.... listening to Radio Cumbria!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 15:18 still no commo on Devon.... listening to Radio Cumbria!
Strange. I listen to Radio Devon here in Norway.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/