Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Bomber wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 16:16 In Kevin Nicholson's four games in charge we picked up one point (Tranmere H 0-0, Aldershot A 2-3, Gateshead A 0-3 & Boreham Wood H 2-4); in the reverse fixtures under Gary Owers we picked up two points - Aldershot H 0-0, Gateshead H 1-1.

In Robbie Herrera's six-match caretaker spell we picked up two points (Guiseley A 2-3, Solihull Moors H 1-2, Woking A 1-4, Chester FC 1-1, Wrexham 0-0 and Bromley A 1-3) - in the reverse fixtures under Owers we picked up seven points - Chester FC A 2-0, Woking H 2-1, Solihull Moors A 1-1.
Yes but what they didn't have was the increased budget to do it with and they weren't afforded the opportunity to bring in the players they needed. In fact when Robbie asked for an extra player because he was struggling to put out a side due to injuries he was told no.

The powers that be wanted them both out. It's a simple as that and unfortunately early season results gave them the chance to do that. Stage managed well but you reap what you sow and they now have their reward.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

IMO Osborne wanted in morally bereft characters that could be easily manipulated to suit his own requirements. Hence why Owers et al were brought in and are staying. Hence why Harrop keeps his job too. Obvious to me really.

Nico didn't strike me as the type of bloke who would simply have gone along with everything to the detriment of the football club and it's fans and therefore was ditched.

Doesn't matter now anyway. Osborne, Owers and the rest are tight knit and are enjoying the ride together and there ain't nowt anyone can do about it.

Now where did i put that book on how to start a phoenix club? :}
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Possible timeline of events....

Owers gets sacked tomorrow
No time to find a replacement for Saturday, so Harrop takes charge for the game.
We win the game on Saturday.
We give Harrop a go in charge next season as he won.
Absolute disaster season. But the season after will be different.
No one cares, and cheap housing for everyone on plainmoor.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Don’t know why your all worrying.
Like Owers said ‘it will all be sorted by tea time on Monday, makes no bones about it’.

:lol: :scarf:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Then we won’t be rubbish anymore
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I have supported Garry Owers since he took the job but after last night I feel that he should go as we are a shambles. Garry has had time to sort out a defence that was letting in goals when Kevin Nicholson was in charge.

The left back position has been a problem all season Davis is ok going forward but not good at defending and last night it really showed. McGinty has taken stick for other players failings and Davis is on his left side, Gowling flatters to deceive. Barnes trys hard but needs to be fitter you ask the question is he a fullback.

The midfield needs to be sorted and Young needs to be told to play deeper and sit in front of the back four (Preferably) and use his passing from deeper positions, he wastes a lot of energy as he is playing at full stretch all the time.

After reading Clarke Osborne's backing of the manager it is no wonder he has not said much to the supporters as he obviously has no idea about football. Mr Osborne should form a committee or directors to run the club for him as he has been let down by the people he put in charge to do the job. It frightens me to think who signed two year contracts.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Tomogull, I realise your upset about the demise of our football club & are shocked that certain individuals within the team have been made culpable for the disaster this season has been.
Senior pro's should take it upon themselves to stand up & take responsibility for what happens on the pitch.
But the one question I have to ask is, Why do have to come across as being such a morose character ?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

IanGull01 wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 18:43 Don’t know why your all worrying.
Like Owers said ‘it will all be sorted by tea time on Monday, makes no bones about it’.

:lol: :scarf:
Yup, by teatime on Monday we will have no, or hardly any, players. But, thank the Lord, we will have a useless manager, and even more useless (and overweight) general manager. And an owner that nobody trusts. It will all be sorted then.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Tomo isn't morose Teigngull. Far from it i think. Also i've found tomogull many times in the past on here to be one of the fairest, most tolerable of others and more reasonable posters you could get.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 17:37 You posted that Thea Bristow was reponsible for the appointment of Chris Hargreaves. No, she wasn't - he was appointed by the Board of which Thea Bristow was chairman.
Chairman with the over powering shareholding that meant her vote vetoed any other opinion ~ appreciate the FACTS of the matter!

The resignation and departure of the three most able of that board tells the story of that nightmare ~ take on board, appreciate the FACTS!

When you hold an overpowering control of a company you and you alone are responsible for that company, it's policy and future direction ~ you need to understand the FACTS and come out of this fairy-dairyland of Saint Thea worship.

The pigeons of that era and what it has lead to, have come home to roost; wake up and smell the coffee!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think we agree that these are all FACTS Merse. However, Thea wasn't in a position to competently fulfil her role and thus handed over the responsibility for this to others who she trusted implicitly and it was the greed and frivolity of those incumbents that should bear the brunt of any criticism. Thea was over powering shareholder in name only and she probably took this on board because she was advised to so (badly) so when the shit hit the fan she was the one responsible for the mess and the one who would get criticism. When in actual fact she wasn't responsible in any way for this other than trusting others.

Obviously it was incredibly naive. Much like me when i was a schoolkid and my bigger mates urged me to go up to this older lad who was sniffing around my girlfriend and call him an ugly ****. They assured me it would be fine, he'd be shocked and think i was hard and if he DID kick off then they'd emerge from the trees in which they were hiding and get him to run away. They didn't and i got a damn good pummeling. Happy days.

In life you have to put your trust in people to get by and to survive. She picked the wrong people as i did with my 'mates'.

One of them is a druggie now and lives in a bedsit in Goole. I'm laughing now.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yorkieandy wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 19:56In life you have to put your trust in people to get by and to survive. She picked the wrong people as i did with my 'mates'. One of them is a druggie now and lives in a bedsit in Goole
Who's that, Simon Baker? :whistle:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Flipper wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 18:07 Yes but what they didn't have was the increased budget to do it with and they weren't afforded the opportunity to bring in the players they needed. In fact when Robbie asked for an extra player because he was struggling to put out a side due to injuries he was told no.

The powers that be wanted them both out. It's a simple as that and unfortunately early season results gave them the chance to do that. Stage managed well but you reap what you sow and they now have their reward.
Nicholson wasn't complaining about the budget...remember his comment about the squad being play offs ready and the new gaffer had won the.lottery?

Just as ridiculous as Owers' "we're not rubbish anymore".

The truth is neither of them have all the qualities we need but for different reasons.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

DevonYellow wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 22:16 Nicholson wasn't complaining about the budget...remember his comment about the squad being play offs ready and the new gaffer had won the.lottery?

Just as ridiculous as Owers' "we're not rubbish anymore".

The truth is neither of them have all the qualities we need but for different reasons.
Never saw that comment. Not to say he didn't say that and the squad was play off ready,not for that league but NLS. :whistle:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 19:35 Tomo isn't morose Teigngull. Far from it i think. Also i've found tomogull many times in the past on here to be one of the fairest, most tolerable of others and more reasonable posters you could get.
Cheers Andy - thanks for that. I think I treat the Forum in a fairly light-hearted manner most of the time, but I do get a bit crabby when I read individuals being unfairly criticised (in my view) when they've got no chance of defending themselves. However, I did get bliddy morose last night. It was one of those horrible thick drizzly nights and it was a toss up whether to stay at home in the warm and watch Liverpool/Roma on the tele or go to Plainmoor. I went to Plainmoor. My grandson who usually comes with me decided to go with his mates 'down the pub' to watch the Liverpool match on the big screen. Today he has taken great delight in telling me what a great game it was, whilst I was watching 'football' that was ten million miles away from the beautiful game being played at Anfield. :@ :@ :@