Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Owers was complaining on Radio Devon before kick off 'all I read is negativity ' What the hell do you
expect man ! You are very lucky to still be in a job with such forgiving fans and chairman! at a Northern club
you would be getting crucified for this. Any 'normal' chairman would have replaced you months ago
Inspiring and motivating the team to just another two or three wins over the course of the season could
have so easily avoided this relegation. Sounds like the second half today was the only time they have played
with real passion. WHY ? Be prepared for some more negativity !
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Owers has said that there is nothing that he can say to make the fans feel better

Hells teeth Owers start with I quit!! That would cheer me up no end
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Owers simply not good enough.....we all knew this..and his sidekick..total disaster appointments, and christ knows why it took so long to make the wrong choice ?????
Dour, miserable, inept, non motivational, totally clueless the pair of them. Stay up in the North East you w+&ker and dont come back !
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

4 weeks wait Harrop. Congratulations
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 20:51 4 weeks wait Harrop. Congratulations
This killed us and is the fault of Owers and the owner.

Alan Richardson after that Osborne interview stated that we got 2 points from 15 against sides down the bottom during that period. Later in the season, if we beat Guiseley, it will have been 13 points from the same fixtures.

I have also been totally uninspired by Owers, but it matters not a jot as Osborne also says in that interview that he will be here next season whatever happens. So he’ll be here.

There will be no excuses if he is to be properly funded, so his squad will get a pre-season with him and will be the side that we support. Things may fall into place. His more recent signings have been considerably better than the shite he signed before that, so maybe there is a glimmer. Not convinced at all, as he hasn’t warranted anyone to be convinced that he will do well. As we’ve been shite. I hope that changes. Because Osborne is keeping him. And Harrop.

Apparently, as also said in that Radio Devon piece, those surveyed said the reason we are shite is the fault of:-
Current owner 41%
Previous Owners 34%
Current Manager 11%
Previous Manager 12%
No idea what the other 2% of people went for, but that time spent with no Manager was a big factor for me, and that is not the fault of playing and coaching staff, past or present. It’s Harropmand Osborne who carry that blame.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

I agree with that. Before Owers even took charge we were P10 W0 D3 L7. 3 points out of a possible 30 is disgraceful.

IF we win the last 2 games of the season, Owers’ record will be W12 D8 L16. 44 points from 36 games. A good recovery, just unfortunately not good enough. Using the points to games ratio, we would have gotten (in theory) 56 points over 46 games....
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Bloody furious! Total incompetence. I am interested to see how the fans react to the team at the next match. Personally I won’t be able to applaud or encourage them whatever they do. Owers says they are going to do their best to win the last two games! Listen mate it’s too **** late for that, please don’t insult us! Shamefull! He says we will be back up next season? Unbelievable incompetence. “This time next year” bollocks! I hope the fans boo them from start to finish! It’s what they deserve!
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 18:31 I’ve hated every minute of Owers tenure. He was shite from the word go and has no credibility at all. I wanted him gone in October and now I’m led to believe he is here to stay. You can’t make it up. Virtually a whole season and relegated with 2 games spare.
But the thing that gets me most of all and why I can’t wait till he’s gone is his voice.
Interviewing Gary Owers is like interviewing someone recently bereaved from up Nuuuurth. He is so dull , even duller than Bryan Robson and that’s saying something. How the **** can you inspire anyone when you sound like you need cheering up let alone any one else.
Just **** off Owers for pity’s sake and allow us all to wallow in our self pity with dignity without saying another word !!!
Agree I've said many times how can this man motivate anyone he always sounds like he's just returned from his wife,best friend and mother's funerals all in the same day.
IJN
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by IJN »

When he was at Argyle he did a presentation to the Senior Greens. He was embarrassing with his lack of intelligence and football knowledge.

Sorry to see you guys go down, not good for Devon football.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I appreciate I'm in a small minority but I'm now interested to hear from Owers about which players he's releasing and which ones he's offered contracts to. Whether we like it or not he's in charge of a very important close season squad assembly.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

The test is not who he offers contract to but the number who sign them...
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 15:07 I appreciate I'm in a small minority but I'm now interested to hear from Owers about which players he's releasing and which ones he's offered contracts to. Whether we like it or not he's in charge of a very important close season squad assembly.
I know everyone will say get rid of the lot but that is just not going to happen. The reason is it is going to be a task and a half to find 18 players of a good pedigree willing to come to Torquay for NLS football.

So I think Owers will look at what we have already got in the first instance. We already have Gowling, Pittman, Reid, Clarke on two year contract so if he looking to offer contracts to Young, McGinty Davis and Keating that's half the squad from the start of last season. I assume he will also try to sign Romain and guess offer contracts to Dorrel and Williams. That would leave another 7 players required to make a 18 man squad which I estimate will be the target for next season with a few loanees attached here and there.

So will he offer Gosling, Balatoni, Klukowski contracts ? All three would be good enough for NLS standard. Of the three I would have thought Balatoni will be odds on to be offered a contract even though that offer will be open to debate.

Of course all the above is based on whether any of them want to play NLS football next season and/or Owers is not sacked on the last game of the season on a 'Knee Jerk Reaction'.
On a final note, I was amazed to hear Owers say pre-Hartlepool game that Reece Mitchell was injured so not in the squad for the week-end. I thought he had already left the club. What is going on there?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

So its "Business as usual" quote from CO in Herald.

And he is going to be around for another 5 years.

And Owers will be manager next season.

The fans should be VERY worried indeed about that.

Business as usual. mmmmmmmm relegation, relegation, relegation, relegation relegation then.

More b*llocks, more incompetence and more failure.

How do you lot really think that by continuing to go and paying your entrance fee you are actually helping.

One reminder to you all, it aint YOUR club, its CO's club, he owns it and he can do what ever he likes with it.

You have one choice, boycott next season for ALL home games but turn up in force to away games, let him fold the club if he chooses to do so. Call his bluff. Be brave, not timid, stand up for the working class fans of TUFC, the ones on minimum wage. The ones who cant afford to do what he can do. The ones being ripped off with crap football.

The management will tempt you with "full-time" professional footballers. Problem is we have incompetent management, it will make no difference. And when we start losing to WSM and the like, remember you are helping the decline of this club!
TUST MEMBER
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Totally agree Neal but you're wasting your energy.

Let others do what they see fit to do and you go and do what you see fit to do. As i have. Time now not to judge anyone but if you feel dis-united from your fellow fans then there is nothing wrong with that. I've felt that way for quite a number of years now and don't see it changing.

If what you do doesn't involve TUFC anymore then don't let anyone get away with calling you out on it. Your choice. Your life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The telling stat is that we got 3 points out of the first 30 - and you wonder where it all went wrong!