Hartlepool United V Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

United62 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 12:52 I must need my head examining! Providing junior can get time off work, we are going to make the 600 mile round trip tomorrow.

*pause* whilst every single one of you thinks to themselves 'f**king idiots, don't they know it will be a waste of time/money/effort watching that shower of shite capitulate again'

She That Must Be Obeyed has already questioned my sanity this season... 'Why do you go and see them all the time, they only lose when you do, and you're a right miserable f**ker for days afterwards'.

Well, maybe they will win tomorrow. Maybe Barrow will cock up their run-in. Woking too (yes, doesn't seem possible does it!)*

As Midlandgull has already pointed out 'you never know'.

And having been a United supporter for more years than I care to remember, this is Torquay United, we don't do things the easy way.

*Not going to happen, is it.
I can't go but have a great day and cheer for me as well your a great supporter
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

All the best to everyone making the long journey to Hartlepool today. I hope you are rewarded with a win. Bizarrely I think we will win, probably because the Monkey Hangers don't have anything to play for.
Can't see other results going our way but you never know. Have a great day.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Has echoes of Mansfield in 2014 all over it. Win but relegated.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

A Mr 'Dazgull' posting on the Poolie Bunker forum reckons there will be 200 Gulls up there today.

I was up there the last time Torquay played under Hargreaves when there was still a shout of survival from football league relegation and there weren't 200 of us up there so i'd probably halve that estimate by Mr Dazgull. We'll see.

Also he says that Osborne has paid for half price travel up there. Is this correct as i wasn't aware of it?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 12:39 A Mr 'Dazgull' posting on the Poolie Bunker forum reckons there will be 200 Gulls up there today.

I was up there the last time Torquay played under Hargreaves when there was still a shout of survival from football league relegation and there weren't 200 of us up there so i'd probably halve that estimate by Mr Dazgull. We'll see.

Also he says that Osborne has paid for half price travel up there. Is this correct as i wasn't aware of it?
Thats correct! Osborne has paid half the travel price. Don't think you can fault his gesture although I am sure some will.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Oh yes i can fault his gesture.

Last time around up at Pools it was loser Hargreaves who offered us all who travelled a free pint. Knowing that it is the one game of the season where there would be hardly any frigger there to take him up on his offer.

Likewise Osborne. Pick the away game where there are likely to be next to no fans coming up from Devon and offer half price travel. Love to know how many are on the fun bus? 12?

He should have offered free travel or even better, free tickets for everyone travelling no matter from where in the world.

So whilst i bang on about clubs not considering the fans and in this case it looks that way but in all honesty what sort of a gesture is it? It only slightly benefits about 12 fans to go and watch HIS team get **** relegated to regional football!

What a generous man!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Bugger usual story
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Of FFS ..missed pen !!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

And Woking winning as well
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Good news, just realised that we're not the first former league club to sink this low; York City are currently in VN North! :}
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Stockport County beat them to it !
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Launceston Gull »

Do Bradford P.A, formerly Bradford FC not count. They were once a Div 1 outfit in the early 1900`s now National League North and one time way lower league than that.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Launceston Gull wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 16:18 Do Bradford P.A, formerly Bradford FC not count. They were once a Div 1 outfit in the early 1900`s now National League North and one time way lower league than that.
The current Bradford Park Avenue are a Phoenix club founded in 1987, the original club went into liquidation in 1974.
Interestingly the original club upon giving up rugby and switching exclusively to soccer in 1907 was elected to the Southern League.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

But Barrow winning now.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Barrow drawing now.