Maidstone v Torquayunited 10/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Another late goal!!! But its ok, they're fitter under Owers and Khul were told!!!! What a crock of sh*t!!!! Get them out the club otherwise we'll be relegated again next year too!!!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I agree it's impossible to do worse. Something could come out of it. Some sort of promise for the future of the club? As it stands we will limp into a lower league in a fog with the owners pet at the helm. Even Osbourne can see that- but maybe that is the problem...
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Burnhamgull wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 17:51 Or we could take our places in the family stand next home game and confront Harrop..............No? Oh ok then.
He wouldn't present himself in front of us, he's a coward a charlatan a fraud he knows nothing about running a football club, we'd get nowhere near him the plastic thugs who think they're the gestapo would see to that.What would work is as soon as the game kicks off everybody get up & leave & congregate out side boots at the officials offices & make our feelings known loud & clear.
And keep doing it until we get what we want, ok Osborne may own the club but at the end of the day Harrop, especially Harrop, Owers, Khul, Hedges are only employees they're not indispensable.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 18:29 He wouldn't present himself in front of us, he's a coward a charlatan a fraud he knows nothing about running a football club, we'd get nowhere near him the plastic thugs who think they're the gestapo would see to that.What would work is as soon as the game kicks off everybody get up & leave & congregate out side boots at the officials offices & make our feelings known loud & clear.
And keep doing it until we get what we want, ok Osborne may own the club but at the end of the day Harrop, especially Harrop, Owers, Khul, Hedges are only employees they're not indispensable.
Harrop sits in the directors box, he couldn't ignore us if we were right in front of him.
Leaving the ground (if they opened the gates) and standing on the outside whilst the board are inside facing the pitch would be fruitless unless you think they would hear us?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Think we can accept that's it now.

Owers has to go it's getting embarrassing for him

How could anyone have done any worse
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

We can probably understand how West Ham fans feel, although I wouldn't support their actions. At one point they gathered below the Directors` Box chanting `sack the board` and `you destroyed our club`.
Chris
TUST member 479
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Arrogance that gets me . Osborne is a coward hiding away
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

oldcommsboy wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 19:17 We can probably understand how West Ham fans feel, although I wouldn't support their actions. At one point they gathered below the Directors` Box chanting `sack the board` and `you destroyed our club`.
Probably one of the reasons why he picked this football club.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Look there is no 'board'. Osborne doesn't attend matches, his finance director Chris Rich comes infrequently - only Geoff Harrop sits in the Directors' Box. So not sure who you would be protesting against.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Who said anything about protesting?

I'm talking about making his afternoon uncomfortable. Translate that how you like.

West Ham fans might not necessarily have done the right thing today but I bet it has an impact long term. What do we all do? We take to our keyboards......

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Jonny C
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: N/A

Post by Jonny C »

Maidstone fan in peace. I have always had a soft spot for your club since a great away trip back in 1989. It is such a shame what is happening to your club. I was one of the 23 that came to the FA Trophy game last year and thought that the 4-0 hugely flattered us. However, today was one of the worst games I have seen. Both sides were simply dreadful. A draw would have been a fair result as neither team deserved 3 points. Looking at the table Maidstone may have enough points but it looks tough for you. I genuinely hope that you make a quick return as you seem to be a friendly club with great supporters.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

oldcommsboy wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 19:17 We can probably understand how West Ham fans feel, although I wouldn't support their actions. At one point they gathered below the Directors` Box chanting `sack the board` and `you destroyed our club`.
We should be doing EXACTLY what West Ham fans are doing, the people running our club should be sacked now as they have destroyed our club.
This poncey attitude of "ooh no I can't support that sort of action, but I do understand how they feel" is just typical of the pathetic attitude amongst some of our fans, we need to hit them hard with our feeling & if it puts a few noses out of joint so be it, I'm totally fecked off with this tune we play that portrays us as just a small club not important enough to take a stance like the big boys do.
We are a football club with passionate fans who care deeply about their club, just as West Ham are so what's the difference ?
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

The thing is, is that even if Owers was sacked, who do you think would hire the next manager? Just sacking the manager will do nothing. Replacing players will do nothing. Massive changes need to happen upstairs. But guess what, that isn’t going to happen.

I remember Dave Phillips saying the club could be bought for the price of a house. I wonder how much the value is now....
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 19:45 We should be doing EXACTLY what West Ham fans are doing, the people running our club should be sacked now as they have destroyed our club.
This poncey attitude of "ooh no I can't support that sort of action, but I do understand how they feel" is just typical of the pathetic attitude amongst some of our fans, we need to hit them hard with our feeling & if it puts a few noses out of joint so be it, I'm totally fecked off with this tune we play that portrays us as just a small club not important enough to take a stance like the big boys do.
We are a football club with passionate fans who care deeply about their club, just as West Ham are so what's the difference ?
I agree although I've been saying it for ages. The key point is though whether we demonstrate at games with pitchforks and the like or not, CO has still won. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do no matter what they try.

This is why I suggested a breakaway club a while back because at least then we take control of our 'new' club and new affairs and then CO gets left with the old one and no fans and then he has no power over anyone anymore. We are free to make a new club as good or bad as we see fit as it's in our hands.

Obviously most think that's a ridiculous idea and that's fine. Not saying its the right idea but CO now has this football club exactly where he wants it and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Let CO have the club now and move on is what I say. I guarantee that fans will continue to attend next season and then come on here with the club bottom of NLS moaning about it.

It's going to happen so I say today the club died so lets have a new one and put all energies into something we DO have control over and something that CO can't destroy.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 19:45 We should be doing EXACTLY what West Ham fans are doing, the people running our club should be sacked now as they have destroyed our club.
We are a mild mannered, pleasant, nice family oriented, supporter base. That's why we will all stand by and watch Osborne take what he wants and hide behind our keyboards.