Torquay v AFC Fylde 11/04 (was pp on 3/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Anyone who wants Owers here next season needs their head looking at

How many players has he brought in?

The only decent one has been Romain,

The bloke has failed, and should not be given another chance to fail again.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If Truro don't go up, If we stay Ful lTime I'm sure we can take a few of their players back. Maybe Ben Harding? I know he still live sin this area.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 23:08 If Truro don't go up, If we stay Ful lTime I'm sure we can take a few of their players back. Maybe Ben Harding? I know he still live sin this area
......and that's your idea of a promotion achieving policy? :slap:
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Can't blame lack of effort tonight, they just had better players. Took their chances and made fewer mistakes.
Relegation has come from losing to too many clubs in the bottom half of the table and not showing any form until it was too late.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 23:08 If Truro don't go up, If we stay Ful lTime I'm sure we can take a few of their players back. Maybe Ben Harding? I know he still live sin this area.
Ben Harding?

Ben Harding?

Tell me you're joking for my own sanity?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I mean, our current team is good enough to go back up.

Will Luke Young want to leave Devon? I think if we stay Full time I can honestly see him staying.. Maybe I am just delusional
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Think he was joking. On a serious note do Truro have any decent players at all? - I'm sure we could nick one or two. That Palmer and Gerring form a formidable partnership.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why would Young want to leave? - he's got a **** easy ride here.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 23:14 I mean, our current team is good enough to go back up.

Will Luke Young want to leave Devon? I think if we stay Full time I can honestly see him staying.. Maybe I am just delusional
Our current team is not good enough, in my opinion, to go back up. They are a bunch of serial losers with a lack of desire that is only surpassed by their lack of footballing ability.

Most of the contracted squad are either sick notes or not good enough. The more we get rid of the better.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If you were the manager, then who would you be offering new contracts too. Be real now.. They may not accept but yes.

For me Its Romain & Dorel and Young.

If I am being realistic I see Clarke being number 1 next season.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Romain and Dorel only.

Romain will get a better deal closer to home though.

Luke Young has been part of a team that has continually failed over recent seasons. I will lose no sleep if he goes.

PS - if those three are all you'd offer contacts to our squad is clearly not good enough!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

AFC Fylde look a very good side and they won easily because they were quicker, fitter, better organised and played like a real team. No excuses we were simply not good enough in all departments.
Remember Fylde held Wigan 1-1 in the FA Cup in February and only lost the replay 3-2. Wigan will be in the Championship next season.
I would not be surprised to see Fylde in League 2 next season via the play offs.
We deserve to be relegated just not strong enough both mentally and physically.
We have conceded 67 goals this season and the rebuild must start with the defence.the 2nd and 3rd goals were a classic example of lack of awareness.Sleep walking into trouble. Not good enough guys and you all know it.
Yet again you let yourselves down and let down the fans with yet another home defeat.
Most of this team should think about getting another job outside of football because if you cannot compete at this level then there is no real hope of a career in the game.
Angry and disappointed but I shall still be at Plainmoor on Saturday to see Halifax who are top of the Discipline Table! In other words picked up the most Red and Yellow Cards in the National league prior to tonight.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I mean we are going down a league, There wont be anyone much better than Young. Would be a key player if he does end up staying.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Id also say keep Gowling, He would not last 5 minutes on this pitch with his ongoing injury
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 23:14 I mean, our current team is good enough to go back up.
What makes you think that?
You are falling into the trap of thinking just because we will be full time that means we will be better than part timers. Our team isn't good enough for the national league, that is proved by their relegation. Therefore there is no guarantee that they will be able to compete in NLS. Most of the players on two year contracts are either too injury prone to string two appearancies together or they are shit.
We have only two straws to cling too; 1) Owers decides to fall on his sword and we get a decent head coach in. 2) Owers, unlike Nicholson, will be able to learn from his mistakes and will be able to put together a fit for purpose squad.

By the way, those hoping there is a relegation clause in the long term contracts forget it.. These clauses usually favour the player looking for a better deal, no other club in their right mind would take these losers on.