Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

His wife has quit her job and he's moving his young family to the area so you can't question his commitment to making this move work.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Congratulations to Mr Owers on another solid signing.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Asa Hall looks a little like Harry Kane. Just wanted to shoehorn that in..

:goodpost:
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

Parkys People wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 14:17 Asa Hall looks a little like Harry Kane. Just wanted to shoehorn that in..

:goodpost:
He is one of our own😂😂
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

I think asa hall is a good signing who could give us experience and leadership in the center of the field something we have been lacking peers looks like he wants to have quick and tricky wingers which he has got however bobson bawling did miss a lot of last season with injury so if we can keep him fit then he will be a fantastic signing as Crawley fans said he had a good attitude and signs of good things and Woking fans said that he had a good attitude but he was injured most of the time.jason banton I’m hoping he will prove me wrong however I’m not sure on him I think he probably has talent and does have potential to be a fantastic player especially at this level however by the sounds of it his attitude was suspect at Woking and he was out for the first 3 months of last season and does have a past of injuries however he could work out very well but we will see if GO and mould him into something special I think this season will go one of two ways we could do fantastically well or it could be an other miserable season let’s hope for the best and see if GO and get the best out of a team that he built.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Will be interesting to see how the squad develops and what calibre of players are recruited - seems we still need;

Goalkeeper (2)
Right back
Left back
Left sided central defender
Midfielder
Centre forward

Some names in the frame so we will see what emerges ! Acquisition of further dependable looking players will heighten anticipation.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

The push for a centre forward to partner Williams is a good idea, however what does this mean for Reid, Keating and Pittman's in terms of their roles at the club? An array of ineffective substitutes clogging up the wage bill?

On the flip side I don't feel I can judge Pittman as I didn't see enough of him and Keating did a reasonable job when partnered with Brett. Interesting times.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

I can’t stand watching pitman play he is one of the laziest players I have seen it’s so frustrating and he doesn’t even get the goals to justify him playing
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Northampton gull wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 15:38 I can’t stand watching pitman play he is one of the laziest players I have seen it’s so frustrating and he doesn’t even get the goals to justify him playing
Were not many occasions to see him play with only 8 full games under his belt. As for not getting goals, in terms of game ratio Pittman played 8 full games (3 goals) against Keating -17 games (4 goals) Williams -14 games (4 goals) Romain 13 games (4 goals). So may be a tad harsh on the goals statistic. My gripe with Pittman was how he could/did not work his way back into a team lacking goal scoring ability. It appears there will be no announcement of an amicable divorce from the club, so what to do with him?
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Duane ofori achempong (not spelt right)has just been released by dartford F.C. personally I would like him back down here as I was impressed with him when he was down here he would give us an other option and works well as a target man I think he would give us something else and I can’t imagine that he would be on massive wages
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

He will be back but with Woking! Probably score against us!
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Wolborough wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 21:47 He will be back but with Woking! Probably score against us!
Only just saw that disappointing
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

No need to panic - pre season training starts in just over 7 days time on July 2 and we have already got a massive squad together!😄
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

at least 3 more due to sign this week.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Source?