Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Yorkieandy wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 17:42 Totally agree Neal but you're wasting your energy.

If what you do doesn't involve TUFC anymore then don't let anyone get away with calling you out on it. Your choice. Your life.
Please extend the same courtesy to those who choose to still go to Plainmoor then. Our choice.
Tust member 191
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Mattpuma wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 18:04 Please extend the same courtesy to those who choose to still go to Plainmoor then. Our choice.
As i said. Time now not to judge but for everyone just to do as they see fit. It would be a great help if you could read it properly. Your choice to carry on going. Your life. I don't agree with it but nothing will change either way so everyone is a loser.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

And how many 3 pointers were there when Geoff Harrop juggled and juggled and then came up with a manager we could have had weeks and weeks before. Nicholson saved us two season running. Owers will claim he had insufficient time. If there is a name we can all blame surely it is that of the General Manager.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

I can read perfectly well thank you 😀
You were "totally agreeing" with a post that was slating people who choose to go to Plainmoor.
Tust member 191
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Mattpuma wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 18:12 I can read perfectly well thank you 😀
You were "totally agreeing" with a post that was slating people who choose to go to Plainmoor.
Yes, I think the term used by Neal was 'you lot' ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Said it before, not defending Owers. He came to the club, the team was already in big trouble, it was a sinking ship when Owers arrived, his job was to fix the ship and turn it around, on that score he's failed, and to be fair he did have time.

Owers will have a budget, a summer to build truly his own squad, he'll have a pre-season to shape things. I will reserve full judgement until I see the results next season.

Dartford relegated two season ago appear to be on the way to the title, Braintree went down last season look set for a play-off place, Welling who went down with Dartford I think not to far behind.

This is not being arrogant, underestimating the size of the task, but a top 5 finish should be the very least our club should be looking to achieve. Anything less than that, there should be a managerial change.
Formerly known as forevertufc
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

If the plan was to have a manager who has managed in National League South and take the club there why didn't we appoint Steve Tully? It would have save the club 1tens of thousands of pounds?!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

:)
Neal wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 16:59 So its "Business as usual" quote from CO in Herald.

And he is going to be around for another 5 years.

And Owers will be manager next season.

The fans should be VERY worried indeed about that.

Business as usual. mmmmmmmm relegation, relegation, relegation, relegation relegation then.

More b*llocks, more incompetence and more failure.

How do you lot really think that by continuing to go and paying your entrance fee you are actually helping.

One reminder to you all, it aint YOUR club, its CO's club, he owns it and he can do what ever he likes with it.

You have one choice, boycott next season for ALL home games but turn up in force to away games, let him fold the club if he chooses to do so. Call his bluff. Be brave, not timid, stand up for the working class fans of TUFC, the ones on minimum wage. The ones who cant afford to do what he can do. The ones being ripped off with crap football.

The management will tempt you with "full-time" professional footballers. Problem is we have incompetent management, it will make no difference. And when we start losing to WSM and the like, remember you are helping the decline of this club!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

brucie wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 17:47 The telling stat is that we got 3 points out of the first 30 - and you wonder where it all went wrong!
Oh Brucie brucie brucie, how can you lay the blame on our previous manager & caretaker managers door ?
There are certain ' senior members ' on this forum who'll want to counteract your unfair accusation with a reasoning for their shocking recruitments & lack of fit for purpose players.
Any way , beware the Nicho fan club , they're sharpening the talons as I type but I think you deserve a :goodpost: :scarf: :-D
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yorkieandy wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 17:42 Totally agree Neal but you're wasting your energy.

Let others do what they see fit to do and you go and do what you see fit to do. As i have. Time now not to judge anyone but if you feel dis-united from your fellow fans then there is nothing wrong with that. I've felt that way for quite a number of years now and don't see it changing.

If what you do doesn't involve TUFC anymore then don't let anyone get away with calling you out on it. Your choice. Your life.
I know I am, just annoys me, injustice and apathy.

And yes your right, I will go to away games only next season.
TUST MEMBER
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 18:34 Said it before, not defending Owers. He came to the club, the team was already in big trouble, it was a sinking ship when Owers arrived, his job was to fix the ship and turn it around, on that score he's failed, and to be fair he did have time.

Owers will have a budget, a summer to build truly his own squad, he'll have a pre-season to shape things. I will reserve full judgement until I see the results next season.

Dartford relegated two season ago appear to be on the way to the title, Braintree went down last season look set for a play-off place, Welling who went down with Dartford I think not to far behind.

This is not being arrogant, underestimating the size of the task, but a top 5 finish should be the very least our club should be looking to achieve. Anything less than that, there should be a managerial change.
:goodpost: as brucie stated earlier the damage was long done before Owers was appointed, it's not Owers fault our completely inept general manager or owner took a month to appoint him. I'm not saying Owers is the answer, but he took charge match number 14 against barrow. So Owers has been in charge for 32 games this season (unless he gets sacked before Tuesday). With that in mind, I'm sure if Owers had the full season and indeed pre-season we would be clear of relegation. Why did they not sack Nicholson after the north ferriby match. Our pre-season was a joke playing kit men, ice cream sellers and playing dross.
Owers whether we like it or not is here next season, so let's judge him on that.
Lucy
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Lucy6lucy == As brucie stated earlier the damage was long done before Owers was appointed, it's not Owers fault our completely inept general manager or owner took a month to appoint him.Why did they not sack Nicholson after the north ferriby match. Our pre-season was a joke playing kit men, ice cream sellers and playing dross.
Owers whether we like it or not is here next season, so let's judge him on that.
[/quote]

:goodpost:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Dazza wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 18:11 And how many 3 pointers were there when Geoff Harrop juggled and juggled and then came up with a manager we could have had weeks and weeks before. Nicholson saved us two season running. Owers will claim he had insufficient time. If there is a name we can all blame surely it is that of the General Manager.
And you conveniently forget to mention we struggled in the league under little Lord faunt!eroy & managed to learn feck all after 2 near disasters & still persisted with it & let him build a ' lottery winning squad ' before seeing sense & getting rid.
This club is a basket case.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 19:07 And you conveniently forget to mention we struggled in the league under little Lord faunt!eroy & managed to learn feck all after 2 near disasters & still persisted with it & let him build a ' lottery winning squad ' before seeing sense & getting rid.
This club is a basket case.
What this club has lacked or lacks is an ownership of proper integrity and financial knowledge, this club has so much potential. I exclude Paul and Thea .( they where well and truly stitched up by previous board directors).
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Barrow, Owers first game was match 11 not 14, he had , will have had 36 games to improve things
Signed 22 players, failed. Yates hasnt had much trouble turning Solihull around or Edinburgh, Leyton
Orient, or Bates, caretaker at Hartlepool. It can be done