Who stays next season?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Who stays next season?

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Who realistically stays next season?

I think Clarke will stay as he will/Should be promised game time next season.
Speculation of Keating having a 2 year contract? If that the case I see him staying. I dont see him at another National league club. Chaney

I think this is the year we lose Young guttedly.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Get rid of the lot
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 19:55 Get rid of the lot
Half of this team wins us Conference south. Id say if we stay Full Time bring back Gerring. If he'd return
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 19:56Half of this team wins us Conference south.
On what basis do you make that statement?

That's not my opinion, but I would like to learn of your reasoning.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

On paper.....
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Come on; you need to do better than that.........

Let me give you a bit of advice ~ never, ever; underestimate the league you are dropping in to. That's what Thea Bristow, Chris Hargreaves and lots of the United faithful did when we dropped back into the Conference in 2014.

That's what the last managerial regime did when setting out the stall merely 'to avoid relegation'. Professional football doesn't work like that and I would certainly say that players poor enough to get engaged in a relegation struggle in this league are not good enough to engage in a promotion campaign from the league below.

Remaining full-time is not the cure-all many seem to believe; many's the time our full-timers have been outplayed, outwitted and out manoeuvred by part-time teams in this league.

As Paul Buckle would tell you; sign horses for courses and recruit the best of what is available with experience of National South......Elliott Romain is a prime example, but do you think that having battled his way upwards and out of it he would be willing to return? I don't.

There are teams ~ Billericay, Hereford and Dulwich to name three ~ who would pulverise this current sorry lot we have playing for us and they are currently playing at the level below National South battling hard to get into it.

A major wake up call awaits people who think this is going to be some sort of given that immediate promotion can be achieved without a concerted summer of signing the appropriate type of players.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Sunderland a current point in case .
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I’d want Dorel, McGinty, Davis, Young and Williams. I’d try and sign Romain. Forget the younger loanees as they’ll go back to parent clubs. Totally agree that we need some NLS savvy players and that we should be looking at ‘over-achievers’ and talent at that level.

Estimates vary from having Clarke, Gowling, Pittman and Keating already on two years. Not sure if anyone else was thought to be two years. Maybe Osborn and Chaney? No idea how Chaney has been performing for Whitehawk in NLS or how improved Osborn might be from his loan at Bideford or wherever it is. It wouldn’t be the worst news if all the two year speculated ones had release clauses and parted ways.

Gowling isn’t fit often enough. Results, of course, say we are better when he does play. Keating, I wouldn’t be too concerned that he had another year as back up. Youth, at least, is on his side. Pittman will be off. No drama there. Clarke is a good second keeper, but has also had injury troubles.

Of my ‘wanted’ list of Dorel, McGinty, Davis, Young, Williams and Romain, I think all of them could get deals higher up the pyramid than NLS and some, if not all, will. The recent form of Davis is a bit of a concern from that list, as he appears to have gone backwards after a very good start.

I’m not sure any of my wanted list will still be here. Although we will have a promotion budget, if Osborne is to be believed. I don’t. I also am far from convinced we have a manager capable of getting a side promoted. There is no existing evidence of that. Just contrary evidence so far.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 22 Mar 2018, 21:11, edited 3 times in total.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

The lower you go the bigger catch you become

Yep we have a fantastic ground by football league standards. League 1 stadium

Bet teams are licking there lips at coming to plainmoor and have no pressure whatsoever.
Some of these southern clubs have squads and setups that are well established. They have the knowhow
Our squad would not be the bottom 3 in my opinion but would be pushed to achieve better than mid table.
Best chance we got would be to bring a established tier 6 or 7 manager with experience and with the contacts.

Need to rid the lot and start again , squad and manager are total failures and sick of hearing and bleeding luke young. Does the odd bit of magic but that's it.

Maybe romain if he was actually our player but that's it
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

You omly need look at ex Championship side Stockport County and their stay in NLS to realise you have to have the right set up whatever league you are in.
Yes we have the potential to do well but only if the club is managed correctly.
Tust member 191
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 21:04 The lower you go the bigger catch you become

Yep we have a fantastic ground by football league standards. League 1 stadium

Bet teams are licking there lips at coming to plainmoor and have no pressure whatsoever.
Some of these southern clubs have squads and setups that are well established. They have the knowhow
Our squad would not be the bottom 3 in my opinion but would be pushed to achieve better than mid table.
Best chance we got would be to bring a established tier 6 or 7 manager with experience and with the contacts.

Need to rid the lot and start again , squad and manager are total failures and sick of hearing and bleeding luke young. Does the odd bit of magic but that's it.

Maybe romain if he was actually our player but that's it
Agree with this. Romain would be the only one I would keep of the outfield players.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Were Stockport in the NLS?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The first people I'd try my whole hearted best to stay is the fans, we are the life blood of the football club without us there is no point.
But on the playing front the only two worthy of offering deals to are Williams & if we can get him Romain.
The rest are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE in the NLS I'm afraid to say.
Horses for courses know your players & more importantly know your opposition even more.
We may be the big fish next season & no doubt everyone will want a piece of us , a negative ? Not in my eyes, a positive definitely.
Plainmoor can work to our advantage with the correct type of player, Billy big bollocks = another relegation scrap. Intimidating, we can be & must be home & away, do your job, get the points, move on to the next game, you won't get that attitude from the current crop of useless twats.
There's a reason they're playing at this level & struggling at the wrong end of the division & it doesn't take 3 so called managers in a season to see why.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

First and most important signing for me is a proper midfielder. A constant over the last 5 years of abjectness is being constantly dominated in the middle of the park. No more lightweight losers please, no more nice blokes, we need some men in there, players like Danny Racchi (not suggesting him specifically) with a winners attitude who will kick some arses not just the oppositions but in our dressing room as well.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Absolutely; 'horses for courses' is a must throughout the team; I get the feeling that nearly every poster on here and at least 90% of the fan base have yet to see even one NLS game for themselves!

NLS players & management for NLS football; a pity the club and so many of it's supporters have yet to learn that lesson in what will be it's fifth season since dropping out of the Football League!