Good luck to Exeter City

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

I don`t recall the size of crowd. Whatever it was and whatever it meant financially is possibly less important than the principle.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Launceston Gull wrote: 28 May 2018, 19:00 I don`t recall the size of crowd. Whatever it was and whatever it meant financially is possibly less important than the principle.
If you say so.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Apparently doubts now surround the future of Tisdale. If they actually come out of the mouths of anyone in the Exeter camp or who claims to support them - please learn from our experience - be really grateful when you are okay. Not okay is a dark dark place.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Dazza wrote: 28 May 2018, 19:12 Apparently doubts now surround the future of Tisdale. If they actually come out of the mouths of anyone in the Exeter camp or who claims to support them - please learn from our experience - be really grateful when you are okay. Not okay is a dark dark place.
I think he's never really forgiven the club for serving notice on his contract when they were doing poorly. The effectiveness of that action is debatable but if I was him it would have left a very poor taste in my mouth, even now, especially considering what he's given to the club.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

SenorDingDong wrote: 28 May 2018, 19:26 I think he's never really forgiven the club for serving notice on his contract when they were doing poorly. The effectiveness of that action is debatable but if I was him it would have left a very poor taste in my mouth, even now, especially considering what he's given to the club.
Plus with Perryman retiring I reckon he feels now is the time to move on. MK Dons the favourite destination apparently.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

50,196 official gate.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

brucie wrote: 28 May 2018, 11:28 Stefano - Belated commiserations on your team Exeter Red Indians United getting a right royal stuffing in the Convoleted Premier League Farcebowl Play off final on Saturday.

Now for the win double today with Coventry coming up trumps.
Thanks for that brucie but as you very well know rugby union is not tribal. It was the result I fully expected as Saracens are a magnificent side and there was certainly no grumpiness from me.

It is though difficult to comprehend your present hatred of Exeter City as if you scroll back on your posts on this very site to 4 or 5 years ago you were telling everybody that Torquay United is shit (well fair enough with that one!) and that you were going off to support Exeter City. It is probably you that keeps crashing the site to make sure that your sins are not discovered!

Anyway....**** off ;-)
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Void
Last edited by westyorkshiregull on 28 May 2018, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Don't hate Exeter City at all - its BBC Radio Devon (Exeter) that I hate. Fatty Ayres and in particular John Lockyer and co - what a boring fart he is so out of the two results I was far more pleased that Exeter Chiefs lost. Probably the first time this season they have played anybody with a full side.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I don’t care if this makes me a “small man”. I’m bloody delighted that the greasers lost today.

I wouldn’t give a toss if they were in the Premier League. They are our rivals, and I don’t want them to do well. Would you ever hear a Spurs fan cheering on, or wishing Arsenal luck in any game? Would you bollocks.

They are rivals and they lost. Happy bloody Monday. Finally something to cheer about in this shit of a season.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 29 May 2018, 00:25 Would you ever hear a Spurs fan cheering on, or wishing Arsenal luck in any game? Would you bollocks.
Ciy are TWO levels higher than us now; we're about as much as a rival to them as Charlton are to Arsenal. Once upon a time they and the Arse used to be bitter local rivals until 1913, when Woolwich Arsenal moved from the Manor Ground in Plumstead, South East London to Highbury; in those days it was Clapton Orient who were the Spurs' local rivals.

I think you'll find our local rivals are now Truro City mate! :-/
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

merse btpir wrote: 29 May 2018, 07:54
I think you'll find our local rivals are now Truro City mate! :-/
Actually it's Weston Super Mare , 79 miles away, compared to 106 to Truro
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Based on miles but I would still think of truro as the local derby being both more south west and isolated.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

It's all a bit ignominious though isn't it; and every reason not to gloat at Exeter City